My Dime, My Time

eoe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:05 pm
Whaddaya think about Ronnie Raygun's head on the dime?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,126 • Replies: 42
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:07 pm
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:14 pm
I'd love to see a modern president honored so.

And who better than the man who:

Revitalized the economy more than any President since FDR.

Led the way in making the United States a Superpower once again.

Collapsed the Soviet Union's economy by turning the Cold War into a poker game and upping the ante until the Sov.'s had to fold their hand.

And made you proud to be an American again.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:15 pm
it is either an idiot or a actor playing an idiot, its hard to tell.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:22 pm
Dys,
Your sig picture nothwithstanding, do you even REMEMBER what things were like during the Carter years?

Double digit inflation.

Crushing interest rates.

An economy that had almost imploded.

A military that couldn't have defended to border from a group of pissed off Boy Scouts.

Those of us who lived through those times remember, and even the most Left wing members of Congress during the Reagan years went along with R.R.'s plan because ANYTHING had to be better than what had gone on in the years before.

Just pull up some stats of the times before Ronald Reagan and you will see just how bad it was. Then look at what people call an economic 'slump' in this day and age and you will see how spoiled we have become.

God Bless you Ron!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:48 pm
Fedral wrote:

The man tripled the national debt during his years in office -- and never had a balanced budget. He did more to put this nation into the poor house than any president who ever worked.

Quote:

In your dreams -- but only in your dreams.

Quote:
Collapsed the Soviet Union's economy by turning the Cold War into a poker game and upping the ante until the Sov.'s had to fold their hand.

He did do that.

But that "upping the ante" was done at the expense of future generataions paying off the ante.

And "collapsing" another nation's "economy" is a scumbag thing to do. If Osama Bin Laden were able to "collapse" our economy, would you consider him to be a hero?

Quote:

I cringed every time I saw him speak.

But I will say this: Compared to the moron now in that office, he was a virtual Einstein.

As for the notion of Reagan replacing Roosevelt on the dime -- well...the loonies on the right have more than enough clout to do pretty much what they want. So...they should do it if they can. But considering the track record of conservatives getting things done, my guess is they will simply spill soup on their ties.

If you truly want to see a modern president honored, why not honor Bill Clinton? He was twice the president Reagan could even hope to be. And he was as honorable and as moral as Reagan.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 02:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'd love to see a modern president
If you truly want to see a modern president honored, why not honor Bill Clinton? He was twice the president Reagan could even hope to be. And he was as honorable and as moral as Reagan.

Now you've done it, Frank... I'm holding my breath...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 02:49 pm
eoe wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'd love to see a modern president

Now you've done it, Frank... I'm holding my breath...

Both of us are!!!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 02:52 pm
Umm, I suspect anyone on a coin has to be dead first. That's the rule for US stamps, too...

We can fight it out at the appropriate time. My own thought is, if Reagan is on a coin--I'd find other ways to pay for vending maching snacks...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 03:25 pm
Clinton?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

You crack me up, Frank!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 03:56 pm
Hey, McG, what do you think of your senator, Hilllary Clinton, on the next version of the dollar coin? Maybe she'll succeed where Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea failed...
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Fedral wrote:

The man tripled the national debt during his years in office -- and never had a balanced budget. He did more to put this nation into the poor house than any president who ever worked.

And how much would we have spent and still be spending on an ongoing Cold War against a still strong and vital Soviet Union?
Better to have 'bitten the bullet' and gotten it over with quickly

Frank Apisa wrote:
Fedral wrote:

In your dreams -- but only in your dreams..

Going from a military that couldn't coordinate itself well enough to rescue a few hostages from a third rate power, to a military so strong that the Soviet Defence ministry rated the chances of possible success against Western Europe as minimal. That and the ability to project more power around the globe than any other country in history = Superpower.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Fedral wrote:

He did do that.

But that "upping the ante" was done at the expense of future generations paying off the ante.

And "collapsing" another nation's "economy" is a scumbag thing to do. If Osama Bin Laden were able to "collapse" our economy, would you consider him to be a hero?

As per my comments above. How much money, how many lives and how much strife was saved by doing it all at once? Also in collapsing the economy of the enemy who had sworn at various times to.
Bury us. (Kruschev)
Destroy us. (Andropov)
Burn us on the pyres of our own capitalist greed. (Pravda '86 or '87)

In a war there are always winners and losers. I'm glad it was US who were the winners. (I don't like the thought of standing in line to buy bread)

Frank Apisa wrote:
Fedral wrote:

I cringed every time I saw him speak.

But I will say this: Compared to the moron now in that office, he was a virtual Einstein.

And you preferred the style of that incompetent peanut farmer from Georgia or the should have been neutered, traitor from that bastion of ejamacashun Arkansas.

Frank Apisa wrote:
As for the notion of Reagan replacing Roosevelt on the dime -- well...the loonies on the right have more than enough clout to do pretty much what they want. So...they should do it if they can. But considering the track record of conservatives getting things done, my guess is they will simply spill soup on their ties.

LOL I almost sprayed blood on the monitor when my brain anyuresum blew from laughing so hard Frank.

I can't see giving Clinton his own coin BUT I do have a suggestion:

Mint a special 'token' with Clintons face that is good for one 'hummer' at a local house of ill repute'.

What do you think?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:46 pm
Quote:
But that "upping the ante" was done at the expense of future generataions paying off the ante

Considering Clinton balanced the budget, how many generations did it take to pay off the ante?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:52 pm
What the hell is wrong with the stupid dime coin as it is? Leave the friggin' money alone! This is the kind of stuff our government has time to waste on??? Yoikes!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:14 pm
Brand X wrote:
Quote:
But that "upping the ante" was done at the expense of future generataions paying off the ante

Considering Clinton balanced the budget, how many generations did it take to pay off the ante?

Balancing the budget is not the same as paying off the ante.

But that comes in 8th grade classes.

You'll get to it.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:25 pm
Conservatives are all for cutting taxes, but the current group in charge of this country could care less about balancing the budget, so it's spend, spend, spend. Hard to recall the days when rock-ribbed conservatives demanded cuts in spending to balance the budget.

To the current crew, coining a new dime would be chump change...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:28 pm
Good post, Fedral. At least, good post considering the aneurysm you were dealing with.

At the end of the post, you asked:
Quote:
What do you think?

Well...

...Ronald Reagan did more to harm the financial integrity of the United States than any president before or after him. But you poor conservative dupes, who normally would be going ballistic about something like that, give him a free pass on damn near everything.

Hey, considering some of the other buffoons you have as choices for your heroes -- I can't blame ya.

And you guys hold him up as a paragon of family values -- while derrogating someone like Bill Clinton.

Sure!

Reagan cheated on his first wife. Knocked up his second and had to get married. Raised a family of kids so disfunctional, two of them actually wrote books detailing the coldness and lack of love in the family -- and even though he was president of the United States, he was barely able to wipe his ass without his wife's okay.

And he either lied through his goddam teeth during Iran/Contra or was the most out of contact chief executives we ever had -- at least before January 2000.

Put his image on a dime?

It more properly belongs on a slug.

That's what I think!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:30 pm
GW coin.
A person has to be dead to be on one. GW is brain dead. Does that qualify?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:30 pm
Mr President could you explain your knowledge of Iran-Contra? Ronald Reagan "I don't remember"
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:36 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Quote:

Balancing the budget is not the same as paying off the ante.

But that comes in 8th grade classes.

You'll get to it.

Ooh, you're such an intellectual giant. Tell us again how many articles you've had published in the paper, you're soooo impressive. Rolling Eyes In your own mind that is.
0 Replies