21
   

The end of men

 
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
I read recently that there are more women attending college then men - even in the professional schools. Wonder what that means?

From USAToday.
Quote:

College gender gap remains stable: 57% women
Updated 1/26/2010

Dartmouth College is bucking the national trend of women being overrepresented on campus as of 2008, about 53% of its students were male.

By Mary Beth Marklein, USA TODAY
The gender gap on campus — about 57% female, 43% male — is troubling, but it's not getting any worse, a report says today.
Men have consistently represented about 43% of enrollments and earned 43% of bachelor's degrees since 2000, says the report by the American Council on Education, a higher-education organization.
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:20 pm
i've probably said this already, but, if men got us to the mess we're in today, i say it's time to give the ladies a shot
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I read recently that there are more women attending college then men - even in the professional schools. Wonder what that means?

From USAToday.


It can only be one or both of two things....lack of gumption or lack of educational preparedness. I argue that it is both, the women are advantaged through special programs which were designed to promote women over men and this has the duel effect of enabling women to routinely beat men in academic competition and it also relays the message to young men that according to this collective judgement men suck, which is a huge morale killer for young men.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's self-defeatism; I don't believe that!
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's self-defeatism; I don't believe that!


Take another look at what has happened to underclass black men during the last 30 years and then say that again, please.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's not necessary to identify one minority group to make a point. Many black men also earn more than many white men.
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's not necessary to identify one minority group to make a point. Many black men also earn more than many white men.


You are missing the point.... a huge portion of black men have been in trouble for a long time, in large part due to defeatist attitudes and self destructive behavior. The point is that if this can happen to black men then there is no reason this could not happen to a huge portion of all men under the right conditions. My argument is that it has in the younger generations, those who have been forged during the last 20 years when the message that "Men Suck!" has permeated this societies teachings.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
"Defeatest attitutudes??" Are you trying to prove some kind of social truism only about blacks? jeesus keriste.

Quit listening to FOX News; they've tainted your reality.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Defeatest attitutudes??" Are you trying to prove some kind of social truism only about blacks? jeesus keriste.

Quit listening to FOX News; they've tainted your reality


Right, cause all those debates that have taken place over the last two decades about what is wrong with black men and what is wrong with the black family never happened.....

You politics are warping your judgement...blacks are well aware that there a serious problem in black culture re men and the family, it is only you liberals who are blind to it because the truth fucks with your cherished beliefs.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Isn't it wunderful that the white people are so productive, educated, and none are on welfare. They never steal, kill, rape, or hurt other people. No sureee!
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Isn't it wunderful that the white people are so productive, educated, and none are on welfare. They never steal, kill, rape, or hurt other people. No sureee!


The percentage of black men in prison compared to the percent of white men is what?

Your argument only works if you stay ignorant of the truth.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
The number of blacks in prison? That shows how uninformed you are about our justice system. Do you understand "equal treatment under our laws?" I doubt that very much. Study a little about how more blacks are apt to be in jail/prison for the same crimes committed by whites. Also do a little study on racial profiling; it still goes on in many police departments across this "land of the free."

You might learn something, but I doubt it, because you've already been brainwashed.

You can't handle the 'truth.'

Quote:

• Although Black Americans make up only 12.7% of the U.S. population, they make up 48.2% of adults in federal, state, or local prisons and jails.

According to the 1998 federal National Household Survey on Drug Abuse (NHSDA), 72% of users were White and 15% were Blacks. Despite this, Black people were arrested for drug offenses at higher rates than White people.
msolga
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Personally I will be rather sad to see the last of men.
Life can be so cruel sometimes .......
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am sure that you will have an excuse on the ready to avoid any fact which is not compatible with your politics.....which one do you use on this one?

Quote:
Differences by Race and Ethnicity
Large racial/ethnic differences exist in the percentage of births to unmarried women, with
non-Hispanic white women and Asian or Pacific Islander women being much less likely
to have a nonmarital birth. In 2005, 69.5 percent of all births to non-Hispanic black
women, 63.3 percent of births of American Indian or Alaskan native woman, and 47.9
percent of births to Hispanic women occurred outside of marriage, compared with 25.4
percent for non-Hispanic white women and 16.2 percent for Asian or Pacific Islander
women (preliminary estimates).

http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/pdf/75_PDF.pdf
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
What has birth rates have to do with anything except numbers? What does that prove?
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 12:20 pm
Quote:
"Over the course of the official recession, men lost twice as many jobs as women," says Heather Boushey, senior economist at the Center for American Progress. She attributes this to the hammering that the male-dominated construction and manufacturing sectors took in the economic meltdown

Fortunately, things finally seem to be turning around for the dudes.
"Since the economic recovery began, as defined by the National Bureau of Economic Research to be June 2009, private-sector employers have hired 503,000 men," Boushey said in March 2011. "Over the economic recovery so far, men have seen especially strong job gains in professional and business services, adding 425,000 jobs."
Men have also been branching out into sectors that are considered by some to be less he-manly than construction and manufacturing. "Men were bleeding jobs in manufacturing and heavy industry," says Adam Hanft, CEO of the marketing firm Hanft Projects. "The gush has been stabilized and some industries are hiring. Further, some men are actually shedding their testosterone boundaries and taking jobs in retail."
While things may be getting better for the male of the species, Hanft cautions men to watch out for long-term employment trends, which still do not favor them.
"Women are increasingly better educated and in urban areas like New York City, women earn more than their male counterparts," he says. "Further, the jobs of the future — that involve complex, multi-dimensional processing — are those that women are best equipped for, as research into brain biology is increasingly proving.


http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/story/2012-01-29/cnbc-mancession/52826370/1

This does not address the issue at all as to why men are failing to adapt to the new realities of the job market place, adapting being something that we men are usually very good at. I think that this is explained by a spiritual problem, one that is caused by the societal message of "Men Suck!"
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:



This does not address the issue at all as to why men are failing to adapt to the new realities of the job market place


It appears that you've provided the answer to your query in the document you reference.

Men need to pick up the pace on the evolution of their brains so that they will have brains that are better able to handle complex, multi-dimensional processing.

Actually, that you still wonder after providing the answer suggests that the article/science is correct.

hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Men need to pick up the pace on the evolution of their brains so that they will have brains that are better able to handle complex, multi-dimensional processing.
that is a huge unexamined prejudice right there, the statement that this represents forward progress of the human brain when it could just as easily be backwards. However, this same science proves the the human brain is incredibly able to rewire, so we are right back to the question of why mens brains have not rewired to the times. I submitt that we are also right back to the reason being a spiritual problem....one caused by the teaching "Men Suck!".
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 12:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
This does not address the issue at all as to why men are failing to adapt to the new realities of the job market place, adapting being something that we men are usually very good at. I think that this is explained by a spiritual problem, one that is caused by the societal message of "Men Suck!"


this gets a -1 rating, yet more proof that Robert royally fucked up by including the popularity system into A2K. The need to grovel to popularity makes it more difficult to talk about ideas, to get to the truth. I refuse to cater to the callow, but not everyone is of as strong constitution as am I.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 01:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
we are right back to the question of why mens brains have not rewired to the times. I submitt that we are also right back to the reason being a spiritual problem


so you're suggesting that the reason men's and women's brains have evolved differently is spiritual?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Are women a minority? - Discussion by DrewDad
Do Women Sexualize Themselves? - Question by lizaveta
Name the most dangerous woman in the United States - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
Are Women free of Converture laws today? - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
Why are some women attracted to bad men? - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
What can women do better than men? - Question by Robert Gentel
Women through the Ages - Discussion by George
50 Great Things About Women Over 50 - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » The end of men
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/25/2020 at 08:01:52