What amazes you about your bodily functions?

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:08 pm
Good-ah
Briest
Formamagio
Shedam
Shecotta
Mozzerella

Actually, some of the pre-existing cheese names are pretty good.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:09 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Chi Chi Whiz

That's inspired! Laughing

All the world needs now is... a slogan...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:09 pm
Cheddher
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:11 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Cheddher

Laughing I like it...

Our export name could be 'Frhermage 'A'
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:30 pm
Ceili, amazing!! Do you know what the woman's reaction was--or the baby's? Lots of waaahing, I'd bet.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:39 pm
The mother laughed, I mean it's not everyday someone compliments your lactation.
I'm sure she was able to compensate the baby on it's loss.
The guest on the other hand was taken aside and the mistake was quietly explained. I believe he had a decent sense of humour and let it go as a lesson learned. I have been told since, he has never stayed in any other hotel in town, a repeat customer who really liked our SPECIAL attention.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:42 pm
Yeah, talk about customer service!
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:56 pm
I like the cheese idea.

In Asia people pay for bird's nest soup for 300 U.S.; Turtle soup, shark's Fin soup for about the same, From Russia Petrosian Beluga Caviar at 100 U.S. per ounce.

Compared to all of these the Cheese is reasonably priced.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:04 pm
And it comes from such nice containers.
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:10 pm
Bodily functions?
What amazes me is . . . Luciferase!

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12634500

Quote:
Retinal light exposure induces several immediate-early genes in the hypothalamic suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), which contains the major circadian pacemaker of mammals. Clock-controlled and light-induced genes expressed in the SCN such as c- and contain upstream regulatory elements similar to those of the major immediate-early gene (IE-1) of the human cytomegalovirus. IE-1 expression is critical for viral reactivation from latency and increases in response to agents acting through depolarization or the cAMP response element. To test whether IE-1 could be under circadian control, bioluminescence was imaged in individual SCN cells of brain slice cultures from transgenic mice containing the IE-1 enhancer/promoter upstream from the firefly luciferase gene. A small percentage of the cells in neonatal and adult cultures displayed circadian transgene expression, particularly ones near the dorsomedial edge of the SCN. Single-cell bioluminescence imaging revealed that the circadian pacemaker can regulate exogenous viral genes and could play a role in viral diseases.

That'll knock your lights on! I WANT some!
Gimme that bioluminescent rhythmic absolution or give me . . . well, darkness.
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:18 pm
On a more scientific note:

Mother's Milk help develop the immune system

Good for the marketing ploy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:23 pm
PatriUgg - I'm way too tired to make sense of that tonight!

And, to all, about the mothers' milk, it has to have been done. It's too good an idea to not have been done.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:42 pm
Quote:
When I asked Joe to recommend a cheese that would come close to one made from human breast milk, he balked: "I've never tasted breast milk." Was he bottle-fed? "I don't remember." When pressed, Joe said he didn't think cheese made from human breast milk would taste very good. "Sheep, goats, and cows don't eat meat, they don't eat onions or garlic, they don't drink coffee. The flavor of human cheese would depend on what you were feeding your human. Considering our diets, human breast milk would probably taste pretty awful." Does Say Cheese stock human breast milk cheese? "No, we don't." Why not? "It's a disgusting idea, and no one makes it." But if it were available, would you? "I don't think so." [from the portland mercury]

Quote:
Think of it, women can produce milk for as long as you keep them needing to. So I say we use this milk to make a cheese that would be very exclusive and expensive, and we could sell it to the French and possibly the snobs of LA, or people in California in general. Then we could expand upon this with having different kinds of cheese. Indian cheese, Chinese cheese and then blended cheeses American/Irish/Italian cheese, we would actually begin to recruit different women of the nationalities people desired to eat cheese from. Then the warriors of the GBMC could begin the selective breeding of high milk producing human heffers. Then we could expand even more by offering infused cheese like those above but where maybe we feed them only blueberries so the essence of it will make its way into the milk and cheese. Then after that catches on we will have famous person cheese, Cher cheese, Hillary Clinton cheese, people would pay to be on waiting lists for the possibility to eat cheese from super models. Then we would expand into ice-cream, yogurt, creams, dips, a whole line of human dairy products, I'll be rich beyond my wildest dreams. hahahhahahhahaahaa ( insert evil scientist laugh) [from some psychobabbling guy called the great bearded man of the cave or something]

and this - hahaha! Celebrity cheese
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 11:02 pm
Chi Chi Whix sits on a ritz
do we really need cleavage?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 11:24 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:07 am
Cleavage is defined as the separation
of a man's brain from his sanity.

Thus we exist with a dual nature
in which we live as ourselves yet are becoming to someone else.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:21 am
LOL!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:45:25