This Is Interesting

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 06:54 am
and I'm just throwing it out there for comment and the never ending A2K political expertise. I'm not denying it or endorsing it, I'd just like to hear what folks have to say.

http://media.causes.com/877172

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 07:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
A contributor to this Obama-haters site said it well:

"This video is disingenuous. Obama did not enact these Presidential orders -- JFK started them. Dishonesty does not advance the cause of getting rid of the current Prez and Congress. Quit misleading people."
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:21 am
does started them mean it was JFK who actually signed the EO?
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:24 am
During a DECLARED STATE OF EMERGENCY.

Wish this would have happened soon during Katrina and the BP oil mess.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:24 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Do you know for a fact that Obama did? As far as I know this was as a function of the Patriot Act enacted under Bush-Cheney Admin. Did you read the details of the hyperlink you provided?

Yo! Anyone ever hear of 9-11 and the subsequent Patriot Act?
Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Furthermore that site is Tea Party site. We all know how reputable and responsible they are!

And to further underscore the derivation and who passed what under which Admin:

"Oh common folks o some research, none of these were created by Obama.....THEY WERE CREATED over a decade ago............. The National Security Act of 1947, which allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities; The 1950 Defense Production Act, which gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy; The Act of August 29, 1916, which authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency; and The International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979. http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fema_executive_orders.htm http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/1962.html"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 09:14 am
@Ragman,
no I don't. That's why the post. don't get so defensive big dude, Im pretty much on your side.
rabel22

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 09:39 am
Rights. Everyone gets so wrapped up in their rights that they forget that the constitution also conferres responsibilities on us. This is just more rightest B.S..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 09:43 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
A contributor to this Obama-haters site said it well:

"This video is disingenuous. Obama did not enact these Presidential orders -- JFK started them. Dishonesty does not advance the cause of getting rid of the current Prez and Congress. Quit misleading people."

Thank you Ragman. Yeah I wondered which propagandist intentionally didn't perform a fact check on this video.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 01:38 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'm not being defensive. I was reacting to the propaganda of a misguided Teaparty website.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 01:47 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
And...yet you post a link but don't read the info there ? You write that you're 'pretty much on my side', but then you accuse me of being defensive when I 'push back' on you for neither taking any side nor decrying what was written there as nonsensical inaccurate propaganda. What have I missed? Are you in support of the Teaparty causes? Do you think we should use the Constitution only part-time or jsut toss it away like tissue paper?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 07:36 am
Jesus ******* Christ. Did you see I stated that I just threw it out there for the express purpose of feedback and opinion on it?

If this is something JFK or Mickey ******* Mouse wrote I'm happy to hear it. That's why I posted the goddam thing, to hear some facts from others here. I can do without someone picking a fight with me about it.

God in Heaven what the **** has happened to this place?
kickycan

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:51 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'll kick your ass for posting that! Laughing

Hehehe, people are a bit sensitive when it comes to politics these days I guess.

By the way, here's the definition of the word, "patriot," as the Tea Party movement sees things: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what the hell he or she is hollering about.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Passing Blueveined a beer. Chill, dude! You'll blow a gasket.

I'll restate what I wrote earlier: I was rebutting the info and the Teaparty website and the people that support Teaparty movement. Don't take that personally as you'd be misinterpreting my intent. I never attacked you. read what I wrote before over-reacting.

The Patriot Act and laws that affect USA citizens rights is sensitive area for many people.
Never mind all the bluster, what is YOUR opinion? After all, I supplied you with a few links about your topic and links. Let's hear what YOU think about the information I provided you.
djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:22 am
The Obama administration can now rule by decree and ignore Congress and the American people.

about bloody time, the people are definitely too stupid to rule themselves, look at the idiots they elect

wait what Confused
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 09:29 am
@Ragman,
My opinion is that I no longer much care to tell the truth.

I think all this **** has been going on forever, I think we're in the twilight of our years as a super power and empire, I think the general population is too ignorant, purposefully or otherwise, to take any responsibility for themselves, and that there has been cooperation between all political parties and leaders for a long time to use the middle class to pull the plow until government, in cooperation with the corporate world, harvest all that can be harvested and then eliminate the middle class and develop a modern day serf envrionment.

**** it. I'm old,I've had a good life, and we're not so much in the shitter quite yet that I can't live simply and comfortably for a few more years. I worry about my children and heirs but it's their burden to carry now.

I realize that sounds depressed and general, but it's not, it's just pragmatic.

rabel22

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:16 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
You expressed my feelings exactly.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 04:32 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think there must have been some caring on your part or the question wouldn't have been raised.

I think I hear what's behind your attitude and grasp what your saying. When I look back at both of the Kennedy assassinations, MLK Jr assassination and various others I despair about the qualitative state of the leaders and important political movements. I'll add to the mix the Watergate affair and it all gives me the 3Hs (feelings of helpless hopeless heaviness) which wash over me. The Fed gov't has long been at the beck and call of others...mostly PAC groups and multinational corporations.

My concern and energy refocuses as it is mid-term election time. Time to throw out the old rascals and vote in the new. After all, if they're busy looking around trying to find where all the toilets are in WH, it means less time they can reach into our pockets or **** us with new legislation, right?
djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 04:45 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
that's the beauty of not having a wife or kids, i do what i can to make the world a better place, but in the end if it all goes to ****, i really don't care
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 09:41 am
@Ragman,
honestly it was strictly curiousity. I saw the clip and had no idea what it might be about and didn't care enough to investigate so I took the lazy way out and posted here. I did figure it was bullshit though, based on the anecdotal evidence that EVERYTHING that makes it to the political consumer (or American citizen) is bullshit, whether it hangs to the left OR the right.
0 Replies