Are Women the Cause of the God Complex in Men?

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 04:44 pm
Maybe the percentage of women world-wide who get frustrated due to the fact their desires are mutually exclusive is small. I'm also going to suppose that I just happen to be "lucky" enough to be where they are concentrated. I think I'll name this small corner of Earth Choas-illogica, because from a guys' perspective there seems like no way to reason with these women short of meeting their expectations.

An example is this:
Spouse says to you, "I think you should be home more."
You say, "I'd love to, hon. But we're not able to pay our bills unless I work overtime. And speaking of bills why are the credit cards so high."
To which she replies, "We needed school clothes for the kids, and I had to pick up some more medicine for little Suzie. Plus don't you recall we spent a bit at the restaurant for our anniversary."
You agree, "Oh, that is true. I think I should be able to work a couple more weeks to pay for those bills."
She says, "That won't be good, because the kids never see you, and I miss you eating dinner with us."
You say, "Yeah, I miss dinner too, but if we don't pay off this dept the interest will just accrue and the payments will be higher. The sooner we pay it off the better it will be later."
She says, "I don't think it will ever get better. There will be other doctors' bills, the car will break down, and we're going to need to think about fixing the leaks before they ruin the house."
You say, "Well.... I don't know... I'd like to be home with you and the kids, but now that you mentioned these things I think I should be working more."
She says, "Are you sure you want to be home! It really doesn't sound like it."
You say, "No really, I do want....but I feel like I'm failing as a husband and father if we loose our house because we can't pay our bills." (j/k who'd admit to those feelings.
She says, "NO, it's not fair that you get to do everything you want to do. It isn't that you just work overtime, but you also make time to go out with your friends and do things with them. It seems to me that they're more important than we are. Obviously you can make time for things you WANT to do."
(need I go on?)

I've shortened it, because you get the point. Obviously these two are young in their relationship. Later on this same argument would be a lot more succinct with their responses being predominately grunts, cries, forehead smacks, stomps, slams, and silence, but be sure that all the same points will be there. Unresolved issues tend to fester and boil over into these quick spats the longer the relationship lasts.

I would say that this is an intractable problem (one of any number of possible others) common to many relationships. Because from a guys perspective it is impossible to fit more than 24 hours in a day as well as it is impossible to make enough money, spend enough time with the wife, spend enough time with the children, to keep ones sanity through hobbies and enjoyable activities, and have enough time to get proper rest and eat a proper diet (she cares about his health to be sure).

The women in my area seem to expect their spouses to be capable of changing time and space (and a whole lot of other feats), because of this we have three possible options: give them what they want (become God), give up in defeat (check out of the relationship mentally, physically, emotionally), or go insane (and some do).

As I like to say some men are homosexual out of necessity and not due to any desire, because for sanity's sake they've given up trying to please women.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 05:15 pm
I am a little skeptical of the notion that women are a significant of homosexuality.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 05:26 pm
@roger,
I do remember thinking some les were les for political-cultural reasons, doing a switch. (That may have been back when I understood less than now). I have no idea, but as we've discussed before on a2k, there has been, in the past, understanding that sexuality exists on a continuum (and I'll guess, may move on that over time). Perhaps the interest was already there.

I don't know what kind of component antipathy from experience can be for people, but I suspect it may be a factor... in exploration.
Caroline

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 05:40 pm
@roger,
I'm a little skeptical that most women are like this. My bloke works a lot and I don't moan, I accept it.
Pronounce

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:06 pm
@Caroline,
I'm hoping to see more Carolines come visit Chaos-illogica. It would be quite refreshing.
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:09 pm
@roger,
You must be live close to Caroline. Ahhh <imagining a logical whimsical place of fine ladies who behave so gentile >
Pronounce

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
hmmmm /thinking
I may have failed to mention that my statement includes the fact that my culture tends to label people, and that maybe two guys who enjoy each other's company are not really that interesting in having sex with each other, but just being partners for life.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:20 pm
@Pronounce,
Don't sit around waiting for me to mind that.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:43 pm
@Pronounce,
Thank you Pronounce. I don't nag my man, there's no stress in the relationship and that's how I like it, easy!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:29 am
Your scenario is an example of all that is wrong in many marriages - people spending way out of their budget and then stressed out because the bills come due. Too many toys, and an inability to stop needless buying.

I met a woman at the beach who was with her son, age 4. She told me how she and her husband just decided to gear back on all expenses in order for her to quit work and stay home with the child. One car, she cooks more at home, buys clothes second hand, they do things that are free or low cost, and spend more time just enjoying themselves. They are living BELOW their means.

Yes, men are stressed out from working so much. But that does not have to be so.

0 Replies