Can Nobody Exist?

mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:30 am
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex!

Homer's characters weren't real characters. They were representations of the journey through life from boyhood into manhood.

Kind regards!
Mark...
HexHammer

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:26 am
@mark noble,
The point is all that matters!

...which is why we tell fairy tales with a morale.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:04 am
@mark noble,
To exist is a positive statement...nobody instead is a negative!
Obviously you are right Mark, and Ken plain wrong...now what I wonder is how could you doubt it?
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Fil!

I've missed you!

I don't doubt it at all, my friend. That upon which I am concluded, I am concluded.

My art of explanation is not as good as some though.
Thank you for simplifying.

Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:13 am
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex!

I don't tell fairy tales.

If I did, I would be at fairytales.com.

Mark...
kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

To exist is a positive statement...nobody instead is a negative!

What, on earth, would that have to do with it?
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:52 am
@kennethamy,
Hi Ken!

Positives and negatives can't co-exist. That is why there is so much anger and conflict at the QM scale.

Kind regards!
Mark...
kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:07 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Ken!

Positives and negatives can't co-exist. That is why there is so much anger and conflict at the QM scale.

Kind regards!
Mark...

And, what would that have to do with it, even if it were true.

The question is whether the statement, that nobody exists is ever true, and of course, it was true before there were people. Therefore, it is sometimes true that nobody exists. QED. Furthermore, it might be true if an asteroid wiped out all human life. Therefore, even if it is not true, it might be true. QED.
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:34 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

The question is whether the statement, that nobody exists is ever true, and of course, it was true before there were people. Therefore, it is sometimes true that nobody exists. QED. Furthermore, it might be true if an asteroid wiped out all human life. Therefore, even if it is not true, it might be true. QED.

Hi Ken!

The question is 'Can Nobody Exist?' There is no 'ever' in the equation. There is an absence of 'ever' intentionally.

How can you prove (multi-dimensionally) that there was a time when people didn't exist? You are restricting yourself to scientific boundaries in relation to earth's history.

Everything that has form - And everything does have form, is classified as having 'body'.

When people say, "This wine has no body", what they are saying is nobody exists in this wine, but the statement is clearly false. Don't you agree?

Kind regards!
Mark...
kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 01:05 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

Hi Ken!

The question is 'Can Nobody Exist?' There is no 'ever' in the equation. There is an absence of 'ever' intentionally.

How can you prove (multi-dimensionally) that there was a time when people didn't exist? You are restricting yourself to scientific boundaries in relation to earth's history.

Everything that has form - And everything does have form, is classified as having 'body'.

When people say, "This wine has no body", what they are saying is nobody exists in this wine, but the statement is clearly false. Don't you agree?

Kind regards!
Mark...

Only if you were joking, and although I would think that anyone who said such a thing was joking (or, at least, trying to make a joke) I have to say that I am not sure about you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:08 pm
@kennethamy,
mn, There are many things where positives and negatives are necessary for them to function.
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi CI!

Of course. I'm not saying that. Neither could posibly exist without the other, but they are always in a state of opposition. The effect of the two and their action upon one another is what makes energy exist in the first place.

Like a car battery - To us the energy appears to be one resulting effect, but we know that the + & - can never meet or they will cease to be (short circuit). So they can and must be in proximity to one another and in equal amounts. But they can never co-exist as one. Not even in the QM.

No two things can be one thing.

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 04:08 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
I don't tell fairy tales.

If I did, I would be at fairytales.com.
You have a very selfcenterd view, and you should know what I mean.
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 04:13 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

Only if you were joking, and although I would think that anyone who said such a thing was joking (or, at least, trying to make a joke) I have to say that I am not sure about you.

Hi Ken!

I know you are not sure about me - As is everyone, me included.
There are a lot of things you are not sure about, so don't let it bother you.

The wine-thing came into my head and I chose to add it for the sake of humour. It has nothing to do with the fact that nobody cannot exist. For, whatever you, I or Walt disney even, apply the term 'nobody' to, and in English, Mandarin or space-alien lingo (Hexhammer's invention), must be in such a way as to state that no thing = no body (Nothing = Nobody). And, if nothing is nobody and nobody is nothing, nobody cannot exist, because nothing cannot exist.

Ergo, If nobody existed, nothing would exist, instantly denying the existence of nobody. So the only way that nobody can exist is if nothing exists. Nothing cannot exist because it is a non-existant notion (NEN). As soon as it exists it becomes something, for something must always exist. And if something ALWAYS exists, nothing can never exist.

Kind regards!
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 04:15 pm
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex!

So does every other living thing. You included.

kind regards!
Mark...
kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 05:27 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

Hi Ken!

Kind regards!
Mark...

Hi Ken!

I know you are not sure about me - As is everyone, me included.
There are a lot of things you are not sure about, so don't let it bother you.

The wine-thing came into my head and I chose to add it for the sake of humour. It has nothing to do with the fact that nobody cannot exist. For, whatever you, I or Walt disney even, apply the term 'nobody' to, and in English, Mandarin or space-alien lingo (Hexhammer's invention), must be in such a way as to state that no thing = no body (Nothing = Nobody). And, if nothing is nobody and nobody is nothing, nobody cannot exist, because nothing cannot exist.

Ergo, If nobody existed, nothing would exist, instantly denying the existence of nobody. So the only way that nobody can exist is if nothing exists. Nothing cannot exist because it is a non-existant notion (NEN). As soon as it exists it becomes something, for something must always exist. And if something ALWAYS exists, nothing can never exist.

Kind regards!
Mark...

If nobody existed, nothing would exis

But that is certainly not true. For example, the Moon existed for 4 billion years before human beings existed. Of course it is true that nothing existed before nothing existed, but that is only an empty tautology, for if nothing exists, than nothing exists. Which is just to say that if it is false that something exists, then it is false that something exists.

I will admit, though, that it is hard to tell whether you are serious, or whether you are just very confused. Probably you don't know either.
mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:35 pm
@kennethamy,
Hi Ken!

I am never confused.

The moon is not nothing, so your statement is inaccurate. Typical of a deterministic approach, I agree, but still inaccurate.

Moon = nothing (false).

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:29 pm
@kennethamy,
Hi Ken!

But nothing doesn't exist - cannot exist and has never existed. Nothing 'No Thing' is, by its own definition, incapable of existing (being a thing). Nothing isn't. Hence if nobody is nothing, nobody cannot exist.

How can no thing be a thing when it is not a thing? it defines the absence of itself and therefore is not.

Hope this clears it up?
Kind regards!
Mark...

0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 12:27 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
So does every other living thing. You included.
No? Rationallity again.

Mark ..I really need not to give your attention monster any attention anymore, you can't help youself.

I will answer none of your silly posts anymore.
mark noble

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 07:38 am
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex

Thankyou!

mark...