I wish I was a beer drinker

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:34 pm
MY telly is saturated with beer ads, everyone is young, vibrant, sexy witty, urbane, tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed.
My only beer drinking friend is Thomas and he is just Thomas drinking a beer.
I myself am a bourbon drinker, sitting at a vinyl topped table, wooden chairs and the back door open for spitting purposes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 7,604 • Replies: 64

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:35 pm
I'm a beer drinker!
dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:37 pm
@littlek,
you have a bikini wax?
littlek

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:38 pm
@dyslexia,
nope.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:42 pm
@dyslexia,
I can't stand beer. It's too bitter for my taste.

I guess its fitting considering I am neither young, vibrant, sexy, witty, urbane, tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed nor uplifted.

Perhaps we should pour some Moroccan mint iced tea into our beer bottles so it looks like we are consuming more beer thusly might earned partial reputation of one or more of the following traits:
young, vibrant, sexy, witty, urbane, tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed or uplifted.
hingehead

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:44 pm
All this talk of bikini wax makes me wonder if there are bikini candles.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:51 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

nope.
ok then you can sit at the vinyl table with the wooden chairs with me and Thomas and get your own beer from the fridge outnon the patio (we only stock Fat Tire beer) noone is going to serve you.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:54 pm
@dyslexia,
If beer is for those who are young, vibrant, sexy, witty, urbane, tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed or uplifted.

Which target audience is root beer aimed at?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Perhaps we should pour some Moroccan mint iced tea into our beer bottles so it looks like we are consuming more beer thusly might earned partial reputation of one or more of the following traits:
perhaps you should take a good look at my avatar pic and rethink your suggestion Morroccan Mint,Iced tea (Had you suggested Assam Superb served hot with lemon I might have been more tolerating.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Older folks like me who remembers the good taste. Put a little ice cream in it, and bingo, you got a classic.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have Root Beer, It is reserved (along with lemonade) for Son-of-Eva.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:04 pm
@dyslexia,
Bourbon drinker, as you and others know. That's after I can't afford good scotch, which I know you shun. Same with good bourbon, re my affording it.
Beer, once in a while, a hot day somewhere on earth, maybe 2 0r 3 bottles a year, tops. I like some of the craft beers/ales, but years could go by.

I shun the clear-like stuff, gin, vodka, whatever.
Except for when I tried to make Limoncello...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:06 pm
@dyslexia,
I happen to like moroccan mint green.

Phooey to Dys.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:27 pm
I like beer but I don't love it. I like a French farmhouse ale in the summer and a good stout at a concert if the wine isn't worth drinking. I like bourbon . . . Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden. But, I love wine. I also like a nice digestive, like B & B or Chambord or Liquor 43.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:03 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
MY telly is saturated with beer ads, everyone is young, vibrant, sexy witty, urbane, tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed.

What are you complaining about? The rest of us have to do all these things to fake the appearance of being sexy. You, on the other hand, just have to be you. Admittedly though, you probably are unaware of it. When I first saw you back in London, you were way too preoccupied with the Lady Di to notice that a roomful of women was staring longingly at you. So to repeat, you don't have to drink beer. We other guys do though; it's our only way to drown our sheer jealousy around you.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:24 pm
I just spent the last 10 days in Texas. I drank 8 beers. The majority of those beers were drunk while sitting at a table on Padre Island yakking with my sister about the necessity of getting a Texas passport (boob job) v. getting an Oregon passport (tattoo).

Sis and I were ....... Nebraskans?...... Iowinians?.......

Something.

I might drink another beer (or 8) if I get back to Texas next year.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:27 pm
@boomerang,
Now there's a thread..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:20 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
MY telly is saturated with beer ads, everyone is young, vibrant, sexy witty, urbane,
tres chic, mello, atheltic, dynamic, perky, coiffed, bikini-waxed, manicured, pedicured, up-lifed.
My only beer drinking friend is Thomas and he is just Thomas drinking a beer.
In my childhood, I used to have to drink it; never liked it much.
I don 't drink it now.

dyslexia wrote:
I myself am a bourbon drinker, sitting at a vinyl topped table, wooden chairs
and the back door open for spitting purposes.
U spit out the bourbon ?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:36 pm
Loves Blue Moon and ShockTop!!! yum
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:10 pm
Back in the day I worked at the Wurtz House in Harvard Square which carried beer from all over the world. Every night when we cashed out we were allowed two freebie beers.

Every night I would drink a different beer until I had sampled them all. My favorite was Urlichs?. Later when I no longer indulged , I reached into a frig at a liquor store to get a soft drink there was one Urlich, the condensation had formed a little tear which was wending its way down the bottle. I grabbed the beer, bought it, took it home and it stayed in my frig for two years until I served it to a guest. Talk about OCD. Sigh.