frantic world

fansy

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 08:10 pm
Quote:
And there’s Greg, my rock in a frantic world. He’s always there to act as a steadying influence or as a reckless and impulsive character; fun yet practical, outrageous yet sober, dependable yet irresponsible and above all, always supportive. Would it all change?

The word "frantic" has many senses, but what is the sense of this word in "frantic world" in this context? mad? busy? exciting? or ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 544 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fansy

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 09:08 pm
@fansy,
And there’s Greg, my rock in a frantic world. He’s always there to act as a steadying influence or as a reckless and impulsive character; fun yet practical, outrageous yet sober, dependable yet irresponsible and above all, always supportive. Would it all change?

And also what is a steadying influence?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 09:47 pm
@fansy,
fansy wrote:

The word "frantic" has many senses, but what is the sense of this word in "frantic world" in this context? mad? busy? exciting? or ...

Yes. All of those.

He's your rock because he is stable and more or less unchanging. Exactly the opposite of 'frantic'.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:07 am
@fansy,
frantic conversationally can mean overly busy

other connotations could be inferred by any surrounding text
0 Replies