Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
any chance any of you folks want to join in on a2k fantasy football? if we get enough people, we can have more than one league. You could make a philforum league if there are enough folks, or mix in.
Our fantasy games virtually always eschew our differences, we just skip all that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,305 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Plus we have fun and psst ... some of us don't know much about the sport and it totally does not matter.
thack45

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes. A very good chance.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:56 pm
@thack45,
Ok, I missed giving the right link -
http://able2know.org/topic/159766-1

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:57 pm
@jespah,
and some do, like Ticomaniac...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Add, first we have to get to twelve or fourteen. Best for that if philforumers just pile on/help. If we have more folks we can develop more leagues.
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not sure how big the community is on fantasy football, but there's definitely folks looking to play some games. In fact, before the old site was shut down there was talk of adding a games section for all the members.

Any players of chess, or any other traditional board games? I think people were talking about maybe getting together on yahoo, or something.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:21 pm
@Zetherin,
We've got fourteen football teams today, or maybe yesterday, so are set for another a2k fantasy football season. Me, I'd like the games to continue - two sets of ten? Too late for this round now, but follow our nonsense to get a sense of it all.

Any of this you can promote, good, Zeth.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe we can work up a lallapallooza number of teams for baseball.

Hockey, I'm dumb about.

Soccer, I'd be interested.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:30 pm
@Zetherin,
People here do play scrabble, I think on fb. Me, I'm chickenshit.

Talk to r0bert.. I figure he has more brains.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

any chance any of you folks want to join in on a2k fantasy football? if we get enough people, we can have more than one league. You could make a philforum league if there are enough folks, or mix in.
Our fantasy games virtually always eschew our differences, we just skip all that.
Think I would go rampage and swear and cuse at all the PF.com dudes.

- does the ball exist? Prove it!!
- some tactics are suggested. You don't use the right anology! Besides we first have to find the true tactic that will prove the truth ..tuth is above anythign else!
- the religious will have no part of tactics meeting, they'll let their dieties guide them.
- if noone is watching or anyone was there, would the ball make a sound?
- what is football?
- what is better, football or soccer?

...AAARRR!!!!!! EAT LEAD!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 03:27 am
@Zetherin,
Quote:
Any players of chess, or any other traditional board games?
you can play chess on A2k...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:47 am
We play fantasy football and baseball pretty much every year since, what, '07? We tried hockey one year, it was confusing but it also wasn't yahoo. If we tried it with yahoo I'd be willing to give it a go. I think fbaezer has tried to get fantasy World Cup soccer going as well.

Plus there's the older chess game. Facebook has a ton of games; I've played Scrabble with some A2Kers at times. People also sometimes place freerice (is that still around?), not competitively.
0 Replies