What girl in her right mind would marry and have kids with a drug dealer?!

Pronounce

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you for your reply.

My main thing is that I resist all classification. I expect people to label me, because people do that, but labels offend me, because it means to me that the person isn't willing to take the time to know me personally. If I was to label myself I'd say I was an atheist-theist-agnostic who has a dominate personality, but acts submissive much of the time; Who is peace-loving most times, but who at times violently rebels against uniformity and conformity; A person who is open about who I am on most things, but hold in reserve those piece of me which are reserved for only a few.

I hope this seems convoluted enough.
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:10 pm
@Linkat,
Understood. I noticed you were joking. Moments of humor hit me, but often I don't grasp them in time to be funny. In comedy timing is everything.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:17 pm
so, you're not big on humor?
Green Witch

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:19 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

greenie, tsar is an Abuzz original. He was the first person to respond to one of my posts there back in mmmmm 1997?. He'll always have a place in my e-heart for that.

I didn't know that. I thought Tsar tripped on us during a long period of unemployment and decided to make a home.
Yes, I know Gus is considered still sort of here, but he's so irregular I think of him in terms of "the dearly departed".
Facebook has little sense of community for me. It's become strictly business.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:28 pm
I think Leona made such a big inpact here as she opened thread after thread with
the most outrageous relationship questions. For a brief moment, she dominated
the forum and had us (regulars) all in stitches.

Pronounce, in time you'll learn the particulars of regular members and you'll learn who is embellishing on just about every topic , who is mainly joking and
who is obsessed with certain things - like (dare I say it) guns. As we Krauts
would say: "We know our Pappenheimers!"
Pronounce

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:39 pm
@chai2,
Nope, I'm big on calories.
Pronounce

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
Had to look that up http://www.onzetaal.nl/advies/pappenheimers.php

Calamity, your description sounds quite typical of a community such as this. As always the tone of the community is the mix of the members. As people come and go the community "flavor" changes. My wife and I have found this true in RL, particularly with church groups. It is in our mind to keep the group healthy and cohesive, and so this weighs heavily in our decision as to whether we're a part of a group or not.
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:57 pm
@Green Witch,
BTW Wendell Berry is our pastor's favorite poet. He had an interesting story of sitting at a pub here in Portland, OR, and having some random guy come up to the table and quote from memory The Farm. I guess it was a very surreal experience, because that poem had been in his thoughts, and the person came and went so randomly and abruptly.

As far as Facebook goes, like Twitter, it serves a certain type of person well. Maybe there is a group of people who don't like community in the way others who post here do.... just a thought.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 04:22 am
@Pronounce,
Pronounce wrote:

Or for that matter why do woman marry prison lifers and have conjugal visits with them?
It's the group think and flock instinct women who are easily manipulated, they will instinctly seek men who can dominate them.

It lies in the lack of situational rationallity which clouds their minds.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 12:37 am
@Pronounce,
Quote:
Nope, I'm big on calories.
That's how everyone gets big.
0 Replies