Love is Not Blind....

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 02:22 pm
Quote:
Love is not blind - it sees more, not less; but because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
Rabbi Julius Gordon

What do you make of this quote?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,563 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nailcutter

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 02:54 pm
Awesome..awesome lines
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:22 pm
Love isn't blind, but lovers often are.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 06:12 am
I am not willing to deal with the faults of my lover - those things don't bother me now. . . . but just wait.

eoe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:06 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I am not willing to deal with the faults of my lover - those things don't bother me now. . . . but just wait.

good one Wink
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2010 03:32 pm
@Pronounce,
Pronounce wrote:

Quote:
Love is not blind - it sees more, not less; but because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
Rabbi Julius Gordon

What do you make of this quote?

Some one knows that oxymorons impress a certain class of people.
That is all it means.
Pronounce

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:26 am
@NoOne phil,
You've missed the point. It isn't an oxymoron, because it's not a contradictory statement. It may seem that way to those who, through either inexperience or bad experiences, have not found love to function this way. Maybe in time you'll come to understand, but their are no guarantees in life and so it is possible that you may never.

Anyway... Life is too short to be a pessimist.
0 Replies

John Trenor

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:17 pm
@Pronounce,
When we say love is blind, one can interpret love as being blind; however love is blinding no less than the rays of the sun. One can argue that while you stair strait at the sun you can still see.
Pronounce

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:07 pm
@John Trenor,
Quote:
love is blinding no less than the rays of the sun

True. Sufficiently strong emotions do tend to suppress one's intellect. But mature love is more than a strong emotion. Often times people who say they are "in love" are in fact captivated by some emotion and the feelings they associate with another person. But I believe no one can function in that state for forever. Eventually everyone comes down off of that "high", and what one does at that point often shows what their "love" is made of.

Without being wrong one's interpretation of the quote reveals their understanding of love.

If you, the reader, are unfamiliar with love, love is a concept that has no limit to it's comprehension. The more you put into it from every angle of participation the more you understand the concept. Love, like Tao, can not be communicated effectively by words and must be experienced to be known.
0 Replies