28
   

What do you think of astrology?

 
 
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:20 pm
the only reason I ask this, is because one of my friends is convinced that astrology is valid, and he is really into this ****, and whenever I respond to what he has to say, he always has some kind of answer to my question, to which I might have some kind of response, but he is so wrapped up in all the theory, that it never seems to have any effect on him.

does anyone else on here think that astrology is a valid subject?
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:26 pm
@existential potential,
sillyness
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  0  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:29 pm
@existential potential,
Statisticly speaking I belive in astrology, seen how many describtions fits the bill, just that there are so many incompetent astrologers.
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:30 pm
@HexHammer,
more sillyness
0 Replies
 
Zetherin
 
  5  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:36 pm
@HexHammer,
If by descriptions you mean horoscopes, then of course they "fit the bill". They're always so general, vague, and undetailed, that practically anyone in the world can relate to them in some way.

Anyway, yes, it is silliness.
existential potential
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:44 pm
@Zetherin,
that is what it seems to me also, but he seems to self-assured, I think he reads too many crap books...he's into the whole "2012" thing as well, its so frustrating, and its not as if he's stupid, he's a perceptive guy, he's just become entangled in this ****.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:47 pm
(authoritative voice) This too shall pass.
0 Replies
 
Zetherin
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:53 pm
Here's part of my actual horoscope for today: "There are opportunities around that you should grab hold of."

Well of ******* course there are opportunities today, just as there will be every day, for almost every body. But if dear horoscope was referring to specific opportunities I should take note of today, I sure wish it would have told me which ones! Of course, they never do.

The sad part is, there are some dumb people out there that eat this stuff up. It's really disheartening. You know, that they exist.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:24 pm
@existential potential,
Astrology is valid to the extent we need the sun and our universe to survive.
existential potential
 
  2  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Pretentious comment of the evening (01:37, United Kingdom), goes to...
0 Replies
 
Sglass
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was born under the sign of Room for Rent.
0 Replies
 
Zetherin
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Care to expound on that? Or, is not much of an argument for astrology at all, like I think?
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  0  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 07:20 pm
@existential potential,
existential potential wrote:

that is what it seems to me also, but he seems to self-assured, I think he reads too many crap books...he's into the whole "2012" thing as well, its so frustrating, and its not as if he's stupid, he's a perceptive guy, he's just become entangled in this ****.
Spare me please.
Zetherin
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 07:27 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

existential potential wrote:

that is what it seems to me also, but he seems to self-assured, I think he reads too many crap books...he's into the whole "2012" thing as well, its so frustrating, and its not as if he's stupid, he's a perceptive guy, he's just become entangled in this ****.
Spare me please.

I suggest you spare yourself from that nonsense, if in fact you do believe in that nonsense.
laughoutlood
 
  6  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 07:47 pm
@existential potential,
Quote:
What do you think of astrology?


you are a typical aries
0 Replies
 
Thomas
 
  2  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Astrology is valid to the extent we need the sun and our universe to survive.

Are you sure you're talking about astrology, as opposed to astronomy?
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:41 pm
@Thomas,
http://www.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=gemini+spacecraft&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=KfhQTPvsD8GAlAeW6pG8CQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQsAQwAA&biw=986&bih=560
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 02:37 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
I suggest you spare yourself from that nonsense, if in fact you do believe in that nonsense.
Please don't put words in my mouth, I really hate that.
plainoldme
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:45 am
All I am going to say is that here in MA, the astrologers I have met hold the following degrees:

Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Michigan

Masters of Divinity in pastoral counseling from Boston University

MSW from Smith College

Masters of Education in counseling (university unknown)

Masters of Science in psychology (university unknown)

Each of these women gave up psychology for astrology because they felt that as astrologers, they could offer clients more concrete, active help rather than simply passive listening.
oolongteasup
 
  2  
Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:49 am
@plainoldme,
Quote:
the astrologers I have met hold the following degrees


I want a good, clean fight and not too much clinching.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

What sign are you? I bet you're wrong! - Discussion by tsarstepan
i need an astrologer to answer - Question by goharhere
Do you read the horoscope? - Question by adele123
Messed up with my beliefs - Question by Janice12
Capricorn Man: Deliberation meets love - Question by astrologypandit01
Imbeciles - Question by Brandon9000
 
  1. Forums
  2. » What do you think of astrology?
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/29/2017 at 05:21:05