Pneumothorax surgery

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 12:44 pm
My boyfriend just had surgery for a spontaneous lung collapse. This is his second one and they suggested surgery to prevent it from happening again. The first one he had was not as painful in his shoulder than the most recent one which they said was not as bad as the first one,. He had the surgery and is in a lot of of pain especially in his back and pain medication is not working. Is this normal for this surgery to have this much pain in your back to make you not want to move.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,485 • Replies: 1
No top replies

lovebug5543

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 10:12 am
@Tawnie86,
well i am only 27 .. feb/1/2012 about 7 months ago i got a real bad cough and some back and chest pain but not thinking it was bad , so i went to the doctor and found out i had a Spontaneous Pneumothorax ( collapse lung ) so i got a Chest tube and put in the hospital for 3 day . Then came home everything is fine til feb/20/2012 my lung collapse again but this time it was real bad i had to have surgery ( Thoracotomy ) and a chest tube i was in the hospital for % day that time and now 7 moths later the pain sometime is so unreal . I have good day and bad day my pain level stay between a 5 and 7 on a daily .. sorry for anyone that has to deal with anything thing like this but always remember that God can help get you through anything .. he can make it !! just be there
0 Replies