You Know that You Are Getting Older When..................

saab

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 05:45 am
@Phoenix32890,
I usually don´t have a picture of a person behind a name at a2k, but I have always imagened you look like Kathrin Hepburn and was amazed when you said you are short.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:43 am
@saab,
Quote:
I usually don´t have a picture of a person behind a name at a2k, but I have always imagened you look like Kathrin Hepburn and was amazed when you said you are short.

Well, I always wanted to look like Cyd Charisse. I look nothing like Kathryn Hepburn, and dys can attest to that! Laughing
dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:18 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix looks exactly like Kathrin Hepburn. (slightly shorter)
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:47 am
@Phoenix32890,
I'd have been happy with Cyd's legs.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:49 am
@plainoldme,
The body that was attached to those legs was not bad, either!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:55 am
@saab,
I do have some pictures. They may or may not be accurate. I will keep them to myself, because, even should I have "hit the nail on the head," the described will deny it.

I am considering using one of the more over the top descriptions in a short story! No one will never know who inspired it!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 08:22 am
I did not even know who Cyd Charisse was. Looked her up on Google.
Beautiful woman, but I still think Kathrin Hepburn´s face has more of a character.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 08:43 am
@saab,
I was thinking that one had to be "of a certain age" to remember Cyd Charisse!

I was in Stockbridge, MA, yesterday, and, because I am of a certain age, I thought of Arlo Guthrie and James Taylor who put the town on the map, musically.

I decided to have a lemonade on the porch of the Red Lion Inn. I was one of the younger people sitting there! I also was the only person not drinking alcohol.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 08:51 am
@plainoldme,
Gee whiz- Stockbridge, The Red Lion Inn. I haven't been to that area in years, and I really loved it. I remember going to the Stockbridge Theatre, and seeing Ruth Gordon. She was rather elderly, but although she did not speak the entire time, she was on stage for the whole play. I was amazed that she could do it.

Come to think of it, I don't look like either of them, but I look closer to Ruth Gordon than Katherine Hepburn. Anyhow, Ruth Gordon was my heroine, and I vowed that when I was older, I would be just like her!!!
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 08:59 am
@Phoenix32890,
Our family saw Marcel Marceau when he was 80 and he was on stage the entire time. We thought he had to have been exhausted (interestingly, I looked him up to see what year he died and learned that because of his skill as a speaker of English, he was a liaison officer with Patton's army.)

I really love the Berkshires.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 11:59 am
@plainoldme,
I was through Stockbridge yesterday too! Turned left at the Red Lion Inn to go to New York City
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:04 pm
@mags314772,
What time? Are you from MA or NYC or neither?
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:05 pm
@plainoldme,
I see it is neither. Small world. I got to Stockbridge around 4:30 in the afternoon. Walked around a bit then had lemonade before heading home, a drive of about an hour.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:30 am
@plainoldme,
Sorry I didn't answer you yesterday. Were on the train and off the internet. we are heading home from Chicago to St. Louis today.....
plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:35 am
@mags314772,
A nearly cross country train. That sounds like fun. My daughter and I traveled by train in France, largely because I couldn't afford to rent a car, but it meant that we didn't have to yell at each other for missing a turn. she was an au pair and a student at the time who was always tired, so riding on the train meant she could take cat naps.
firefly

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 12:01 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
She was rather elderly, but although she did not speak the entire time, she was on stage for the whole play. I was amazed that she could do it.

That's how I feel about Angela Lansbury, who is almost 85 and just completed her run in , "A Little Night Music" on Broadway. That takes impressive stamina.

My goal, even when much younger, was always to become an eccentric little old lady. I am still working on the eccentric part.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm
@firefly,
My 25 year old son is already looking forward to being an eccentric old man. he comes up with ideas for how he will behave at least once a week.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 09:59 am
@plainoldme,
train travel is nice...relaxing. We arrived home last night...bless home
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 12:49 am
Last week I wanted to bake a couple of potatoes in the microwave. I was stabbing them to release the steam, and was not paying much attention to what I was doing. I missed, ended up stabbing my finger, and sported a Band-Aid on my finger for days!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 12:53 am
I have one of those 18 month little calendar date books that I take around with me. The one that I bought this July has a place for addresses. I decided to write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of Mr. P's and my doctors.

The list took up FOUR PAGES!!! Shocked
0 Replies