collision damage has always cost

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 05:39 am
Please look at this English text ...

For similar cars and comparable drivers, automobile insurance for collision damage has always cost more in Greatport than in Fairmont. Police studies, however, show that cars owned by Greatport residents are, on average, slightly less likely to be involved in a collision than cars in Fairmont. Clearly, therefore, insurance companies are making a greater profi t on collision-damage insurance in Greatport than in Fairmont.

>>>For similar cars and comparable drivers

does insurance company cover driver's collision damage ? I know car insurance is for damage coverage of car parts.

I understand that they are saying , cost of same car and driver collision damage insurance coverage in Greatport >cost of same car and driver collision damage insurance coverage in Fairmont

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,701 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
@tintin-and-calculus,
Depending on the jurisdiction, automobile insurance can cover a number of things, including collision (damage to vehicle), loss of use (rental costs while the vehicle is being repaired or replaced), third party liability (protection if you are sued for being at fault for an accident) and something called PIP in the U.S.

PIP (Personal Injury Protection) is coverage for some medical expenses if you are injured in an automobile accident. In another jurisdictions, the equivalent of PIP is known as the SABS (Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule), in others it is called Section B coverage. The Section B terminology tells you what part of the automobile policy the coverage is derived from.
0 Replies

tintin-and-calculus

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 01:52 pm
>>>PIP (Personal Injury Protection) is coverage for some medical expenses if you are injured in an automobile accident.

So it does exists . Glad to know this information.
Thanks for your time.
roger

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:07 pm
@tintin-and-calculus,
In my state, personal injury, collision, uninsured motorists, and comprehensive are all available at extra cost. If your car is not financed, they are all voluntary. Nothing is free.
0 Replies