why did this happen this week?

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:07 pm
ok so i was out shopping with my mum, when our old neighbour came over and started a conversation, long story short, her daughter who is my age used to be my best friend when we were like 3 to 7, then i had to move, i gave her my guitar my mum baught me when i was 5, (i always liked music and continue to play guitar) its only a little guitar, we went over to her house to visit when our mums said why don't you and (lets call her jane to hide identities) jane go upstairs an play the computer, so we did, we liked the same bands and stuff and the same shows and she had much the same game collection as me so we had fun, then i saw my old guitar in the corner rested against the wall, i started playing it (i was playing ground control to major tom) and she lost it, started shouting and stuff, took the guitar and i had to spend the rest of the night with the adults, why was i shouted at?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,006 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:15 pm
@mickydee,
Maybe she had gotten in trouble for playing it?

Maybe she thought you were trying to take it back.

You should probably ask her, when she's not so emotional about it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:30 pm
@mickydee,
Did you ask her if you could play it before just grabbing it?

Perhaps that is what angered her.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:00 pm
@mickydee,
she's immature.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:36 am
Maybe jealousy or feelings that she has done nothing with it, yet you pick it up and play something awesome.

She MAY have felt you were showing off or showing her what she should be doing with it.

Anyway . . . why don't you ask her?

Start out by asking if you can talk about what happened. This is asking permission to talk about a touchy issue, and if she lets you ask about it, that means she is willing to talk about it now.

Be gentle. Say,, "I noticed that you had strong feelings when I picked up the guitar. I am glad you have the guitar and I was glad to see that you still had it. But you got upset. Can you tell me why?"

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:16 pm
Maybe she wanted you to pick her up and strum her and was aggrieved when you didn't. By the way, the tune is called "Space Oddity".
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 05:40 pm
You're asking the wrong people. The only person that can have any hope of answering that question is your friend, or possibly someone in her family...but to be safe, your friend.

But if it hurt and you're looking for a generic reason - probably something to do with her past.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 11:40 am
I love it when people come here and ask total strangers to use our telepathic abilities to find out why someone we don't know did something to someone else that we don't know.

Bottom line, we can offer advice on dealing with situations, but cannot tell you why she yelled at you. As Vikorr wrote, why not try asking her. Anything else we say can only be conjecture.
0 Replies