To my anonymous fan.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
Who the hell thumbed you down, CJ? - oh, well, it's been fixed. I'm thinking of Shewolf, Bella, Chai, and maybe more, maybe you. They all got neg thumbs for a while. (Snort). I forget when, but I have this visual memory, a splay of bad thumbies.

Some of my downs I take as from Robert, but he is straight talking to me and I absorb that - he explains either online or, rarely, off, usually on. I get him, or try to.

Some of my downs I take from some kind of priss. On the other hand, those may be random.

Not to worry on those sorts.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:40 pm
depends on my mood, some days I thumb down every post, some days I thumb up every post, some days it's even vs odd and some days it's alphabetical but I never touch a post from Mame. she could hurt me.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:06 pm
Thumbing down can be like a bookmark.

I've been accused of thumbing down a certain poster's remarks when I hadn't visited the thread in question for a week. It wasn't my fault as his posts were at negative four.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:08 pm
If just one person thumbs you down, then he/she, the one that targets you, is the only one that it really affects. It's those multiple thumbs down that begins to make a difference.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:19 pm
I was just noticing that some rather pointed tagging has created a Vapid Forum headlined by Setanta. I don't think you're the only one with a secret admirer... It's not me btw.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:34 pm
@ebrown p,
In my recent disagreements with Snood, I noticed that he seems to have a similar stalker. Although I didn't speak up at the time because I generally try to ignore the politics of anonymous voting, I didn't appreciate it. It certainly didn't help the conversation when the atmosphere between Snood and me was already tense.
Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:34 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
Here is an experimental post to see how quickly it is discovered.

Ha! That one didn't work.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:39 am
@Thomas,
PS: Plainoldme, too.

I wonder if we can make out a pattern. Are some posters more likely to be stalked by down-voters than others?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:40 am
I think the more outspoken and less likely to back down are the thumbed down ones, aside from the trolls.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:42 am
Of course that is not a scientific opinion, but just mine.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:42 am
@CalamityJane,
Okay, I have two, CJ:

1/4 c. lemon juice
2 T fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried)
2 T olive oil
2 T Dijon
Pinch s & p

Marinate min. 45 min up to 2 hours max, turning occasionally. Drain and grill, basting with marinade.

or

1 T. lemon juice
2 T Dijon
1 T olive oil
1 T honey
dill
s & p

You cal also bake these at 325 deg

This last one is the one the guys loved.

Bon appetit!
Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:52 am
Good thing I checked this thread. Otherwise I would have missed this great marinate recipe.

Very Happy
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:10 am
You know if must be because I happen to had been raised as an only child and a only grandson in a household that contained my parents and one set of grandparents, but I never gave any weight or care greatly about the opinions of others concerning myself. At least unless those opinions was good in any case.

My ex-wife once got mad at me and stated "You think highly of yourself do you not?"

My reply back to her was "Yes and rightly so".

Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:23 am
@BillRM,
Maybe that is why she is the ex-wife
Mame

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:27 am
@Intrepid,
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:04 am
@ebrown p,
You and I disagree on almost everything, but I have never given you a thumbs down.
You always make me think, and even when I disagree you present a point of view that interests me.

So if it makes you feel better, I will find all of your old posts and give all of them a thumbs up.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:06 am
@dyslexia,
Thats ok, I give all of yours a thumbs down, so its even...LOL

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:08 am
@Mame,
Thank you, thank you, Mame. I'll try that this weekend, sounds delicious.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:30 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Is anyone else getting anonymously thumbed-down this way?

A bit.

I think several people are...though it's hard to judge the extent.

I prefer not to give it/them any attention, though
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:01 am
@mysteryman,
I feel the same way Mysteryman but I would never admit it public. Now let's stop before this gets embarrassing for both of us.