How Would You Dress if you were the opposite gender?

George

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:55 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Loretta Young

I tried that spin around the door and hurt myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:24 pm
the only thing I'm sure about is that I'd wear a hat

I think I'd probably dress somewhat like hamburgboy and his late brother - with a bit of flair. My late uncle wore ascots sometimes, bolo ties, he was an early adopter of a number of styles over the years - he was a zoot suit kinda guy. hamburgboy has never shied away from colour in his wardrobe. He wore pale pastel dress shirts waaaaaaay back in the 1970's, when white dress shirts were still de riguer in business offices.

flair, and a hat

a nice porkpie-style straw hat in summer would be part of ehBob's look
tsarstepan

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
http://i31.tinypic.com/11two3m.jpg
ehBeth

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
nice!

yup

ehBob would be a bit of a Johnny Depp wanna be Laughing
0 Replies

fbaezer

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:11 pm
In my youth, I would have dressed like this:

http://cms.dallasvintageshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/hippie_girl.jpg

As a young adult:

http://hooliesceneblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/1980s-fashion.jpg

And now, perhaps, something like this:

http://www.jasanacol.com/archivos/7.jpg

You see, a woman has to dress her age, and according to current fashion.
mickydee

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:23 pm
@plainoldme,
i'd probably dress in tight small clothes, with nice heels, lol i don't know why i think i'm just the kind of person who would like to show off my breasts lol, if i could right now i'd walk around in a mankini
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Snazzy dress. My younger self would have worn that.
plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:34 pm
@djjd62,
What appears here is an elongated box, a very narrow rectangle with a purple question mark in the middle.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:37 pm
@aidan,
He looked more like Gerard Butler in the photo but that's not the person I was thinking of. My computer is being annoying slow today.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:40 pm
@failures art,
That's exactly what I think the female version of Failures Art would look like!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:45 pm
@aidan,
As a woman, I don't put product in my hair and I stopped wearing cologne after the news came about some of the chemicals within.

If I were a man, given the family genetics, I would be balding, if not bald. I would NOT do a comb over but would shave my head.
aidan

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:59 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
I would NOT do a comb over but would shave my head.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Me too - or just let nature take it's course. A balding man who has good bone structure can be very attractive. Like this guy (Ed Harris)- I also like his clothes. If I were a man who was balding, I'd want to look like this and I would wear these sort of clothes (beautiful color combination):
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10849/ed-harris_l.jpg
plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:02 pm
@aidan,
He is attractive and his clothes look like something I would select for one of my sons or clothes that I would wear were I a man. The look is casual, elegant and masculine. It is also suited to my age and Harris looks to be my age.
0 Replies

eoe

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:04 pm
@aidan,
great shot of Ed Harris. They call him the 'thinking woman's' man, whatever that means.
aidan

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:06 pm
@eoe,
Yeah - I've been 'thinking' he's hot since the first time I saw him in anything - and he was balding even back then.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:12 pm
When I filled out a form for an on-line dating service, I filled in bald, white, grey for hair. As an over-60 woman, why would I want anything else? A toupee? UGH! That might be worse than a comb over!
aidan

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:17 pm
@plainoldme,
Yeah - and you know unusually thick hair on an older man sometimes can look so odd as to look like a toupee even though it's not.
I was watching this male voice choir sing and there was one guy who stood out because of his thick, thick hair - all the men were over sixty - and I kept thinking as I watched from my seat - 'Why is he wearing that stupid toupee? It looks ridiculous...'
And then afterwards, the choir members were mingling with the audience having tea and cookies and I realized it was his real hair - up close you could see his part - it wasn't a toupee. He had just retained such a thick head of hair into his sixties when most every other male had either thinning hair or was bald, that it looked almost fake or odd.
It wasn't grey either, and you could tell he didn't dye it. Talk about good hair genes.
plainoldme

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:25 pm
@aidan,
Some people are just lucky. I met a man last year with hair like that. He invested in good haircuts, which is a point in his favor. While I disagree with hair dying (I leave mine untinted . . . mostly because of the time it takes to chase roots that the wrong color!) for men, so many men seem to think a good hair cut is a waste of time. My son found a great hair dresser, who for $20, gives a fab hair cut. So many men my age accept terrible hair cuts. I've heard them say the difference between a good cut and a bad is three days. No, no, no! A good haircut will grow out and maintain a neat appearance while a bad haircut will just become shabby in two weeks.
edgarblythe

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:25 pm
@plainoldme,
Oh, this old thing? Just something I got from the back of my closet. I have this outfit at the ready for in the morning.
http://blog.teenvogue.com/style__fashion/images/2008/10/22/vanessahudgenswrentodayshow.jpg
aidan

Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nice colors and pattern on the dress. Cute jacket - but be careful in those shoes Edgar.
0 Replies