After all of the hullabaloo, who here still thinks soccer/futbol is an absolute bore?

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

American football isn't so boring if you don't watch any of it at all.

Still waiting for you to provide evidence of Biden begging the Iranians to increase oil production.

You just keep bearing false witness.

No football player is writhing around in pretend agony, if you look at the replays you can seen the damage done.

The thread about Biden got cut off. However, there were experts discussing how Biden was begging the Iranians for oil on various political sources ranging from very liberal to conservative.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 05:04 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Still no link, smears and innuendo.

Link to source please. You can always pm it to me.

Or you can admit to lying.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 05:33 pm
@izzythepush,
As I said at the time, it was on CNBC, Blumberg, CNN, MSNBC, Meet the Press, Fox, Kkla, and other sources.
Now, back to our topic:
Soccer once was excessively boring. However, thanks to the influence of the United States, it is not quite so boring. Plus, we can watch only highlights of a soccer match to get rid of the dull periods of time. This is good.
hingehead

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 10:16 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Soccer once was excessively boring. However, thanks to the influence of the United States, it is not quite so boring.

Well that's a load of bollocks. How has the USA changed the interest levels in soccer? Seems like a ridiculously unfounded piece of nationalist jingoism.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 03:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
If it was there you should have no problems finding it.

Why can't you find it?

I appreciate you don't have the attention span for football.

And Hinge is right you do talk a load of old bollocks.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:07 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

United States, it is not quite so boring. [...]This is good.

Sorry. I just keep getting a 404 Error message when I keep reading your post.
Quote:
404 Error. Fact not found.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:21 am
I think arena soccer is much more thrilling than regular soccer with a lot of quick action and scoring.

American football is more comparable to rugby than soccer. Rugby is more thrilling than American football, at least rugby sevens. Rugby with the normal complement of players is usually composed of piles of players going nowhere. But rugby sevens has an almost continuous action.

And you can compare American baseball with cricket. The rules of both sports must be confounding to those who are not native to the countries with these respective sports. Cricket has much more action than baseball, which is the epitome of inaction. Ironically, the best of baseball is thought by many to be the pitcher's duel, where there is almost no action at all, the height of boredom only exceeded by the no-hitter or perfect game.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:33 am
@coluber2001,
Why is football the most popular sport in the World while the Superbowl is shown on network TV free of charge in the UK but nobody watches it?

Over here people who watch American football are maginally less cool than trainspotters.

Rugby is bloody terrible, made my father a cripple before I was born.

Football is like ballet, a movement that flows backwards and forwards with none of the stop start stop start you get with other sports.

Back in the 80s Channel 4 tried to push American Football. It only lasted one season nobody was interested.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:36 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Cricket has much more action than baseball, which is the epitome of inaction.

I get the impression you've never been to a cricket match, definitely never seen a Boycott Tavare partnership.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
No, I've ever seen a cricket match, but compared to baseball it seems hyperactive. At least in cricket, every ball that is thrown or bowled is swung at. That's just the opposite of baseball.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 11:16 am
@coluber2001,
Swung at is a bit optimistic, some safe defensive play is more of a nudge than a swing.

At least yours have to run after three balls, ours can stay there all bloody day.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 11:17 am
https://imgur.com/9u5TFSD.jpg
Source
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 02:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
This dead horse still needs extra beating.
Death and dishonesty: Stories of two workers who built the World Cup stadiums in Qatar
Quote:
"They alleged really worrying things: Nationality-based discrimination, wage theft was very common — and there were a lot of cases of overwork," she says. "Essentially, the conditions we found workers in were varying forms of forced labor or other forms of modern slavery. That's what we found."

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 02:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're right, this shouldn't be allowed to go away.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 07:52 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Quote:
Soccer once was excessively boring. However, thanks to the influence of the United States, it is not quite so boring.

Well that's a load of bollocks. How has the USA changed the interest levels in soccer? Seems like a ridiculously unfounded piece of nationalist jingoism.

As much as you may want to deny it, the game of soccer has changed because of the influence of the United States. For example, Disney has had a major influence on the World Cup and how the game is played.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2022 02:16 am
@NealNealNeal,
Still waiting, and you're still talking rubbish.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2022 05:29 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Disney has had a major influence on the World Cup and how the game is played.

Heh.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 06:38 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
For example, Disney has had a major influence on the World Cup and how the game is played.

Give us an example how Disney has affected the world's appreciation of football - just one. Or...
https://media.tenor.com/lnCJek-2xagAAAAC/let-it-go-frozen.gif

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 02:54 pm
And we're in the quarter finals.
lmur

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Looked good too. Bullied Senegal into submission.