everyone knows by now I hate cahlifornians and puppies, but

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 08:09 am
we have been feeding Sally-dog Iams (diet) for the entire 6 years we've had her. Her vet (not vietnamese) says she seems very health and is keeping her weight reasonable. So last week Lady Diane came home from a fru-fru pet store with a bag of "organic" dog kibble (costs twice as much as the Iams). So, what's the deal? Sally doesn't seem to give a **** anymore than she did with the Iams I'm not pushing Iams, just curious about "Organic" dog kibble, especially the cost, Should I get her a cut crystal feed bowl as well? (currently her bowl is stainless steel which just everyone who is anyone has as kitchen appliances).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,467 • Replies: 18
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 08:35 am
Now Dante cat is a different breed indeed, when we got him (from the shelter) he would eath nothing but Eukanuba, kibble. we spent months trying different foods none of which he would eat. If I opened a can of tuna or chicken or anything but eukanuba he would only eat the eukanaba. when Lady Diane brought home the fru-fru "ori jen (never frozen regional ingredients" (nurish as nature intended" Dante digs through his eukanuba eating while avoiding the "ori jen". I'm inclined to just keeping getting the Iams for Sally and eukanaba for Sally, but I'm an evil gun owner and trying to change my image. I haven't shot anyone since Lady Diane brought home the fru-fru pet kibble, maybe there's something to this.
I just want to be friends with everyone.
The (cranky, sarcastic bastard from New Mexico) Dyslexia
roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:10 am
@dyslexia,
You cannot trust a cat's judgement when it comes to food. My guys like IAMS. They reject good stuff like McDonalds take - away, but get excited over Blake's Lot - A - Burger.

IAMS cat food comes in at a scoosh over $2.00/lb, and Eukunuba from the same manufactor is much more. I don't know if my guys like it or not.

I'm not much impressed with the organic stuff I've seen and tried for human consumption, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:15 am
aren't stainless steel bowls supposed to give dogs alzheimers?

chai(or was it gout?)tea
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:15 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
we spent months trying different foods none of which he would eat.

how many months did he go without eating?
dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:19 am
@dyslexia,
Miranda is getting the Science Diet, which costs a bomb, but seems to have helped her health a lot.

But who knows?

What am I, a rocket scientist?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:30 am
@ehBeth,
he lost about 25% weight, the vet was worried, he was also a shelter pet which may have effected his health.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:51 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

he lost about 25% weight, the vet was worried, he was also a shelter pet which may have effected his health.
after changing to Ikanuma (sp) Dante gained 5 lbs which the vet felt was too much so he has been on free-feed diet Ikanuma ever since and the vet says he is doing fine.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:52 am
@dyslexia,
where do you get it free?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:52 am
@chai2,
They get alzheimers? How can you tell?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:01 am
If something has worked a long time, I see no need to change it. What were we talking about?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 01:22 pm
aluminum = Alzheimers, not stainless steal.

free-feed means he can eat as he wishes (no set feeding times)

(cryptic?)
dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 02:16 pm
@littlek,
no littlek, stainless steal, I really want to be middle-class and I understand one must have stainless steel appliances as well as granite counter-tops. my appliances are white. Oh, you meant Sally dogs' bowl, yeah that's aluminum. I just want to be popular..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 02:38 pm
@littlek,
I will replace my spaghetti sauce pot, then. It's getting pitted on the inside, right through that grey nonstick surface. Thanks for mentioning that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:45 pm
Egads. My dear friends - STAINLESS STEAL of a good quality is what you must buy.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:47 pm
@littlek,
Is that a refrigerator in your pocket or just glad to see me?
littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:53 pm
@dyslexia,
Dys.... I mean stainless cookware and utensils only. I hate too much stainless in a kitchen. It's too glaring.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:56 pm
@dyslexia,
Here is an ideal dog bowl for Sally. It's Waterford crystal.
http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/120/970/779/B45l6h0lHu09jek.jpg
But then again, I'm for spoiling all pooches!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:27 pm
@dyslexia,
Now I understand why you are the cranky, sarcastic bastard you are.
You havent learned the first rule of having pets, especially cats.

Dogs have masters, and will do almost anything their owners want them to do.

Cats have staff, and will only do what they want to do, and you will do anything they want you to do.

Once you learn that, you will be a much happier person.
0 Replies