Bullying Neighbour

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 12:47 am
I've never come across any information on how to handle a bully that is not at school or in the workplace. Any ideas would be most helpful. I must add that this person was a bully at school and 30 years later is still a bully.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,495 • Replies: 9
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:31 am
Try Mental Illness.
And stay away from him.

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:41 am
@stewartk999,
How so? Encroaching on your property? Have a survey drawn up, and tell him you'll enforce the boundary lines, by lawsuit if necessary. Creating a nuisance (e. g. loud parties at night)? Learn your rights and call the cops if they're being violated. Threatening? Cops again.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:01 am
@stewartk999,
Start doing google searches on 'george heyduke', also on amazon.com and likelyy on paladin press...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:33 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
Try Mental Illness.

I tried it ... wasn't for me.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:34 am
@Ticomaya,
You finally decided not to be a Republican, eh?

Wink
chad3006

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:05 am
@stewartk999,
I had a neighbor who verbally threatened me with a gun repeatedly. “I’ve got a gun and know how to use it.” “I’ll go get my gun.” “I’ll shoot anybody who does such and such.” Stuff like that. I guess he wasn’t so much a bully as he was just plain insane. I’d be in my home/business and there would be a knock on the door and he’d say something like that. I never did figure out what exactly was bothering him other than he apparently just didn’t like people. He was a door greeter at WalMart too. I’d run into him there from time to time and I’d make it a point to say hi. He never seemed to know who I was outside of the neighbor setting.

Anyway, I’d just pretend like I was too thick to understand that it was a threat and that everything was just fine. He’d get confused because I didn’t respond how he expected and eventually he just started avoiding me. When I went outside in my yard, he’d go inside. Then four years later I moved away.

Oh yeah, you can also make friends with members of violent biker gangs and invite them over periodically.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:06 am
@stewartk999,
stewartk999 wrote:

I've never come across any information on how to handle a bully that is not at school or in the workplace. Any ideas would be most helpful. I must add that this person was a bully at school and 30 years later is still a bully.
What exactly he does?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:56 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
You finally decided not to be a Republican, eh?

No, I voted for a Democrat.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:33 pm
Ultimate Bully story...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson6.html
0 Replies