when to move on!!

robin21

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:48 am
If you start seeing this guy that you had dated in the past for over a year, but you both had moved on over the 3 year period and dated other people for a long period of time and those relationships had ended also, and the two of you run into each other and he starts texting you and you see him every single weekend for 4 months, he tells you how much he cares about you and how he has missed you, but its not goin anywhere besides friends....and you ask him if its ever gonna be more than what it is as of now and he says......i cant give you a commitment until im 100% over the other girl...but if it remains the way it is and we keep hanging out and doing things together i know that we will eventually end up together forever....what would you do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:01 am
@robin21,
Don't hold your breath!! He's told you already that he's not over the other girl,
you're a fill in, so to speak. You don't know that you end up together forever -
that might be wishful thinking on your part, but none of us know the future.

You make yourself available to him and he needs someone to lick his wounds
from the recent break-up. That's not a good starting point for a healthy relationship.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:12 am
Agree with Jane. You are in what is known as a "transitional relationship". When someone is getting over a breakup, often he/she will find a partner who is a fill-in until the person has come to terms with the breakup.

It is not very common for a transitional relationship to become permanent. It is simply a stopgap.
0 Replies

robin21

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:14 am
I know what you are saying....but all and all i can atleast say i was not a friend with benefits for the past 4 months and i have told him on several occasions to leave me alone throughout this 4 month process if he cant get over her and he will not quit telling me how he knows it will work if i will just hang in there and give him time.....i know that even after lastnight when i told him it was all or nothing and he called me crying and begging and telling me how he knows it will work..and i said dont bother me anymore ....i know that he still will call again...im going to pick up some movies today that i had left at his house but i ask him to take them to his friends house and leave them....i woudnt even bother picking them up but they do not belong to me and i have to return them....Right now i am just so frustrated that i have wasted my whole summer trusting what he was saying and it all comes down to this....
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:18 am
@robin21,
robin- I know that you are upset, but I find it very difficult to absorb your run on sentences. I think that you would get more feedback from people if you wrote in a manner that was more understandable.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:22 am
@robin21,
my rule of thumb, if you have to ask if it's time to move on, it's time to move on
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 06:12 pm
You can't hurry love , as a the song says . . .

This guy is mixed up and you are pressuring him to go into another relationship . . . lots of push and pull here.

Why not be friends and not put any expectations on the relationship?

He is still hurting, but seems interested in you. Let him fall out of love with her so he can maybe fall in love again.
0 Replies