What does it mean?

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 04:59 pm
Hello, I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years. I am very much in love with him but it was a destructive relationship. I have a question, I'd like to know your interpretation of this latest text message he sent to me. We hadn't spoken since the huge fight that happened 7 days ago, last night he sends me a text message at 2:00 in the morning, a photo of his two brothers sleeping on a park bench. No writing, just a photo. What do you think he's up too?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 631 • Replies: 10
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:01 pm
@morphy43,
He still wants to contact you. Send him a photo of you and your sisters.
0 Replies

morphy43

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:28 pm
LOL...I should have. Why doesn't he just tell me that he loves me and doesn't want to lose me?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 07:33 pm
Because he doesn't.

That was a phone booty call.

A real man would have called you up and taken you out for dinner (sober and attentive)

Forget him. He's playing with you. It was all about him and his brothers.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:35 am
@morphy43,

Or maybe it was a mistake- maybe he sent the text message to the wrong number.
Does your name start with the same letter of one of his brother's? Once I was distracted and trying to send a text to my son whose name is Joseph and I sent it to my friend whose name is Justin (right below Joseph in my directory)...Justin calls back and is like, 'What?! You need my dirty laundry?' because I had texted Joseph something like, 'Hey - if you have dirty clothes you better tell me where they are - I'm doing one load and I'm not doing laundry all weekend....'
0 Replies

morphy43

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:56 am
I'm pretty sure it was his lame attempt at making contact without having to say he's sorry.
morphy43

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:58 am
Because later on in the day he started texting me messages chatting as if nothing ever happened to us seven days ago.
aidan

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:07 am
@morphy43,
Oh, well then I guess it all depends on you - whether you want to engage or not. You certainly are under no obligation to answer.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:26 am
Why would you go back to a "destructive" relationship?

He's not getting it. He is dismissing you and your concerns, acting like nothing happened.

Be careful and do a reality check: remember why you are broken up.

It rarely ever gets better. Especially if he is not 'getting it' about what happened and cannot accept responsiblity for his actions.

He's acting like nothing ever happened.

PS I speak from experience. My first husband thought he could humor me everytime we had a battle. He would not deal with it. Just wanted it to go away. And he AWAYS repeated the same behhavior. Because he would not accept responsiblity for his actions.

Guys like this are first class manipulators.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:22 pm
@morphy43,
Put him on probation. Teach him to value you. Show him a picture of a doghouse.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:35 am
@morphy43,
Then YOU don't act lame and make the breakup final. What's your word worth? He's a playa. Is it a breakup or a 'warning shot'?
0 Replies