Mon 3 May, 2010 03:58 pm
April 26, 2010
Let's face it, the majority of people are donkeys and Iraqis are no exception.
I always thought that Iraqis were slightly above average in intelligence, I was proved wrong...
Look at some of the Iraqis today - they really believe that the fact that they're allowed to flagellate themselves -- lash themselves with chains, rods...pierce themselves with daggers...slash themselves with razors -- is a sign of liberation...They really believe that Ali, Hassan, Hussein, Fatima, Zeinab and God himself really need all this paiiiiinnnnnn....I mean the more you inflict pain on yourself and others the freer you are -- right ?
Is this some form of hidden Christian atonement for all this guilt...for all these sins ? (sounds like George Bush. No? Hallelujah !)....Ahhh..innumerable sins ! Bad boys and girls ! Or....maybe it could be some masochistic/sadistic mental sexual perversion --lash me, oh yes!!! more...more...more...give me more..more liberation, more freedom...ohh!!!!
Alas, we are left to conclude that "freedom" is a very, very paiiiinnnnnful thing...and the donkeys proved us right...
Posted by Layla Anwar at 26.4.10
April 25, 2010
There are no Secret Prisons in Iraq - Part 4
I really need to finish this as it is weighing on me...it's very late here but I've got to do what I've got to do.
So let's continue with the victims/witnesses testimonies. For the previous testimonies bearing names of torturers, their grades and location of prisons --please read part 3.
Also before I forget, I have just been informed that there is a wave of sectarian mass arrests and killings in many Sunni villages throughout Iraq and the worst to be seen is in the Abu Ghraib district. Also from what I have been told (from very reliable sources) is that some Shiite clerics are starting an anti-Sunni campaign through sermons in Mosques - enticing their "faithful disciples" to go out and kill more Iraqis. This is more than worrisome....Oh Dear God !
Back to the transcripts that I will translate for you.
Transcript 2. Ex-detainee/torture victim from Mosul speaks to Al-Rafidain TV/ program Minbar Al-Rafidain.
caller - Al-Salam Aleikom, my name is Abu Ibrahim from Mosul, and I was released from the prison recently.
I was subjected to physical torture and to rape/sodomy by Division 2,Unit 10, Group 3 and the one responsible for my torture/supervising it was Brigadier Abdul Baree Mahmood Nemat aided by a Kurdish officer by the name of Kirwan who was also responsible for the deaths of 4 detainees.
Al Rafidain - please continue...
caller - and I confirm that there are in Baghdad alone more than 5 secret prisons under the direct orders of Al-Maliki and the director of Baghdad's intelligence operations. And there are today in Mosul, 3 locations where torture takes place in secret prisons 1) what was previously called Al-Kindi center. 2) Mosul's main ex presidential palace. 3) and the Tel Afar fortress.
Al-Rafidain - yes continue please...
caller - and there are over 100 detainees from Tel Afar I know of - who have spent the past 4 years in prisons with no charges and no reason. And the one responsible for these detainees is a Lieutenant from Division 2 by the name of Nasser Ghanem who was transferred from Abu Ghraib. In Abu Ghraib some of my family members suffered the worst and today this same guy (Nasser Ghanem) is sent by Maliki to Mosul (for more torture). There is also another person by the name of Abbas Arit fom Tel Afar who is also responsible for the torture that takes place and under whom 4 prisoners died from torture. I swear to you by Allah the greatest, (3 times) that this is the solemn truth and I don't want to go into more details about the rape of the detainees...
Transcript 3 - from a family member of some of the detainees/prisoners -Baghdad.
caller - Hello, My name is Majed Lateef Al Dourri., my two brothers and their sons as well as my cousin have disappeared in prison and we know nothing about their whereabouts since 2006. We have searched for them everywhere, can you please help us find them ?
Transcript 4 - from a brother of a detainee in Tikrit
caller - hello is this Al-Rafidain ?
Al-Rafidain - yes it is, please go ahead...
caller - my brother is held up
Al-Rafidain - give us more details. where ?
caller - In Tikrit inside the "Jara'em" prison center. One of our relatives(detained) was charged with the murder of a certain Ahmad Al-Fahal, in a prison called Tafseerat and my brother got arrested even though he had nothing to do with it . He is completely innocent. I visited him and I saw how he was subjected to torture. I can still hear his cries. Even his torturers said he is innocent. And so did the judge, who also sent him to the prison doctor because of the torture wounds. All say he is innocent. He's been detained for over 3 months now and the name is Siraj Mahdi.(not clear if this the name of the detained brother or the name of the torturer) and this information I am giving you from the Jara'em prison. I also want to tell you that there hundreds of prisoners there, on no charges, innocent, tortured and have been there for over a year already...
I have personally watched the program in question and I confirm that all the transcripts are correct - I could not possibly have remembered all these details by memory alone.
Obviously and this is glaring - the american "liberation, freedom and democracy"- has been one huge enterprise of mass killings, torture, rape, secret prisons and the rest...
And what transpires from these few samples/testimonies apart from the arbitrary arrests, horrendous torture and killings that take place in Iraq's secret prisons are two important points .
1) the sure fact that -- the joining of the militia members into the armed forces is done systematically and in an organized fashion where leaders of a militia unit are also high grade officers in the armed forces.
2) the meticulous partitioning of Baghdad and its provinces into Divisions, Units, Groups and sub-groups all ruled by both the militias and the armed forces, forming a sophisticated network of state security intelligence units all reporting directly to either the government or to the Shiite parties.
This leads to the obvious fact regarding the sectarian depth and grip of the various Shiite parties on good parts of Iraq and when/if applicable - sectarian operations are carried out in conjunction with the Kurdish militias belonging to the Kurdish parties.
Who is that deceitful SOB who can still talk of national reconciliation ? What reconciliation ? Just a glimpse into these testimonies from the dungeons of Iraq show that no reconciliation is ever possible as long as these sectarian subhuman entities brought in by the barbaric american and iranian occupier still rule Iraq.
Posted by Layla Anwar at 25.4.10
There are no Secret Prisons in Iraq - Part 3
This post was not possible without the wonderful help from a) Al-Rafidain Iraqi sat TV who provided all the transcripts from phone calls - calls by Iraqi ex-prisoners (from the secret prisons) and /or their families and b) A.H. aka Um Al-Ward. Her inside knowledge and great support is indispensable.
So thank you Al-Rafidain and A.H. for the fantastic work you do for our beloved Iraq.
In part 2, I said I will provide detailed information about Iraq's secret prisons including names of officers responsible for the torture that takes place.
But before I do so, I need to denounce once more, once again the utter deceit and hypocrisy of the Shiite parties of Iraq.
Muwafak Al -Rubaie, ex spokesman for Al-Maliki, decried the abuse of Human Rights in Iraq. Now that is so laughable...this joker is now another Gandhi.
The despicable Sadrist party on the other hand, through one of his mouthpieces - Sister Maha aka Maha Al-Douri, Sadrist MP, stated on al-Sharqiya TV 2 days ago that " the sadrists were aware of these secret prisons and they did everything in their power to stop the abuses...." Now you can REALLY laugh because -- in an article published today on Uruknet, an Iraqi Shiite journalist, appalled by the killings of the Sunnis at the hands of the Sadrists, denounced them . Sadrist members had him arrested, tortured, and had his family members killed.
Now for the transcripts that I will translate to the best of my ability. (so help me God).
Bear in mind that these are a SAMPLE, a few samples of witnesses account.
Transcript 1 from witnesses /victims. Transcript 1 mentions names and locations.
- Brigadier Sadik,director of the Al- Muthana secret prison, member of the DAWA party, is a criminal who uses the most abject forms of torture - that of a hamburger grill - among other methods of torture, forcing the detainee to sit naked on the hot grill, burning his buttocks until the skin sticks to the hot grill. This brigadier was aided by another criminal by the name of Ala'a - a member of the military security apparatus, hired by Maliki's office.
- Lieutenant Hatem Al-Maksumee, one of the directors of the counter terrorist bureau , affiliated directly to Al--Maliki's office, also responsible for the joining of the militia members with the armed forces is also a director of the military security apparatus in the Green Zone. His area of expertise is the torture of ex-army officers, where he tortured and finished off over 50 ex army officers and has numerous torturers under his supervision, all directly hired by Al-Maliki's office. He is also responsible for supervising the detainees held in the following secret prisons :
* the Harithia secret prison in Baghdad
* The Shareef secret prison behind the Ministry of Human Rights inside the Green Zone - Baghdad
* the Il'wiya secret prison - section 54, Baghdad, led by Brigadier Ali Fadel Al-Obaidi
* and another secret prison in section 24 led by the terrorist Officer Raheem Rissan Al-Baydani.
- Brigadier Ghassan, head of the 11th unit aided by Farook Al-Araji - one of the directors in Maliki's office - their task is to supervise officers from the joint militia/armed forces units, related to the DAWA party. Their job is to execute the orders regarding the physical liquidation of some of the detainees in the secret prisons. Thereafter the detainees bodies are thrown on the outskirts of Baghdad city The bodies are then transported in the middle of the night by vehicles belonging to Unit 56 - unit in charge of Baghdad's operations whose headquarter is in the Green Zone.
- Lieutenant Haidar, responsible for intelligence operations in Unit 54, Division 1, Group 6. This criminal is responsible for the arbitrary arrests in the Mansour and Harthi'a districts and that without any arrest warrants.Those arrested are then transferred to the Muthana secret prison and heavily tortured. Thereafter that same criminal contacts the families of the detainees demanding huge sums of money. If the families in question cannot afford to pay this extortion sums, the detainee is killed and the body is then dumped in the street. This criminal is also a member of the DAWA party and part of Colonel Fadel Al-Obaidi's team.
Secret Prisons ? What secret prisons ? --- to be continued with the rest of the transcripts.
Posted by Layla Anwar at 25.4.10
April 22, 2010
There are no Secret Prisons in Iraq - Part 2. + UPDATES
This is a rushed continuation of my previous post.
This post is regularly UPDATED. The updates are incorporated into the main text.
Just been watching several programs on the "secret" prisons in Iraq which are no longer secret...
Al -Jazeera Arabic today gave more watered down pictures of the torture...still horrific but nothing compared to yesterday's nor to the real graphic images I saw on another satellite TV - Al Rafidain.
Again Al-Jazeera English Website uploaded that same short film from the Arabic Al-Jazeera with a LOUSY and INCOMPLETE translation into English, OMITTING to mention the RAPE and other forms of GROTESQUE TORTURE of the detainees and only showing detainees with "alleged" cigarette burns. SHAME ON YOU Al-Jazeera for your watered down version of the events. How low will you stoop to please Iran and its sectarian savages ?!
Al-Jazeera interviewed one of Maliki's aide and he said this story of the secret prison in al Muthana/ Baghdad is all fabrication - hahahahaha. They also interviewed the Governor of Mosul , Al-Nujaifi who stated that he has been pressing Maliki's government for information regarding 430 persons missing (all in secret detention) for over 6 months....with no reply from Maliki. He also confirmed that there is ANOTHER secret prison in Mosul...
One survivor testified hiding his face on al Jazeera he said : " they would torture one man in front of his brother, to extract information, or one father in front of his son and vice versa. We saw the most horrendous forms of torture..." The guy was too scared to give all the details.
But this is nothing - wait till you hear the LIVE testimonies on Al-Rafidain by some of the released detainees and families of the missing.
This is a rushed transcript so I will give you bullet points
- out of the 430 reported missing i.e secretly detained, only 47 were released.
- all said they were forced under duress -- to sign documents claiming responsibility for acts they never committed.
-130 or so are still in Al- Muthana secret prison and the rest have been transferred to another prison near Baghdad's stadium Al-Ma'lab prison.
- all of those detained in the Nineveh province were picked from their homes during night raids, no charges have been pressed against them. You would undoubtedly agree that a "terrorist" or an "insurgent" would not be sitting or sleeping in his home with family.
- there were driven in the back of trucks "like animals" for a 13 hour ride. The minute they arrived to Baghdad's secret prison - one of Baghdad's secret prison, the torture they endured was so horrific that one said he wished for death any minute. One identifying himself by the name of Abu Ahmed, said that they were subjected to not only disgraceful appalling prison conditions but the amount of torture he underwent and witnessed was unprecedented. He spoke of daily rapes, and named the man who died under torture in January 2010 - His name was Riyadh.
- another caller confirmed that there is another secret prison in Tikrit where members of his family have disappeared. He tried getting information through the government authorities to no avail.
- another called and gave the FULL names of his torturers and their military grades as well their regiment division. The name of one torturer I recall is AbdelNuman - he is a member of Maliki's forces and also a member of the DAWA party , his aide is a Kurdish guy by the name of Kirwan. Again, more gory details of how this man was tortured by these two guys
- another gives more information - there are 3 secret prisons in Mosul in the following locations - two of which I remember. a) Al- Kindi b) and another one in the ex-palace of Saddam's Hussein and there is another one in Tel Afar.
- there are an additional 5 secret prisons in Baghdad. I will try to get the exact locations and publish them on my blog as well as other information like names...
- another caller gave also more names of his torturers and their grades. And one preferred method for this particular torturer in charge of this division, and who is also a member of Maliki's special forces was the use of a "hamburger grill" which he would heat up to the maximum and force the detainees to sit on.
- another detainee said he witnessed 4 men dying under torture over and above the one guy reported dead in January 2010
- pictures of the most grotesque signs of torture were shown. Impossible to describe without actually getting hold of the film.
- 20 detainees are reported to have been paralyzed from the torture
- latest figure quoted is 700 detainees in Muthana prison and not 430 as previously quoted by media - to be confirmed.
- Al Babeliya TV also ran some live pictures - one detainee had all the skin on his body burned.
- Al-Sharqiya TV also ran some live pictures - one detainee looked like a survivor from the Nazi gas chambers, he was totally paralyzed.
Yalla, Welcome to Freedom and Democracy of the new Iraq --american, iranian style.
Meanwhile for those who live in the UK, be informed that a vigil will take place in London.
I am copying the full text for you
Join the Vigil Outside the Iraqi Embassy
Wednesday 28 April 2010, 11.30-12.30 p.m.
Embassy of the Republic of Iraq, 3 Elvaston Place, London SW7 5QH
Please Join Us
We are appalled and sickened by Nouri Al Maliki's approval of a number of secret prisons throughout Iraq including the recently exposed Old Muthanna airport prison run by troops under his office's direct command.
One prisoner at Old Muthanna