What's a mother to do?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:35 pm
Well, maybe Bill's interest will grow. I sure agree a child needs lots of love.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:41 pm
He and his mother got into a major brawl Thanksgiving nite/early Friday morn and it was clear that, altho' at times it looks like he might come around, he is still extremely outraged with her for intervening and makes no bones about it.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 09:07 pm
For Starters, Mom asked Son to take the paternity test. He took it. Therefore telling me that he was curious enough to want to know if the child was his or not.

I don't blame Grandma for wanting to have a relationship with her grandchild and its a wonderful thing that the childs mother will allow her this, considering the behavior of the dad. (if we can call him that given his attitude)

Sounds to me, that son needs to suck it up and take responsibility for his actions. He was MAN enough to help create the child, he needs to be MAN enough to take care of HIS child.

If he doesn't start now, one day this will come back to bite him in the ass. That child will grow up and the adolescent father will want something to do with him and he'll just toss him to the side as he was done.

And its ashame to think that son believes that mom screwed up his life. It wasn't her that was doing the screwing around. He needs to take responsiblity for his actions. People that think the world owes them something just piss me off!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 11:53 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:
And its ashame to think that son believes that mom screwed up his life. It wasn't her that was doing the screwing around. He needs to take responsiblity for his actions. People that think the world owes them something just piss me off!

Joan raised Bill. She is not completely responsible for his behaviour, but she had a part to play in who he became. I hope she doesn't spoil the baby the way she spoiled her son. I mean spoil in the sense of ruined. It would be a shame to have another person turn out like that.

As much as I support grandparents rights on a general basis, I think the specifics of each case are very important. I hope Joan has the opportunity to love her grandchild, but I also hope that she is supervised and not given a free hand. Spoiling happens very quickly.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 09:05 pm
Well ehBeth you got a point...lol. Mom did raise son. And therefore she does have some responsibility there for his behaviour.

And I understand the part of spoiling as in ruined. I have seen a few like that....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:56 pm
Only a few makemeshiver? I've seen so many spoiled young people that it's an incredible, undeniable treat to meet a well-adjusted, mature twenty-something today who's finished school, starting a career, and trying to make it on their own. Most I meet are living at home still, but working, some are driving nice cars, most are wearing nice clothes and hanging out every weekend but they still expect Moms or Daddy to pick up their tab when they all go out to dinner. That's what I see out here and no one's to blame but their parents, the creators of these big baby monsters.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 07:23 pm
Well eoe.....

Yes, I can say a FEW.....where I'm from, those spoiled 20 something brats are few and far between.

Its called a Rural area.....where we got our first red light a little over a year ago...its where most children are raised on farms...whether it be chicken or cattle or horses, they have worked hard since they were big enough to tote a 5 gallon bucket...full of feed. They have had it drilled in thier heads that if they want something out of life.....you have to be educated and work hard.

So....like I said......FEW.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 07:51 pm
Must be nice, shiver. I'd like to meet more young people like that.
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:20 pm
Dear EOE,

So "Bill" thinks his mother has ruined him financially? LMAO
Joan needs to tell her son, Bill, that is a COCKY accusation!!!!!!!!
Joan needs to reinforce to Bill that when he is feeling COCKY he needs to cover it with a SOCKY. Ya know? Keep it simple stupid for Bill because its obvious hes mildly mentally unstable.
Joan convinced both parents to take a DNA test and they did. So, so far Bill has made the decesion to have unprotected sex and to take this DNA test. Inevitably we all know Joan it not at fault for the making of this beautiful grandbaby and the identity of the babys father.
Joan needs to continue being a part of her grandsons life whether her son accepts it or not. Hopefully her grandson will grow up to treat her with respect unlike her son Bill.
Thanks for reading.
Cheerio
0 Replies