Lucky Lindy?

Letty

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 08:22 pm
Perhaps:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031128/ts_alt_afp/germany_us_air_people_lindbergh_031128223945

Still wonder if Bruno did it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 14
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:25 pm
Letty
Letty, he was a horny little fly boy wasn't he? Nothing suprises me anymore except the number of children he father outside of his marriage; Five in his marriage and five outside of it. I think he was torn between his love of America and of Germany all of his life.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:53 pm
Hey,bbb. Very Happy . I agree, and eventually he fell out of favor with the onset of the Great War. Hmmmm. perhaps he had more than the Spirit of St. Louis. Laughing
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 08:42 pm
Re: Lucky Lindy?
Letty wrote:

Still wonder if Bruno did it.

After Bruno Richard Hauptmann was sentenced to death, the district attorney offered him a deal, if he confessed to the crime the D.A. would commute the sentence to life imprisonment. Bruno said he would rather die than admit to something he hadn't done.Seems like the DA wasn't convinced of his guilt.

You have to wonder at why the authorities didn't take a closer look at Isador Fisch. Or was it simply that in 1932 america someone had to die for kidnapping and killing the son of america's greatest hero? Did it really matter what his name was?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 08:05 am
Hey, Kev. Hindsight is an exact science, isn't it? There has been a lot of speculation about the Lindberg baby. It seems to me that someone espoused the idea that a person in the household had something to do with the death of the child. If you ever get the chance, watch the movie, The Life of David Gale. It's all about capitol punishment. Had Hauptmann not been executed, who knows what things would have come to light.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:43 pm
I don't consider Yahoo the most reliable news in the world, but I guess anything is possible. I was a kid when the Lindbergh baby was kidnapped and I can assure you that it was a big deal at the time. The whole nation was out for blood, and I think that hurried up Bruno's fate. Personally, I never did think he did it. But at this late date I don't think we will ever know for sure.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:13 pm
Yahoo News is a digest - collecting news from a number of sources.

A quick newsGoogle of Lindbergh + paternity gives you

Quote:

GoogleNews gives 150+ hits on this when you do Lindbergh + children. A surprising amount of interest for what is really an old story.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:15 pm
Shoe, we're only here to speculate, and just what do you feel is a reliable source? The "Little Lindberg Law" had far reaching effects in the lives of many folks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:19 pm
I'm a bit taken with this article. click
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:27 pm
Beth, you delightful Canajun. Even tonight, Peter Jennings ended his news report with memories of the Titanic. Nothing ever really dies, you know.

A little parody:

Oh, they built the ship titanic and they built it strong and true,
And they said it was a ship that the water would never come through,
But the Lord's almighty hand said that ship would never stand,
It was sad when that great ship went down.(hit the bottom)

It was sad, mighty sad,
It was sad when that great ship went down,
Husbands and wives, little children lost their lives,

It was sad when that great ship went down.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:34 pm
p.s. Beth. We are all taken with anything that is a part of our past. Once again, we must decide who we are in the scope of things, and thereby hangs a tale...but you don't want to hear it.. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:44 pm
Well ya know, Letty ... why was I drawn to this question ... therein lies a tale of my past. I have little or no interest in Charles Lindbergh, but I enjoy the writings of Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I 'discovered' her when I first beginning my academic studies in the environmental sciences.

Quote:
Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem, or saying a prayer.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Quote:
Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, 'Gift From the Sea'
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:47 pm
Quote:

Quote:
I believe that what a woman resents is not so much giving herself in pieces as giving herself purposelessly.

Quote:
One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.

Quote:
I feel we are all islands -- in a common sea.

Quote:
By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class.

Quote:
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

found these here
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:49 pm
The loneliness you get by the sea is personal and alive. It doesn't subdue you and make you feel abject. It's stimulating loneliness.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

and a whole blinkin' page more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/annemorrow125403.html
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:58 pm
Yes, Beth. The woman behind the man.

and the man in the foreground. My dear child, as far as we have come, primogeniture lurks. Hey, I don't mind it.
0 Replies