Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 08:03 pm
Roger
LOL. That's my cousins user name on here. He's actually very mellow and is a family man ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 08:06 pm
Oh he was your actual cousin? I remember that exchange... I was confused!

It really seems like there must be SOME sort of youth group in your area, even if it is remote. If you were in the U.S. I'd have more useful advice -- I don't know enough about equivalents in Canada.

Have you joined online homeschooling communities, that sort of thing?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 08:15 pm
http://www.homeschoolingnb.com/links.html

http://www.homeschoolingnb.com/nbsupportgroups.html

http://www.gomilpitas.com/homeschooling/regional/NewBrunswick.htm

http://www.homeschoolingnb.com/fieldtripsandfreebies.html

etc...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 10:16 am
In the Big Stick department:

A child who must be reminded--even nagged--to finish home schooling assignments is obviously not mature enough for a driver's license.

Most 16-year-olds want a driver's license enough to work for it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:20 pm
Sozobe
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. Unfortunately, even if there were youth groups in the area, I don't think my son would be interested.

Noddy
My son wants desperately to go to work, so getting his license is a good thing. I understand where he's coming from as far as working is concerned because I couldn't wait to start working. I started working full time when I was 15 and it changed everything for me. My son doesn't drink or do drugs, so I am very happy about that. Since I started this thread I've had several talks with him and he is doing much better, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:50 pm
Glad to hear things are improving, montana. Keep the pressure on him to let you not have to keep the pressure on him.... or something like that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:53 pm
LOL Littlek. Will do that ;-) Thanks :-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 01:21 pm
Montana--

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 02:37 pm
Hey i think i know the answer. Man has come to realize that there is nothing more to concure. We were best as frontiers men space explorers or what have you, but it's all finished the gene in man is changing. We just want to saty home and be nurtured for now a mans world as he has know it is over. Really the world cannot handle one more nuclear bomb. One more of those and our ozone would certainly perish. I think something is in the works and it's going to take it's sweet time as for mans get5 up go well it did for so long that now iy might be gone...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 03:17 pm
Was a very good day today. We talked again about what is expected of him and he has promised to get on the ball and off my case. We also talked about my mother spoiling him and even though we've had this talk several times before, he understands that she is stepping on my toes when she does this and sees why I get so angry with the both of them. I told him that he is very close to being a man now and it was time he started acting like one. He agreed, so was a very good day indeed :-D
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:19 am
Re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Montana wrote:
Also, my mother doesn't drive, so I have to run all the errands. I would love to have one solid week to myself where no one depended on me for anything.

I don't know what the legal driving age in Canada is, but would it be an option to let your son do some of the driving for you? I'm thinking about buying groceries and stuff like that. That way, less would depend on you, and you could also have some time of while he's out shopping.

Just an idea
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:22 am
Thomas
My son only has his permit and won't have his license until next summer, but I am looking forward to that. Thanks.
0 Replies