Wal-Mart Assailed on Death

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 05:28 pm
That is just sad, that we as society so consumed by consumerism that we can ran some one over just to get cheap TV sets.

Police say Jdimytai Damour, a 34-year-old temporary maintenance worker, was pushed to the ground and asphyxiated when an estimated 2,000 shoppers broke through the glass doors at a Wal-Mart store on Long Island, N.Y., as they raced to buy a limited assortment of sharply discounted television sets, computers and other gifts in the predawn hours early Friday.
Wal-Mart Assailed on Death - WSJ.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 938 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 09:07 pm
@marcus cv,
It's ridiculous. There are no other words to describe it.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@marcus cv,
You know, the poor guy wasn't even trained in crowd-control or anything -- he was placed at the front because he was a big guy. Anyway, yeah when I heard about this happening I was even more disgusted with humanity...to think that people could trample a guy to death just to get to the TV or computer or whatever else they wanted is just messed up...but hey, whatever get's them to save a few bucks, right?
Petey J

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 11:47 pm
@missdixy,
missdixy;63072 wrote:
You know, the poor guy wasn't even trained in crowd-control or anything -- he was placed at the front because he was a big guy. Anyway, yeah when I heard about this happening I was even more disgusted with humanity...to think that people could trample a guy to death just to get to the TV or computer or whatever else they wanted is just messed up...but hey, whatever get's them to save a few bucks, right?

Do you base your view of humanity solely on this?

Not everyone is like that.
0 Replies