• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,164 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 09:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

:rollinglaugh:

It's funny when these wackos are tripped up by their own words.

As far as Gitmo, well it's already been said that they're not coming here because... drumroll, please... THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Ah Fox, your bias shines.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 07:49 am
@Sabz5150,
Obvious fear-mongering.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 03:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
http://www.diseaseproof.com/1984.jpg

Fox "News"... isn't. They neither report or let you decide. It's more op-ed than fact. Anyone who isn't "tuned in" sees this as rather obvious.

Have you ever visited someone who swears by Fox? It's on EVERY SINGLE TELEVISION, all the time, regardless of whether somebody's in the room or not. It's the program-o-vision meant to keep the flock in line.

It's the mouthpiece of the GOP and far right, that's what it was built to do, and it accomplishes this task exceptionally well.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:47 am
@Sabz5150,
Just today I was watching fox and some reporter was trying to insist that global warming is a lie based on how cold it is, during winter no less. Sorry one day or even one unusually cold week in one region doesn't determine the climate trend for the whole world especial a gradual one like climate change. In fact if I understand correctly climate change does more than just heating the world, it increases the frequency and severity of storm systems.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 06:32 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
FOX NEWS is well known around the globe for the crap it spouts,for some reason i find myself tuning in to watch :eek: i find it entertaining and funny in a bizarre way Very Happy

I see Alan colmes has now departed,alwyas felt a bit sorry for him being the token liberal on the show.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fox news presents the news as conservatives like it. Why would that cause anyone with a remote a problem? Do you think they actually sway any liberal's opinion?

ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, nor the BBC sway the opinions of conservatives. So, what's big fuss? Must be the fact that Fox's ratings are scaring someone.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 05:41 am
@g-man,
g-man;63669 wrote:
Fox news presents the news as conservatives like it.

with a neo-con bias?

Quote:

Why would that cause anyone with a remote a problem? Do you think they actually sway any liberal's opinion?

The media is an incredibly powerful tool, to underestimate the persuasive power of it would be a great err.

Quote:
ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, nor the BBC sway the opinions of conservatives. So, what's big fuss? Must be the fact that Fox's ratings are scaring someone.

It's the fence-sitters that are important.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:09 am
@g-man,
g-man;63669 wrote:
Fox news presents the news as conservatives like it. Why would that cause anyone with a remote a problem? Do you think they actually sway any liberal's opinion?

Fox News uses the phrase "FAIR & BALANCED" :rollinglaugh:

I LIKE FOX NEWS ! IT MAKES ME LAUGH :thumbup:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:04 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Just a quick pop in from an old poster - It's nice to see such open minded individuals getting together for a nice chat. Incidentally, the global warming piece referenced was hosted by Lou Dobbs on CNN, not on FOX.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:57 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63688 wrote:
with a neo-con bias?

Neo-con or leftist agenda they have the right and you have a remote.

Quote:
The media is an incredibly powerful tool, to underestimate the persuasive power of it would be a great err.

Really, look what it did for Barry. No way no how is he president if the mainstream media didn't drool over his every word. Which never consisted of substance.

Quote:
It's the fence-sitters that are important.

People watching fox nor the left wing main stream media really sit the fence. Fence sitters are a figment of someone's imagination.

The vast differences between left and right these days make the choices easy for all.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:32 am
@g-man,
g-man;63791 wrote:

People watching fox nor the left wing main stream media really sit the fence. Fence sitters are a figment of someone's imagination.

The vast differences between left and right these days make the choices easy for all.

That is the reason McCain lost the election.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 07:04 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
How many hours do you watch Fox News? How many do you spend on other stations? Why do you care what anyone else watches? That's has been one of our freedoms... but if the libs have their way it too will be swept away.

Why are you worried about the fence sitters watching a one conservative network compared to the numerous liberal ones? Oh, maybe common sense might prevail!
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 10:11 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
The argument against fox news always makes me laugh.

Fox news does have allot of Op-Ed television, their entire prime time block is dedicated to it. Sadly, the counter voice, Alan Colmes, now has a big radio talk show and "Hannity and Colmes" is no more.

But fox itself does have it's fair share of "hard news". Allot of it is from the AP, which is actually the last bastion of responsible reporting left in American Accessed news. The hard news that's from Fox is usually written with a conservative voice, but the misnomer is that Fox is the only American news agency that has a voice. ALL hard news has some voice, even if it is expected to be at a minimum. The 2008 election showed clearly that CNN, MSNBC and others are just as capable of swayed reporting as anyone else.

The difference is when liberals look at Fox News they scream "indoctrination and brainwashing" because it has a conservative voice. When they read liberal voiced news they just say it's a good news source, not recognizing (or worse intentionally not admitting) that it is written with a voice as well. This is exactly the ideology that most Anti Fox people speak of, but it doesn't apply to their news sources because those are "correct".

Here's a few links from fox news, simply for the purpose of reference. Take a look, this is probably the first time many of you will even actually read something you have such a strong opinion about. This is not "op ed"

Lawmakers Across Nation Look to Booze for Revenues - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

FOXNews.com - North Korea Offers Possible Olive Branch Before Clinton Visit - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

FOXNews.com - Chavez Urges Venezuelans to Let Him Run in 2012 - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

State GOP Leader Says Sen. Roland Burris an 'Embarrassment' - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

All taken from the Fox News homepage, all responsible hard news
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 10:46 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
So you agree that there is a lot of bias on FOX.
westernmom

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:40 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63981 wrote:

Do you agree there is a lot of bias on NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS? Isn't it the same question?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:10 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;63975 wrote:
How many hours do you watch Fox News? How many do you spend on other stations? Why do you care what anyone else watches? That's has been one of our freedoms... but if the libs have their way it too will be swept away.

Why are you worried about the fence sitters watching a one conservative network compared to the numerous liberal ones? Oh, maybe common sense might prevail!

I don't really care what people watch, but that doesn't mean if there is an inconsistency or double-standard I'm not going to point it out because I will.
westernmom

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 04:13 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63992 wrote:
I don't really care what people watch, but that doesn't mean if there is an inconsistency or double-standard I'm not going to point it out because I will.

Why is it a double standard to be an opinion journalist and stand for one side?

Double standards????

Obama doesn't want lobbyists but appoints them.

Democrats don't like tax cheaters unless it's someone that's appointed to Obama's cabinet...

O"Reilly can't compare Helen Thomas to the witch from the Wizard of Oz but dems can say anything they want about Palin.

Let's not forget Edwards telling dads how to act, all the while he's committing adultry.

Barney Frank can pay his boyfriend the big bucks from Freddy and Fannie but it's the repubs fault.

The Patriot Act is horrible but let's track how much gas we use and add a tax to those who use too much!

Gitmo should be closed down but why didn't Bush do more to protect us?

The middle class needs more taxes to pay for Pelsoi's jet and pay raise!

Tansparency in this admin but don't let anyone read the stimulus package before it's passed!

Need I go on about double standards? Where's the outrage on these?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 04:26 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63981 wrote:

On O'Riely, Hannity's America and stuff like that? Of course. Their are a conservative news organization and their op ed stuff reflects it. My contention was that the popular view of "blue" society is that Fox News doesn't produce any hard news, which is false, just as I've proven above.

Their hard news has a conservative voice, but nothing beyond, and in most cases softer, then the stuff put out by CBS and CNN during the 08 election.

My real beef is with the indoctrination that goes on within your clicks. When I describe thins like the ACLU and planned parenthood I refer to them as "liberal leaning", when you guys talk about Fox News or other "red" organizations you more often then not call them "evil". Classifying anything you find with an opposing view as "evil lies" rather then "counter views" is radical ideology, the kind that drives wedges between the bipartisan efforts the country needs right now.

Anyone who needs to understand what's wrong with deviceive partisanship needs to go read Washington's farewell address
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 05:09 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;63998 wrote:
Why is it a double standard to be an opinion journalist and stand for one side?

No the double standard is in saying you should support your president and respect the government and then say the exact opposite when the opposing party wins office.