Sabz5150

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:57 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60009 wrote:
I'm sure glad that the dems haven't smeared anyone with lipstick as well.

Same here!

YouTube - John McCain likes "Lipstick on a Pig" references too
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:24 am
@Sabz5150,

nice find!
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 07:57 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
"Lipstick on a pig" is a saying that's been around longer than us. It's been said countless times in reference to countless things and countless people of both sexes. This is just another example of the GOP trying to make a story where there isn't one and an attempt to drum up the PUMAs (what few of them there are left).

Typical GOP tactics and a stunt that has been debunked everywhere.
westernmom

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:47 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60024 wrote:
"Lipstick on a pig" is a saying that's been around longer than us. It's been said countless times in reference to countless things and countless people of both sexes. This is just another example of the GOP trying to make a story where there isn't one and an attempt to drum up the PUMAs (what few of them there are left).

That's true but it wasn't coincidence that Obama used it for the first time just a week after Palin mentioned lipstick in her speech.

How about those stats this morning that shows that Obama's ads are 78% negative and McCain's are 58% negative? But, that doesn't bother me because it makes me research the ad claims.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 01:56 am
@westernmom,
Quote:
That's true but it wasn't coincidence that Obama used it for the first time just a week after Palin mentioned lipstick in her speech.

Sure it is. Every news agency and fact check organization has finally admitted this.

Quote:
How about those stats this morning that shows that Obama's ads are 78% negative and McCain's are 58% negative? But, that doesn't bother me because it makes me research the ad claims.

Show these stats.

If it made you research the claims, you'd find almost everything McCain said is false, such as the sex-ed to kindergarteners ad.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 02:02 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Found it:

washingtonpost.com

You miss one key piece:

Sen. Barack Obama aired more negative advertising last week than did the Arizona Republican

(Emphasis mine)
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 07:08 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
The study says the campaigns poured $15 million into the ad wars last week -- they were virtually even in total spending -- but the figures revealed an important distinction. Obama, who has rejected public financing in favor of private fundraising, paid for 97 percent of his spots. McCain, who is limited to an $84 million federal subsidy, financed 43 percent of his commercials, with the rest airing in conjunction with the Republican National Committee. These "hybrid" spots allow McCain to retain control while the party foots much of the bill.

I thought this was interesting also.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 09:20 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60027 wrote:

I'm not even sure how you would test or measure something like that. How do you measure opinion?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:40 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Polls.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:16 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60298 wrote:
Polls.

and how do polls show if a statement is negative or not? Whats negative to one person isn't to another.....you should know that!
Drnaline

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60312 wrote:
and how do polls show if a statement is negative or not? Whats negative to one person isn't to another.....you should know that!
I do know that but there is a percentage one way or another as to is what is said is believable. When have you seen a poll without a hypothetical question?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 01:03 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60338 wrote:
I do know that but there is a percentage one way or another as to is what is said is believable. When have you seen a poll without a hypothetical question?

"stats this morning that shows that Obama's ads are 78% negative and McCain's are 58% negative"

so in reality this should be ___% of americans find ___% of Obama's ads to be negative?????

Doesn't sound like a very good basis of a poll especially when there are two variables involved.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:58 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I never said polls are exact, they always have a margin of error.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:36 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60359 wrote:
I never said polls are exact, they always have a margin of error.

If you know anything about the scientific method then you would know any research that has 2 variables is automatically discredited.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Doesn't change how a poll works.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 02:39 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60433 wrote:
Doesn't change how a poll works.

But it heavily affects its accuracy, and that is a measurement of whether a poll works. If the poll is inaccurate, it's useless.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 09:30 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Regardless of use, some will believe, some won't. Remember how far ahead in the polls John Kerry was. Yup, sometimes they are highly inaccurate.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 08:22 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59008 wrote:
I notice a lot of Obama avatars, even the righties. Except when the righties have an Obama avatar it's for the purpose of smearing him, but when other people have an obama avatar it's to support him. I also notice nobody has a McCain avatar.......i don't know about you but that says something to me!

I do not get the connection between mud slinging and avatars. Mine speaks to the way I view life - forward thinking with feet firmly planted.
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 09:25 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59069 wrote:
It seems republicans are just better mud slingers.

It's what they do in lieu of being smart enough to govern...:dunno:
0 Replies