Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:11 am
I notice a lot of Obama avatars, even the righties. Except when the righties have an Obama avatar it's for the purpose of smearing him, but when other people have an obama avatar it's to support him. I also notice nobody has a McCain avatar.......i don't know about you but that says something to me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,118 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
It seems republicans are just better mud slingers.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:05 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Here's a fine example of democrat mudslingers.
Some turn violent in march to GOP convention -- GOPUSA

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Protesters attacked delegates, smashed windows, punctured car tires and threw bottles Monday, a violent counterpoint to an otherwise peaceful anti-war march at the Republican National Convention. Police wielding pepper spray arrested at least 56 people.

The trouble happened not far from the Xcel Energy Center convention site, and many of those involved in the more violent protest were clad in black and identified themselves to reporters as anarchists. They wrought havoc by damaging property and setting at least one fire. Most of the trouble was in pockets of a neighborhood near downtown, several blocks from where the convention was taking place.

Police estimates of the crowd shifted several times during the event, ranging from 2,000 to 10,000. The crowd was clearly in the thousands. Late Monday afternoon, long after the antiwar marchers had dispersed, police requested and got 150 Minnesota National Guard soldiers to help control splinter groups near downtown.

Members of the Connecticut delegation said they were attacked by protesters when they got off their bus near the Xcel Center, KMSP-TV reported. Delegate Rob Simmons told the station that a group of protesters came toward his delegation and tried to rip the credentials off their necks and sprayed them with a toxic substance that burned their eyes and stained their clothes.

One 80-year-old member of the delegation had to be treated for injuries, and several other delegates had to rinse their eyes and clothing, the station reported.

Five people were arrested for lighting a trash bin on fire and pushing it into a police car, St. Paul police spokesman Tom Walsh said. Authorities didn't have immediate details on the other arrests.

The antiwar march was organized by a group called the Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War, whose leaders said they hoped for a peaceful, family-friendly event. But police were on high alert after months of preparations by a self-described anarchist group called the RNC Welcoming Committee, which wasn't among the organizers of the march.

About 20 people dressed in black tried to block a key intersection. Police quickly dispersed the group, then shot two tear gas canisters at them as the fled.

Pictures taken by Associated Press photographers showed officers using pepper spray on people who appeared to be trying to block streets.

I bet they all claim to be openminded and tolerant.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:25 am
@Drnaline,
And nobody here has an avatar mocking McCain.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59145 wrote:
And nobody here has an avatar mocking McCain.
Here's your chance.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:24 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59178 wrote:
Here's your chance.

I will take the high road. Besides i have no desire to smear the other side....it would lower me to your level. :thumbup:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:02 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Think alot of your self do ya? Your high road took a quick turn once you turn to insults. I will take the high road and leave it at that.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:59 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59478 wrote:
Think alot of your self do ya? Your high road took a quick turn once you turn to insults. I will take the high road and leave it at that.

Is it an insult to point out hypocrisy?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I'm sure you can point out per sieved hypocracy without insults, can't you?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59504 wrote:
I'm sure you can point out per sieved hypocracy without insults, can't you?

where have i insulted?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Where haven't you.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:41 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59715 wrote:
Where haven't you.

everywhere.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:42 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
and nowhere.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:13 am
@Drnaline,
I rest my case! Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 08:18 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I doubt it.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 06:43 am
@Drnaline,
Well if you can't give me an example, then that means you have none.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
No, it means i've posted none.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 11:30 am
@Drnaline,
I'm done with this thread and your insinuations.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59008 wrote:
I notice a lot of Obama avatars, even the righties. Except when the righties have an Obama avatar it's for the purpose of smearing him, but when other people have an obama avatar it's to support him. I also notice nobody has a McCain avatar.......i don't know about you but that says something to me!

For some odd reason, the Right loves props. Four years ago it was the band-aids and fake medals. This year it's tire gauges and waffles. Even Bam pointed this out... this is what they do. They spend all their time smearing their opponent instead of supporting their candidate.

It's not about making your guy look good, but about making the other guy look bad. It's quite the effective strategy, albeit childish. If they truly supported McCain, they'd show it by supporting him, not demeaning their opponent.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:11 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I'm sure glad that the dems haven't smeared anyone with lipstick as well.