Hypocrisy of Polotics

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 12:11 pm
Does anybody realize the hypocrisy of this?

I hear from people all the time who say something like "**** the UN they can't tell us what to do" and in the same breathe that person will say "We had to invade Iraq because they violated UN sanctions!" :wtf:

What ******* hypocrite!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,757 • Replies: 100
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 01:36 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51312 wrote:

I hear from people all the time who say something like "*** the UN they can't tell us what to do" and in the same breathe that person will say "We had to invade Iraq because they violated UN sanctions!" :wtf:

What ***ing hypocrite!

Correct :thumbup:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 03:55 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51312 wrote:

I hear from people all the time who say something like "*** the UN they can't tell us what to do" and in the same breathe that person will say "We had to invade Iraq because they violated UN sanctions!" :wtf:

What ***ing hypocrite!

Here's one:

"It doesn't matter what Saddam did, it was not our responsibilty and we can't just go around being nation builders."

and

"Do you see what they're doing in Darfur! We have to take military actions if the UN won't."

or "Marijuana should be legalized, it's their choice!" and "Ban smoking! It has negative effects on the people around smokers."
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 04:07 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51358 wrote:
Here's one:

"It doesn't matter what Saddam did, it was not our responsibilty and we can't just go around being nation builders."

and

"Do you see what they're doing in Darfur! We have to take military actions if the UN won't."

or "Marijuana should be legalized, it's their choice!" and "Ban smoking! It has negative effects on the people around smokers."

although bush didn't go into Iraq because of genocide he wnet in because he wanted to get non-existant WMDs

although i do support helping Victims in darfur but a full deployment of US soldiers is probably a bad idea, we should let the UN handle that and we can give support to the UN and their efforts.

America is not the world police, thats what the UN is for.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 04:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
**** Iraq, and **** Danfur, I don't care about either. If the US wants to help in Danfur, they can start a charity to hire Blackwater to go over there and "fix" it. In Iraq if we, or I should say the multibillion dollar corporations, want to protect "our" interest (re: the billions in oil) they can hire Blackwater out of their own pockets to protect them working there.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 06:26 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;51365 wrote:
*** Iraq, and *** Danfur, I don't care about either. If the US wants to help in Danfur, they can start a charity to hire Blackwater to go over there and "fix" it. In Iraq if we, or I should say the multibillion dollar corporations, want to protect "our" interest (re: the billions in oil) they can hire Blackwater out of their own pockets to protect them working there.

Unless you dont drive a car, you dont bathe, and you dont wear clothing, then those oil interests are yours too.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51363 wrote:
although bush didn't go into Iraq because of genocide he wnet in because he wanted to get non-existant WMDs

although i do support helping Victims in darfur but a full deployment of US soldiers is probably a bad idea, we should let the UN handle that and we can give support to the UN and their efforts.

America is not the world police, thats what the UN is for.

Like the UN can do anything.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:00 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;51379 wrote:
Unless you dont drive a car, you dont bathe, and you dont wear clothing, then those oil interests are yours too.

I use oil, and petroleum products, bitu guess what? We don't need to be dependent on ******* Saudi royals for oil, and we most certainly do not need to be starting wars under the premise of "Protecting America" against countries that could never hurt us.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:38 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51383 wrote:
Like the UN can do anything.

you underestimate them, they've done alot over the years.

But the UN does pretty much whatever America wants them to do since thier offices are in the US and they are funded mostly by america.
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:41 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51416 wrote:

But the UN does pretty much whatever America wants them to do since thier offices are in the US and they are funded mostly by america.

Two reason why it being in the US makes not a sod bit of diff.

1.) Aside from 1942, and once in 2001 the US has not been invaded. So it makes since that UN building be in our protection.

2.) Where the UN building is located is INTERNATIONAL territory. we do not own it, its not a lease, we cannot evict them.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:07 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;51407 wrote:
I use oil, and petroleum products, bitu guess what? We don't need to be dependent on ***ing Saudi royals for oil, and we most certainly do not need to be starting wars under the premise of "Protecting America" against countries that could never hurt us.
Define Hurt?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:09 am
@Fatal Freedoms,

Can you back that statement up? The votes that I've seen seem to indicate otherwise?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 02:57 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

Oh yeah, they just love us.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 04:20 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;51444 wrote:
Define Hurt?

have a wild guess :lightbulb:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:08 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51464 wrote:
Oh yeah, they just love us.

they've done just about everything we've asked them to do, they've gone into about 3 different countries because of us.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

Fatal, the clowns that run the UN are totally useless to us. Their interest is in backing down our country on every issue that comes before them. And, yes, they do expect us to fund their operation, 100% if Bill Clinton has his way.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:39 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51488 wrote:
Fatal, the clowns that run the UN are totally useless to us. Their interest is in backing down our country on every issue that comes before them. And, yes, they do expect us to fund their operation, 100% if Bill Clinton has his way.

The went in and searched for WMDs when we asked them too, they wnt into Sudan and Somalia when we asked them to they've imposed sanctions on serveral that we've asked them to....so are they useless? No.

they may not always agree with us, but then again, most of the world doesn't.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:52 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51491 wrote:
The went in and searched for WMDs when we asked them too, they wnt into Sudan and Somalia when we asked them to they've imposed sanctions on serveral that we've asked them to....so are they useless? No.

they may not always agree with us, but then again, most of the world doesn't.

The whole search for WMDs was a farce. We announce months ahead, "Better look out Saddam, we're coming to find your WMDs". With that kind of lead time, I remain unconvinced that they were not taken out of the country and buried somewhere, most likely in Syria.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 06:00 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51500 wrote:
The whole search for WMDs was a farce. We announce months ahead, "Better look out Saddam, we're coming to find your WMDs". With that kind of lead time, I remain unconvinced that they were not taken out of the country and buried somewhere, most likely in Syria.

The first line was good,then you went downhill from then on :wtf:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51500 wrote:

...like a dictator would trust nukes to a foreign country, yeah right! Very Happy