Just being a good person is not good enough. You also need to believe.

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:22 am
@Adam Bing,
Mr. Campbell, you can not get that East Gate out of your mind can you? It is you who ignore the many contriditions in the Bible, which have been pointed out to you. I almost believe you have never even read it. You have just read parts of it over and over out of context. You do not understand that the Bible is a reflection of what all or most ancient people believed, i.e. that the Earth is flat and rested on pillows and that mental Illness is caused by evil spirits. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 03:20 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46344 wrote:
Yes you have said that about the Bible, yet your statement is not backed up by the facts. The facts you have ignored, and then you just continue to make that statement. I have read the Islamic prophecies, and as I said before, you could of made up a more detailed prophecy than their book contains. The details found in the Bible would require someone to have actually been able to see into the future. The East Gate prophecy is a perfect example. How could people in the past know that Jerusalems East Gate would be buried, and hundreds of years later non believers of the Bible would come and build a second Porch Gate on top of the Old Gate, and then the Porch Gate would be sealed up, and all attempts to open that Gate would fail. Mr. Sword has no such prophecies of that detail. Prophecies like that are only found in the Bible.

Really!? Why don't you show me the specific entries about the "Porch gate"?
Campbell34

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:01 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;46352 wrote:
Mr. Campbell, you can not get that East Gate out of your mind can you? It is you who ignore the many contriditions in the Bible, which have been pointed out to you. I almost believe you have never even read it. You have just read parts of it over and over out of context. You do not understand that the Bible is a reflection of what all or most ancient people believed, i.e. that the Earth is flat and rested on pillows and that mental Illness is caused by evil spirits. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author

The Bible states that the earth rest on nothing, it is you who has not read the written Word.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:03 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46411 wrote:
Really!? Why don't you show me the specific entries about the "Porch gate"?

I hope this link works for u. If not I will try again.

http://www.bible-history.com/gentile_court/TEMPLECOURTThe_Eastern_Gate_and_Pr...
Campbell34

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:08 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46573 wrote:
I hope this link works for u. If not I will try again.

http://www.bible-history.com/gentile_court/TEMPLECOURTThe_Eastern_Gate_and_Pr...

Well let me give it one more try.
Focus on Jerusalem~Eastern Gate in Prophecy
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:25 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46574 wrote:
Well let me give it one more try.
Focus on Jerusalem~Eastern Gate in Prophecy

why don't you give me the exact quotes?
Campbell34

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 08:09 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46575 wrote:
why don't you give me the exact quotes?

Ezekiel 44 1-3 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the (porch of that gate,) and shall go out by the way of the same.

When this prophecy was written, there was no porch Gate, and the Porch gate was not built or sealed for another 2200 years, and that was accomplished by non believers in the Bible. So the question is. How did the one's writing this prophecy know that this Porch Gate would even exist? And how did they know that it would be sealed? And how could they have known that the orginal Gate would still remain intact to have the Porch Gate built on to it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 09:35 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46595 wrote:
Ezekiel 44 1-3 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the (porch of that gate,) and shall go out by the way of the same.

When this prophecy was written, there was no porch Gate, and the Porch gate was not built or sealed for another 2200 years, and that was accomplished by non believers in the Bible. So the question is. How did the one's writing this prophecy know that this Porch Gate would even exist? And how did they know that it would be sealed? And how could they have known that the orginal Gate would still remain intact to have the Porch Gate built on to it?

You are making leaps of judgement, assuming to know what it is meant, The passage says "Gate" this could be any gate this could even be a metaphorical gate!
Campbell34

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:29 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46630 wrote:
You are making leaps of judgement, assuming to know what it is meant, The passage says "Gate" this could be any gate this could even be a metaphorical gate!

You really need to read the verse. It states, the (WAY OF THE GATE OF THE OUTWARD SANCTUARY WHICH LOOKETH TOWARD THE EAST) There is only one gate which is East of the sanctuary. And the Porch Gate is now built on top of the orginal Gate so there is no mistake here. It's just you now grasping for straws. The Jews know of the prophecy, the Islamics know of the prophecy and tried to break it twice and failed, and we Christians know of the prophecy as well. This prophecy is true, and it is evidence of the truth of the Bible. If you want evidence for the proof of the Bible, you only have to look at Jerusalems sealed East Gate.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 03:29 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46646 wrote:
You really need to read the verse. It states, the (WAY OF THE GATE OF THE OUTWARD SANCTUARY WHICH LOOKETH TOWARD THE EAST) There is only one gate which is East of the sanctuary. And the Porch Gate is now built on top of the orginal Gate so there is no mistake here. It's just you now grasping for straws. The Jews know of the prophecy, the Islamics know of the prophecy and tried to break it twice and failed, and we Christians know of the prophecy as well. This prophecy is true, and it is evidence of the truth of the Bible. If you want evidence for the proof of the Bible, you only have to look at Jerusalems sealed East Gate.

i'm pretty sure there is more than one sancutuary in all of Israel...

n., pl. -ies.

1) A sacred place, such as a church, temple, or mosque.
The holiest part of a sacred place, as the part of a Christian church around the altar.

2)A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.

3) Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
A place of refuge or asylum.

4)A reserved area in which birds and other animals, especially wild animals, are protected from hunting or molestation.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 04:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46662 wrote:
i'm pretty sure there is more than one sancutuary in all of Israel...

n., pl. -ies.

1) A sacred place, such as a church, temple, or mosque.
The holiest part of a sacred place, as the part of a Christian church around the altar.

2)A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.

3) Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
A place of refuge or asylum.

4)A reserved area in which birds and other animals, especially wild animals, are protected from hunting or molestation.

Oh Please, 2700 years ago when the prophecy was written, there was only one place on Earth were the Jews had a Temple, and a Sanctuary, and an East Gate.. And that was on Mount Moriah. You really need to study the Bible. Trying to attack it from only a human perspective does not give you much leverage.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 05:35 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46669 wrote:
Oh Please, 2700 years ago when the prophecy was written...

[SIZE="4"]HA HA HA![/SIZE]

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Please stop your killing me, your realize it's only the year 2007, your suggesting the prophecy was written in 693 BCE!???

the oldest know christo-judeo text dates from about 200 BC to 100 AD
thomascrosthwaite

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 11:20 am
@Adam Bing,
Fatal Freedom, guess you are finding out just how impossible some religious people are. I Know because my family were that way. I am now 71 years old and you can not imagine what I have lived through. Religious abuse really does hurt people because all kinds are things can be justified by it. The Catholic church justified the Spanish Inquisition and colonalization, while today evangelists fight science while claiming to teach it, and support politicians who favor the rich and work against everyone else. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46675 wrote:
[SIZE="4"]HA HA HA![/SIZE]

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Please stop your killing me, your realize it's only the year 2007, your suggesting the prophecy was written in 693 BCE!???

the oldest know christo-judeo text dates from about 200 BC to 100 AD

The Book of Ezekiel is an Old Testament Book, and even Wikipedia will tell you it was written during the Babylonian Exile, and the date they gave was actually sometime around 500 B.C.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:43 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46732 wrote:
The Book of Ezekiel is an Old Testament Book, and even Wikipedia will tell you it was written during the Babylonian Exile, and the date they gave was actually sometime around 500 B.C.

thats still 163 years difference, even so i don't think the prophecy you're talking about is in this book!
Campbell34

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 11:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46733 wrote:
thats still 163 years difference, even so i don't think the prophecy you're talking about is in this book!

Ezekiel chapter 44 verses 1 to 3. The prophecy is in the Book, and you will find it there.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:13 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;46775 wrote:
Ezekiel chapter 44 verses 1 to 3. The prophecy is in the Book, and you will find it there.

"Traditionally, the book of Ezekiel is thought to have been written in the 500s BCE during the Babylonian exile of the southern Israelite kingdom, Judah. This date is confirmed to some extent in that the author of the book of Ezekiel appears to use a dating system which was only used in the 500s BCE.[2]."
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_ezekiel

Really where in wikipedia does it say the book of ezekiel was written in 500 BCE???
Adam Bing

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:28 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
You are correct.
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 09:26 pm
@Adam Bing,
The facts as described in the New Testament scripts point to the fact that the people that now live in and occupy what we now call Israel are just as lost as the rest of the world, and are not any more chosen by God than any other "non-believer", as the true "nation of Israel" is a spiritual kingdom and resides in the truth of Jesus Christ, not on the promise of OT script as described by many in wrongly interpreting scripture. The people that failed to recognize the Lordship of Christ and His being the rightful heir to the throne of David gave up their preferred status in the eyes of God, and are just as lost as the people that missed the boat in the days of Noah. As it is written, there is only one path to salvation and that is in the truth of Christ Jesus and the salvation that rests within the structure of His Kingdom on earth, the New Testament Church of Christ. And the next time that the Lord appears it will not be to set up a literal 1000 year reign, but to bring judgment upon the world, with power, not peaceful words. And no man knows, not even the angles in Heaven, when that day will be. We should be prepared always.

Its not that difficult to understand. There is no salvation outside of Christ. Only through Jesus can men be saved-Acts4:12. Jesus is the way, the only way-John 14:6.

There is no special favor toward physical Israel. Lineage means nothing to God-Luke 3:8. What is important is the heart, not physical things such as circumcision-Romans 2:28-29. The Jews have been just as guilty of sin as the Gentiles-Romans 3:9-10. The same gospel saves both Jew and Greek-Romans 1:16.

Jews and Gentiles have been brought into one body. Reconciled into one body-Ephesians 2:11-18. The past mystery has been revealed-Ephesians 3:6. There is only one body (Ephesians 4:4), and that body is the church-Ephesians 1:22-23.

Equality in the body. All were condemned under sin, so that belief could become the standard-Galatians 3:22. The law, which created the nation of Israel, was only until the Seed should come (Galatians 3:19). That seed is Christ-Galatians 3:16. The law preserved people until Christ came and then the law ended-Galatians 3:24-25. Now in Christ we are all one-Galatians 3:25-28. Thus by belief---not physical lineage--we become descendants of Abraham-Galatians 3:29. Hence, in writing to the churches of Galatia (Galatians 1:2-3), Paul pronounces blessings upon the Israel of God-Galatians 6:15-16.

The parable of the vineyard-Matthew 21:33-46. Notice what Jesus said. Because the Jews would kill God's Son, the kingdom would be taken from them-Matthew 21:45. The Pharisees understood the parable was about them-Matthew 21:45.

Did Paul say the Jews, as a nation, would be restored to God's favor? Was Israel completely rejected? Paul argues no, as he is living proof that some have been accepted-Romans 11:1. God has always had a faithful core of believers-Romans 11:2-4. That has continued to the time of Paul- Romans 11:5-7. Notice that the elect now has God's favor or grace. It is Christians who are the elect-1 Peter 1:1-2, Colossians 3:12, 2 Timothy 2:10. Thus the remnant of Israel are those who became a part of the election of God in the Church.

The fall of the majority of Israel was necessary in order to bring in the Gentiles-Romans 11:8-11. But if their fall was hard, their return, if it happens, will be all that more glorious-Romans 11:12-15.

The allegory of the branches. Some not all, of the branches were broken off-Romans 11:16-18. They were broken off because of unbelief-Romans 11:19-20. God treats the grafted branches (the Gentiles) and the natural branches (the Jews) equally-Romans 11:21-24. Unbelief brings removal. Belief brings reinstatement-even for the Jews who were broken off.

The mystery is that even Jews can be saved-Romans 11:25-27. They are enemies, but concerning the election they can be beloved-Romans 11:28. God's gifts are given equally. They cannot be revoked for one group-Romans11:29. God condemned all that were under sin so that all can be shown mercy in the same way-Romans 11:30-32.

Thus Paul said that not all Jews were lost at the changing of the covenant (from the OT to the NT), because some through faith switched over to the church. The fall of the majority though, showed their sins and allowed God to show equal treatment by accepting only those who believed, whether they were Gentile or Jew. Nowhere does Paul relegate this conversion of the Jews to the distant future. Nor does he state that their conversion is connected with Jesus' second coming. Nowhere does Paul say it would be a complete conversion (all of physical Israel). He does state that salvation was only if they believed and was converted. Nowhere does Paul state that God will ignore the Gentiles and focus only on the Jews.

Can modern Israel be saved? Yes, certainly. By the same means we all are saved. Galatians 3:25-29. IF YE BE CHRIST'S, THEN ARE YE ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 04:34 pm
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;46853 wrote:
The facts as described in the New Testament scripts point to the fact that the people that now live in and occupy what we now call Israel are just as lost as the rest of the world, and are not any more chosen by God than any other "non-believer.

i find it funny that you use the prophecies of the old testament and yet don't believe the parts that say the jews are the choosen people, it's almost like you are picking and choosing what parts you want to believe

similar to how there are 16 books that didn't make it into the bible yet the bible itself makes references to the books that are excluded and how were the books to be included into the bible choosen?? A VOTE OF HANDS...as if popular oppinion defines truth....