"How The Towers Fell"

hatukazi

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:10 pm
@socalgolfguy,
blowback is the result of intervening in other countries affairs for the last 50 odd years and when they finally get fed up and attack us, we dont want to understand why they actually did it.

when I say the Govt. had a hand in the attacks, I dont believe they planted explosives or any of that nonsence, but we've been training/arming arabs (like OBL & S.Hussein)to do our dirty work for us for a very long time all the while trying to exploit their resources.

this tends to pi$$ people off and give them a reason to twist their religious works to create zealots who attack innocent civialians without questioning how on earth that will change the policies they have issue with.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:27 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;51074 wrote:
blowback is the result of intervening in other countries affairs for the last 50 odd years and when they finally get fed up and attack us, we dont want to understand why they actually did it.

when I say the Govt. had a hand in the attacks, I dont believe they planted explosives or any of that nonsence, but we've been training/arming arabs (like OBL & S.Hussein)to do our dirty work for us for a very long time all the while trying to exploit their resources.

this tends to pi$$ people off and give them a reason to twist their religious works to create zealots who attack innocent civialians without questioning how on earth that will change the policies they have issue with.

Glad to see you agree that the government did not have a direct hand in 9/11. To claim what you did is like blaming General Motors for a lunatic that intentionally kills a pedestrian with his Chevrolet. As for exploitation of resources, correct me if I am wrong, but did we not create the wealth in those countries, and have we not paid in full with more than money for the right to PURCHASE oil? If not for us, the USA, they would still be roaming the deserts as a rudderless band of nomads. I am no fan of government, dem or repub, but I refuse to kick our country when times are tough and aid those that would do us harm. If we could keep our infighting to ourselves, we would be far better off.
hatukazi

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:42 pm
@socalgolfguy,
I think the "infighting" should be made public.

We have a history of supporting both sides of a conflict for the profits of a selct few, just look at how Dick Cheney has banked off Iraq in the last few years.

There is too great a profit for unscrupulous people (like a lot of politicians)
in secrets and war.

the secrets are causing us to fight amongst ourselves, if our Govt. had a strict policy of operating above the table, these vacuums in information couldn't lead to "conspiracy theories" and the HUGE influx of information (most of it wrong or out of context) that no one person can hope to filter the truth out of.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:50 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;51077 wrote:
I think the "infighting" should be made public.

We have a history of supporting both sides of a conflict for the profits of a selct few, just look at how Dick Cheney has banked off Iraq in the last few years.

There is too great a profit for unscrupulous people (like a lot of politicians)
in secrets and war.

the secrets are causing us to fight amongst ourselves, if our Govt. had a strict policy of operating above the table, these vacuums in information couldn't lead to "conspiracy theories" and the HUGE influx of information (most of it wrong or out of context) that no one person can hope to filter the truth out of.

I agree, I suppose, but I just cannot see any benefit in allowing our enemies uncontrolled access to our black eyes. If half the country is against you, no matter what side your on, they will use every negative comment to polarize us further and feed civil unrest. Hell, I don't even want my neighbors to know what I am up to much less my enemies.

To you, it seems to me, the trade off is worth it. As long as you get what you want, the cost does not matter.
hatukazi

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:51 pm
@socalgolfguy,
We have groups attacking our civilians, of the 3000 victims of that attack, how many of them do you suppose had anything to do with our occupation of Saudi Arabia? 10? 25?

If we keep all of our foriegn policy above board we wont have nearly the enemies we have now.

secretly financing Bin laden to fight the russians for us is wrong, how many American people would have voted for that?

how many Americans would have voted to give Saddam chemical weapons to fight the Iranians?

do you think the Iranians have forgotten?

our congress is too easily influenced by the money that comes from military contracts, since "we" vote to support hostile nations fighting each other so "we" can make profits from conflict, extremist gruops think its ok to kill "us" because "our" actions caused hate,discontent and death in their region.

the sad part is that "we" didn't even know what was going on.
0 Replies