Palin coming out in the wash

g-man

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 08:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64112 wrote:
And what do you suggest? Should we lower our standards an ethics so they are on par with our enemies? The fact that we may treat our enemies with basic human rights, a treatment they do not afford us, makes our pursuit all the more noble...yet you wish to tarnish this by acting in the same way our enemies do? How then would we be better than them?

"An eye for an eye, leaves the whole world blind"
-Gandhi

Where do you get the idea that my preference would be to "act like our enemy" from something I've said? Your accusation exposes the absurd lengths that the left is willing to crawl to paint others as cruel if they disagree with leftist agendas.
I will feed you position will however. I see no point in concerning myself with the rights, comfort or welfare of people who were captured on the field of battle with no distinguishable uniform and whose targets were and will once again be American soldiers or civilians in other conditions. No, I don't give a damn about how America is viewed or judged by anyone who's interest is not the right of Americans to survive and prosper.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 04:13 am
@g-man,
g-man;64357 wrote:

I will feed you position will however. I see no point in concerning myself with the rights, comfort or welfare of people who were captured on the field of battle with no distinguishable uniform and whose targets were and will once again be American soldiers or civilians in other conditions. No, I don't give a damn about how America is viewed or judged by anyone who's interest is not the right of Americans to survive and prosper.

You sound like a damned fool.
Part of having honor, means treating our enemies as they would not treat you. When we do that, then it will be clear who the righteous truly is, there will be no question. Fight as a monster and you become a monster. Not caring how others view us is part of what got us into this mess, usually the wicked do not care how others view them, which is why they've become wicked. Do you think Al Qaeda cares how the world thinks of them? We cannot be a force of justice if we act like bloodthirsty barbarians. How you "feel" about our enemies does not matter the least, your 'feelings' don't mean a damn thing. We treat them with basic human rights no matter how anyone feels about them. How do you think history would be different if people where only treated the way their captors "felt"? Have a bit of common sense, and don't let your emotions get in the way of doing the right thing.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:43 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64371 wrote:
Have a bit of common sense, and don't let your emotions get in the way of doing the right thing.

That's called being a liberal.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 08:46 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;64386 wrote:
That's called being a liberal.

I disagree, Liberals are just as prone to these type of mistakes as republicans are.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 09:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64398 wrote:
I disagree, Liberals are just as prone to these type of mistakes as republicans are.

Liberal =! democrat.
0 Replies

NotHereForLong

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 02:43 am
@Sabz5150,
"Anybody who really believes the governor of Alaska is as stupid and naive as the press has made her out to be might just be as stupid and naive as they have assumed her to be."

The press may have played a small part, but she mostly did it to herself. No one asked her to create a fool of herself in news interviews by being woefully unprepared, completely ignorant of the issues, and trying to avoid every single question she was asked; nor did anyone make her play an "aw shucks" hick caracature on the campaign trail.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 03:16 am
@NotHereForLong,
NotHereForLong;64408 wrote:
"Anybody who really believes the governor of Alaska is as stupid and naive as the press has made her out to be might just be as stupid and naive as they have assumed her to be."

The press may have played a small part, but she mostly did it to herself. No one asked her to create a fool of herself in news interviews by being woefully unprepared, completely ignorant of the issues, and trying to avoid every single question she was asked; nor did anyone make her play an "aw shucks" hick caracature on the campaign trail.

Well, being...

Quote:
woefully unprepared

Quote:
completely ignorant of the issues

and

Quote:
trying to avoid every single question she was asked

adds up to a whole lot of stupid and naive. Somebody like that would be flat out destructive to this country if allowed to lead it. That is NOT what we need.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 10:17 am
@NotHereForLong,
NotHereForLong;64408 wrote:

According to whom?
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:33 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64371 wrote:

1. You sound like a damned fool.
Part of having honor, means treating our enemies as they would not treat you. When we do that, then it will be clear who the righteous truly is, there will be no question. Fight as a monster and you become a monster.
2. Not caring how others view us is part of what got us into this mess, usually the wicked do not care how others view them, which is why they've become wicked.
3. Do you think Al Qaeda cares how the world thinks of them? We cannot be a force of justice if we act like bloodthirsty barbarians. How you "feel" about our enemies does not matter the least, your 'feelings' don't mean a damn thing. We treat them with basic human rights no matter how anyone feels about them.
4. How do you think history would be different if people where only treated the way their captors "felt"? Have a bit of common sense, and don't let your emotions get in the way of doing the right thing.

1. You seem to think that I want to slaughter the prisoners. No, I simply realize that they are not criminals whose "rights" are a consideration. They are combatants who are to be confined until the war is complete or they are dead. Which ever comes first. To release them is to give strength to the enemy. They should be treated with as much respect as they afford the guards who guard them.
2. BS. What got us into what? Battle with those who kill our people?
A good ass kicking makes others "think" should we attack these people? They have not attacked us since 9-11-2001. No civilian casualties in America. Too busy fighting soldiers well prepared for the battle.
3. Have we beheaded any of them? Have we videoed their deaths for manipulative purposes? Besides, why do we care what the world thinks? What have they done to deserve our concern for their opinion?
I don't mean that as they are unworthy of our consideration. I mean, seriously, what in their histories makes them worthy of the seat of judgment?
America makes a lot of mistakes. But as in our jobs, the only ones who make mistakes, are the ones who actually do things.
4. I've had my war. Not as a prisoner. But have been around as prisoners were marched by. They were never treated poorly. Nor well. Piss on them. Before they were captured, they were killing my guys. Me too if they could've. If you don't think that has a personal effect, you didn't watch PFC J.Wilson die in Phu Bi. And a bunch others I didn't personally know. The fight isn't a video game. It matters in your heart if you're there.
Throughout history, prisoners have been treated according to the emotions of their captors. Read some history before you hold America to absurd standards such as exist for those murdering bastards at Gitmo.
When released, they are re-engaging our soldiers. Only fools release captives of combat before the war ends.
0 Replies