Sex Ed was never the right's forte

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:35 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59520 wrote:

I totally disagree with sex ed on a whole anyway. Look at the stats since it has been introduces. Sexual activity has run rampant and kids that believe in absintence until marriage are made fun of on national tv! Case in point - the Jonas Brothers on Sunday night!

I have seen nothing on TV where "abstinence until marriage" was mocked, but i don't necessarily agree with it. The issue is about sexual responsibility which can be maintain regardless and sometimes even contrary to abstinence.
westernmom

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 11:52 pm
@Sabz5150,
Russell Brand on the MTV Awards last week was making fun of the Jonas Brothers for wearing promise rings.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 11:32 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59943 wrote:
Russell Brand on the MTV Awards last week was making fun of the Jonas Brothers for wearing promise rings.

Someone doesn't need to wear "promise rings" to be abstinent.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59913 wrote:
I have seen nothing on TV where "abstinence until marriage" was mocked, but i don't necessarily agree with it. The issue is about sexual responsibility which can be maintain regardless and sometimes even contrary to abstinence.

That's what it's really about... responsibility. Does it matter if a couple is abstinent or if they are sexually active using protection? As long as a child isn't brought into this world unwanted, what's the difference?
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 11:57 pm
@Sabz5150,
I can't even jump back in because we are now going to spin off to abortion issues and other things.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:59 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60006 wrote:
I can't even jump back in because we are now going to spin off to abortion issues and other things.

Not me. This is about sex education and sexual activity between our youth. Abortion is a different subject.

Dunno where you got the whole abortion idea.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:27 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60006 wrote:

No this is about sex ed, i promise you this won't go onto abortion...i will use my moderator powers to make sure this thread stays on topic (sex ed).
0 Replies