Barack Obama: Gaffe machine

westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:44 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59442 wrote:
You are a good godfaring christian aren't you,yet you really have a problem with food stamps,let them f8ckiing starve :thumbdown:

"Wow, such language...

No, no one should starve. Food stamps were created for people who were destitute. Not people who could go to private schools.

We have food banks and plenty of charitable organizations to help people that are really starving.

Get off of it Scoob. Or are you one of those collecting the welfare checks and cashing in food stamps? Maybe the mark is too close to home.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:45 am
@DiversityDriven,
Oh, two weeks ago I set up a program for a business owned by my boss to collect cans of food for our local food bank. We are making a haul for the food bank. What have you done lately?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:55 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59443 wrote:
It's how you handle your wealth that makes you elitist...

Cindy McCain is well-known for her humanitarian works. Michelle is well-known for whining about paying back her student loans to ivy league colleges and how hard she has it.

Cindy Mcain was born with a silver spoon in her mouth,just like George Bush was,do you think he would have got anywhere near the white house if it wasn't for his daddy :lightbulb:
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:57 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59446 wrote:
Oh, two weeks ago I set up a program for a business owned by my boss to collect cans of food for our local food bank. We are making a haul for the food bank. What have you done lately?

Nothing comes close to that,you are my hero,what i do believe in is a National Health Service for the richest country in the world and not to slate people on food stamps while gloryfying a convicted felon.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:10 am
@DiversityDriven,
No thanks to national health care. Been there done that. Lived in Alberta for 7 years and have seen first hand what it's like.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:28 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59455 wrote:
No thanks to national health care. Been there done that. Lived in Alberta for 7 years and have seen first hand what it's like.

50 million americans without healthcare,i will take ur NHS even with all its problems any day of the week.

Your a good christian aren't you ? what about those 50 million with no insurance,im an athiest :eek: who seems to care more about those 50 million than you.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:53 am
@DiversityDriven,
It's rather funny but here in the States a man who doesn't have a job, an unwed mother, or an illegal immigrant can all go to the doctor or dentist and get great health care and I pay for it!

Why is it that Canadians flock to the US to get good health care? I have friends in Alberta that often come down here to stay with us so they can go to the doctor!

Oh, and how much is your tax rate?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:58 am
@DiversityDriven,
Heah scoob, mom asked "What have you done lately?" You think big for 50 million, but all it is is thinking, when you gonna do something about it? What's your plan, offer more taxes?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:07 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59464 wrote:
It's rather funny but here in the States a man who doesn't have a job, an unwed mother, or an illegal immigrant can all go to the doctor or dentist and get great health care and I pay for it!

Why is it that Canadians flock to the US to get good health care? I have friends in Alberta that often come down here to stay with us so they can go to the doctor!

Oh, and how much is your tax rate?

So all these illegals and layabouts,who hve a serious illness don't have to pay for long term treatment ?

It weird you saying canadiens are coming to the US for treatment,yet americans are going to mexico and canada for cheaper drugs.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:11 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59466 wrote:
Heah scoob, mom asked "What have you done lately?" You think big for 50 million, but all it is is thinking, when you gonna do something about it? What's your plan, offer more taxes?

I pay taxes that go towards our NHS,thats how it works over here,how much would it cost for knee ligament surgery if you had no health insurance in the US ?
westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:39 am
@DiversityDriven,
That's the point - we are paying for everyone that needs it through medicare and medicaid.

Your figures are exaggerated as well - it's 47 million and 12 million are illegals and they have first rate treatment when needed!

Health care is a major discussion around here. I don't know what the answer is but I know that a universal health care plan is a huge vacumn cleaner that sucks the taxes out of hard working citizens.

The doctors under UHC have a hard time because they can go elsewhere and make more money for less work.

Patients wait months for appointments. Quality goes out the window.

I want a good tax break for paying for my own health care. I want a choice in what doctor, hospital, etc I go to. I want my taxes lower, not higher so that I can pay for guy to go in and have his tattoo's removed!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59470 wrote:
I pay taxes that go towards our NHS,thats how it works over here,how much would it cost for knee ligament surgery if you had no health insurance in the US ?
Quote:
I pay taxes that go towards our NHS,thats how it works over here

Yes i know, but taxes is all you do. Without taxes you probably wouldn't contribute anything. As i said before you akin taxes to charity.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 02:51 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59507 wrote:
Yes i know, but taxes is all you do. Without taxes you probably wouldn't contribute anything. As i said before you akin taxes to charity.

But here in the UK we know and accept that our taxes are going to help fund the NHS,and the vast majority of the people accept that,even the conservative party know it would be political suicide to scrap the NHS.
0 Replies