Barack Obama: Gaffe machine

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:26 pm
And the left likes talking about Bush's oration.

Michelle Malkin Barack Obama: Gaffe machine
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,768 • Replies: 32
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:55 am
@DiversityDriven,
MCcain dosen't know how many homes he owns :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 08:43 pm
@DiversityDriven,
McCain doesn't need to know how many homes he owns.
Most homes are investment properties and are owned by Mrs. McCain and her family.
McCain did not state that he did not know how many homes he owned, he simply stated that he would have his staff answer the question.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:17 am
@g-man,
g-man;58889 wrote:
McCain doesn't need to know how many homes he owns.
Most homes are investment properties and are owned by Mrs. McCain and her family.
McCain did not state that he did not know how many homes he owned, he simply stated that he would have his staff answer the question.

How many homes do you own ?

Do you want to think about it for a while,get your staff to check it out ?
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
@DiversityDriven,
My staff says it's no foreigners business.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:02 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;58952 wrote:
My staff says it's no foreigners business.

I wasn't asking you,so your staff don't have to answer this this "difficult question"
Drnaline

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:43 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;58955 wrote:
I wasn't asking you,so your staff don't have to answer this this "difficult question"
Do i have to be asked? You certainly don't, so in your bussybodybrityness i think i'm doing just fine.
RED DEVIL cv

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 01:31 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;58904 wrote:
How many homes do you own ?

Do you want to think about it for a while,get your staff to check it out ?

Thus, according to liberalism, being successful is a handi-cap, and having so much investment property that one has to have a staff investigate just how much property is owned is presented as a FAULT? Let me be so fault ridden.

If it were not for the taxes paid by such successful men, just how would the democrats continue to buy the support of those they hold at bay with the so called war on poverty that has spent 11 trillion dollars on the supposed war on poverty with the national poverty level remaining virtually static....I do believe that its time to declare defeat and allow the next generation to climb out from the basement of society where they are perpetually being held hostage by the carrot dangling just out of reach. The only way for anyone to become un-impoverished is to let go of the government tit and depend upon the sweat their brow instead of depending on the sweat of their neighbors brow and the overtime worked them to simply help pay the taxes. Does anyone really believe that the liberal politicians have the best interest of the poor in their stated position? What they really like is a steadfast base for their party and the power that comes from distributing OTHER PEOPLES MONEY. After all what is 11 trillion, if it keeps your base static and you in power? (RD)

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:29 am
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;59120 wrote:
Thus, according to liberalism, being successful is a handi-cap, and having so much investment property that one has to have a staff investigate just how much property is owned is presented as a FAULT? Let me be so fault ridden.

If it were not for the taxes paid by such successful men, just how would the democrats continue to buy the support of those they hold at bay with the so called war on poverty that has spent 11 trillion dollars on the supposed war on poverty with the national poverty level remaining virtually static....I do believe that its time to declare defeat and allow the next generation to climb out from the basement of society where they are perpetually being held hostage by the carrot dangling just out of reach. The only way for anyone to become un-impoverished is to let go of the government tit and depend upon the sweat their brow instead of depending on the sweat of their neighbors brow and the overtime worked them to simply help pay the taxes. Does anyone really believe that the liberal politicians have the best interest of the poor in their stated position? What they really like is a steadfast base for their party and the power that comes from distributing OTHER PEOPLES MONEY. After all what is 11 trillion, if it keeps your base static and you in power? (RD)

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts

It was a simple questtion and McCain didn't know ! is demetia setting in ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:33 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59118 wrote:
Do i have to be asked? You certainly don't, so in your bussybodybrityness i think i'm doing just fine.

Its not about you :lightbulb: Mccain was asked a simple question,how many homes do you own and he didnt know,he should have at least had a guess Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:24 am
@DiversityDriven,
I didn't say it was about me. But you should bet your facts straight. This is Mc Cains quote when asked how many homes he owned.
Quote:
"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

He didn't have to guess but he did give an answer.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
@Drnaline,
YouTube - Help John McCain Count His Houses!
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:06 am
@DiversityDriven,
I happened to be in Florida on the Space Coast when McCain was there and referred to the ISS as the "International Space Shuttle".

Hilarious.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:02 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59131 wrote:
It was a simple questtion and McCain didn't know ! is demetia setting in ?

I know this is an older post but it wasn't a simple question. I have a friend who has a financial advisor who invests in new home developments for him. He would have no clue how many homes he owns!

My dad used to flip homes all of the time and they were constantly buying and selling in not only Idaho but surrounding states. They weren't fancy or expensive but they were homes and so he probably didn't always know how many he owned.

We build spec houses (really stupid right now!) and have several homes in our name but we don't live in them.

So it can be a tricky question if you have investments in property. Of course that's what us repubs do - invest in our future so we don't have to live on the government.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:05 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59426 wrote:
I know this is an older post but it wasn't a simple question. I have a friend who has a financial advisor who invests in new home developments for him. He would have no clue how many homes he owns!

My dad used to flip homes all of the time and they were constantly buying and selling in not only Idaho but surrounding states. They weren't fancy or expensive but they were homes and so he probably didn't always know how many he owned.

We build spec houses (really stupid right now!) and have several homes in our name but we don't live in them.

So it can be a tricky question if you have investments in property. Of course that's what us repubs do - invest in our future so we don't have to live on the government.

Okay it was a tricky question ! did you call Obama an elitist on another thread by any chance :ban:
westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:29 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59430 wrote:
Okay it was a tricky question ! did you call Obama an elitist on another thread by any chance :ban:

Why would our small business make us elitist? My dad quit school at 17 in the 40's and went into the service, came home and went back into farming. We lived in a grainery at one time! As I was growing up it was get up in the morning, move pipe, feed calves, ride the bus 26 miles to school, back home and do chores. We recycled clothes, shoes, etc. I never had a new dress until I was in the 4th grade. I owned one bike. It was all blood, sweat and tears to make it. We cleared sagebrush to even farm. There were times without electricity and running water when we were developing new farm ground.

But, he was smart and lived frugally and invested his money into old houses that they would clean, fix up and re-sell and then re-invest again. My mom never expected a new car, new house, fancy clothes, jewelry, or anything else.

And then... when they got to the point in their life where they could afford whatever they needed, they loaded up a camper and went down into the mountains of Mexico to help poor Mexican families build houses, road, dig wells, etc. They did this for 7 years until mom got cancer.

No elitist here.
westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:30 am
@DiversityDriven,
Oh, and by the way, when mom died I didn't get a penny! Dad is still alive but has been to Guatamala and other places helping people so won't be surprized if he wills it to some medical center or something!
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:36 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59436 wrote:
Why would our small business make us elitist? My dad quit school at 17 in the 40's and went into the service, came home and went back into farming. We lived in a grainery at one time! As I was growing up it was get up in the morning, move pipe, feed calves, ride the bus 26 miles to school, back home and do chores. We recycled clothes, shoes, etc. I never had a new dress until I was in the 4th grade. I owned one bike. It was all blood, sweat and tears to make it. We cleared sagebrush to even farm. There were times without electricity and running water when we were developing new farm ground.

But, he was smart and lived frugally and invested his money into old houses that they would clean, fix up and re-sell and then re-invest again. My mom never expected a new car, new house, fancy clothes, jewelry, or anything else.

And then... when they got to the point in their life where they could afford whatever they needed, they loaded up a camper and went down into the mountains of Mexico to help poor Mexican families build houses, road, dig wells, etc. They did this for 7 years until mom got cancer.

No elitist here.

You accused Obama of being elitist on another thread,is Mccain not elitist,he is far wealthier than Obama ?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:40 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59437 wrote:
Oh, and by the way, when mom died I didn't get a penny! Dad is still alive but has been to Guatamala and other places helping people so won't be surprized if he wills it to some medical center or something!

You are a good godfaring christian aren't you,yet you really have a problem with food stamps,let them f8ckiing starve :thumbdown:
westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:40 am
@DiversityDriven,
It's how you handle your wealth that makes you elitist...

Cindy McCain is well-known for her humanitarian works. Michelle is well-known for whining about paying back her student loans to ivy league colleges and how hard she has it.