Ex- U.S. General: Iraq a 'Nightmare'

mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:17 pm
FOXNews.com - Ex- U.S. General: Iraq a 'Nightmare' - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Opppps power outage. tim eto go before the the battery goes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,980 • Replies: 26
No top replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:10 am
@mlurp,
Here's a decent piece on it: Fed Up American: Former General Says "Iraq is fucked"

What a surprise that its on my blog.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:59 am
@FedUpAmerican,
The military needs to be given a voice in actions like this war, [SIZE="3"]Prior [/SIZE]to its beginning.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 09:55 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41424 wrote:
Here's a decent piece on it: Fed Up American: Former General Says "Iraq is ***ed"

What a surprise that its on my blog.

What? We're supposed to be surprised at what we already knew? And this coming from a top guy 'on the ground'! Wonder if it'll resonate...or be downplayed by the administration....you know with the surge and all toning down all the violence in Baghdad.....we can look elsewhere...like Iran, for stirring up more trouble...hell, bout high time we dealt with those sand n......, ain't it?
Come on, can't I get an amen?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 09:58 am
@wvpeach,
goood to see such a high-ranking official come out with the truth "NIGHTMARE"
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:02 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41431 wrote:
What? We're supposed to be surprised at what we already knew? And this coming from a top guy 'on the ground'! Wonder if it'll resonate...or be downplayed by the administration....you know with the surge and all toning down all the violence in Baghdad.....we can look elsewhere...like Iran, for stirring up more trouble...hell, bout high time we dealt with those sand n......, ain't it?
Come on, can't I get an amen?

Yeh i hope right-wing republicans take notice of what the General has said,and get the f**k out of the middle-east.
mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:28 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Well I hope each of you get your wishes. cause I don't doubt some of them diaper heads will stop if we come home or where we really should be in Afghanistan. It won't end with us leaving. And all the Iraq citizens that did anything to help in any fashion will be killed. Nurse, doctors, police, soldiers, paper pushers etc., etc. And their families. Just for trying to help freedom come to their country. And the Shiites will sure get the sunnies. Not that I am for war. But life I am for. And those people will pay the price while we will become the blame for that too. Like the general said, nightmare! we can't win either way. But if your for letting all who had hope die so be it. If your for us becoming the blame so be it. Remember we are just sharing our opinions these simple people are sharing their lives and only because we are there now!
But heck we Americans are are considered selfish and inconsiderate already in the world opinion. Besides other names.
So sure aaronssongs here is your A-men.
Now who has the plans for us to get out while being shot and rocketed on the airstrips?
I can't believe not one of you read the generals statement that we can't leave now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet my first words in my post were to that effect. But why except selfish Americans to understand the simple facts.
And this to me anyway, just proves that not one of you believe by voting there will be change. So I think now you agree with me on that issue too! Oh how I hate being right. I really insituation do hate being right. Because I to want this to end and have our troops where they are needed, our boarders our ports and where the war on terror is at the moment. But Homeland Security is taking care of tha tfor us right? looool
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;41438 wrote:
Well I hope each of you get your wishes. cause I don't doubt some of them diaper heads will stop if we come home or where we really should be in Afghanistan. It won't end with us leaving. And all the Iraq citizens that did anything to help in any fashion will be killed. Nurse, doctors, police, soldiers, paper pushers etc., etc. And their families. Just for trying to help freedom come to their country. And the Shiites will sure get the sunnies. Not that I am for war. But life I am for. And those people will pay the price while we will become the blame for that too. Like the general said, nightmare! we can't win either way. But if your for letting all who had hope die so be it. If your for us becoming the blame so be it. Remember we are just sharing our opinions these simple people are sharing their lives and only because we are there now!
But heck we Americans are are considered selfish and inconsiderate already in the world opinion. Besides other names.
Now who has the plans for us to get out while being shot and rocketed on the airstrips?
I can't believe not one of you read the generals statement that we can't leave now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why except selfish Americans to understand the simple facts.
And this to me anyway, just proves that not one of you believe by voting there will be change. So I think now you agree with me on that issue too! Oh how I hate being right.

Of course we can get out right now....or we can just postpone the inevitable...the milk cannot be unspilled. We have set into motion events which have to play out...it cannot be avoided...there will be a civil war, and an eventual "victor", with whom we will have to deal with...it's largely because of our misadventures that we are at this crossroads. But take responsibility for our actions, misdeeds, and faux pas??????? Please. That would be too much like right. Better to throw up our hands, place them on the sides of our cheeks, and scream like "Home Alone", and point fingers, elsewhere, as to the cause and the lack of resolution....History repeats itself, and nothing is ever learned...and I wouldn't blame God one bit for giving up on us...because we are so stupid. human beings.
mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:39 am
@aaronssongs,
Is that an agreement to my post or?
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:40 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;41441 wrote:
Is that an agreement to my post or?

I guess so....mostly, venting.
mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:03 pm
@aaronssongs,
I understand i am at a loss myself. Iwant it to end. but I want the mission to be done correctly. I knew when they said this isn't another Viet-nam (one of the first guys there was Bush's mirco manger) it was going to be a sad affair.
But as I have always said we need to deal with the facts as they are not as we would like them to be.
I agree it is surly a mess and beyond me to figure out. And the generals and troops what can they do but to obey orders. Even knowing that mirco manager of Bush's was doing the foolish things to make it a complete mess before this general got there. And I am sure every one after him would agree even General Peteraus, but he can't say that yet.
These guys started out with a goal like you me and every American to retire without worries. So why except them to just blow their lifes work and say no to Bush. Each has tried to deal with the situation as it is. They have from 120,000 to 160,000 men under their commmand, they care and do their best.
Which one of you would throw out your retirement because you don't agree with the boss? Put your family at risk because you think it should be this way or that?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:27 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;41430 wrote:
The military needs to be given a voice in actions like this war, [SIZE="3"]Prior [/SIZE]to its beginning.

No, not really. The military is a tool in the arsenal of America, not a policy maker. What we need are responsible leaders.
mlurp

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:39 pm
@92b16vx,
TRUE! but how when there are behind the scenes unelected elitest and up front Big Business with fist ful of $ causing the few good men/woman to either go along or be pushed behind. Then there is the senior Senator or Conngressmen who have been there to long to know the truth if it bit them.
Nor do they care about anything but the next election and getting the pork home at what ever cost. And lining their pockets all the time.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 02:47 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41438 wrote:
I can't believe not one of you read the generals statement that we can't leave now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet my first words in my post were to that effect. But why except selfish Americans to understand the simple facts.
And this to me anyway, just proves that not one of you believe by voting there will be change. So I think now you agree with me on that issue too! Oh how I hate being right. I really insituation do hate being right. Because I to want this to end and have our troops where they are needed, our boarders our ports and where the war on terror is at the moment. But Homeland Security is taking care of tha tfor us right? looool

I thought that you put your life on the line to give those "diaper heads" democracy.

You mean to tell me that Americas efforts are in vain?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 02:56 pm
@mlurp,
while he's a subject matter expert on ground conditions during his time hasn't been on the ground during the surge. He cannot speak wisely on current conditions
92b16vx

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 03:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41464 wrote:
while he's a subject matter expert on ground conditions during his time hasn't been on the ground during the surge. He cannot speak wisely on current conditions

Yet you've never even set foot in the middle east and think what you think of the situation from news reports is worth anything? lol
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 03:53 pm
@mlurp,
In Silverchilds defense, he DOES watch Faux News.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 05:17 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41468 wrote:
In Silverchilds defense, he DOES watch Faux News.

Well, there you go!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 06:31 pm
@92b16vx,
The generals said they needed more troops . Rumsfield and Bush disagreed. if I recall they fired generals for not towing their party line at the beginning of the war. If the pentagon says it needs 200K to control something it should be given 200K and men in fancy suits should not second guess them.

92b16vx;41449 wrote:
No, not really. The military is a tool in the arsenal of America, not a policy maker. What we need are responsible leaders.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:58 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41467 wrote:
Yet you've never even set foot in the middle east and think what you think of the situation from news reports is worth anything? lol

the only voice on the matter I pay any head to is Gen Patreyas, a man who even had the Democrats support. Right up until his efforts highlighted the fact that the war is still winnable

The libertarians of this board site unverifiable civilan body counts and consepracy theory. My ear is well placed with a man who currently spends his days on the gournd there

come to think of it, while you yourself were on the ground there, you haven't been their youself since the surge. Am I right?