Rice: Iran 'Lying' About Aim of Nuke Program

mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:21 pm
FOXNews.com - Rice: Iran 'Lying' About Aim of Nuke Program - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,675 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:25 pm
@mlurp,
Iran lying about it's Nuke program?

nawww!

I'm sure they just want it for peaceful reasons. Why they'd never think of building a bomb, and even if they did they certinaly wouldn't use it to destroy Israel. I mean they've stated Israel's destruction is in their foriegn policy, but I'm sure they didn't MEAN IT. They aren't any threat to Israel....

and I'm voting for Ron Paul!

/sarcasim
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
Again we agree Iran's government isn't a threat to anyone but itself. loool
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:02 am
@mlurp,
You people that sell your freedom to fear peddlers are a wicked weird bunch.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:00 am
@mlurp,
I dont really think this is fear peddling, it's the truth

you have to look no farther then the Iranian General who runs Iran's nuke program to know they have warheads in mind. Considering they claim their goals include the destruction of Israel, who they've called "a one bomb country" I would say the reality is that they are a threat.

there's a big difference between bowing to fear and refusing to stick your thumbs in your ears and look the other way
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:40 am
@mlurp,
So what is it, they are liars, or are they telling the truth and there's no homosexuals in Iran? It's be really nice if you supporters of another preemptive war could get your stories straight before condoning the killing of hundreds of thousands of civilians in a country that has not attacked America. Lapping up the neocon sock puppets vomit is a disgusting trait. I guess you people that like to pick and choose your information to support your warmongering agenda are disreguarding the fact that Israel already HAS nuclear weapons, and a entire population of trained military. If Iran attacked them, Iran would be destroyed before we could oraganize a response.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:43 am
@mlurp,
or more likely Iran's attack would cement a M.A.D. senerio between the two, de-railing the world economy, sparking WWIII, and encasing us in nuclear winter ensuring the death of not thousands but millions of civilians

a three day air campagn against Iran to knock back it's nuclear efforts and remind them to stay out of Iraq is a much better option IMO
Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:45 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41202 wrote:
Iran lying about it's Nuke program?

nawww!

I'm sure they just want it for peaceful reasons. Why they'd never think of building a bomb, and even if they did they certinaly wouldn't use it to destroy Israel. I mean they've stated Israel's destruction is in their foriegn policy, but I'm sure they didn't MEAN IT. They aren't any threat to Israel....

and I'm voting for Ron Paul!

/sarcasim

Israel has nuclear weapons, a modern Air Force, and a mechanized army, they can take care of themselves. Iran is not our problem.

You are advocating war against a country that has not attacked the United States. This flies in the face of the US Constitution (which provides for a DEFENSE), international law, and basic human decency. You have yet to provide one scrap of evidence that Iran is developing a nuclear weapon, or that they would have the capability of delivering such a weapon if they were to deveop it. You're making **** up.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41284 wrote:
or more likely Iran's attack would cement a M.A.D. senerio between the two, de-railing the world economy, sparking WWIII, and encasing us in nuclear winter ensuring the death of not thousands but millions of civilians

a three day air campagn against Iran to knock back it's nuclear efforts and remind them to stay out of Iraq is a much better option IMO

MAD scenarios never play out because no party wants to be destroyed, even if they do take their enemy with them. The US and USSR had THOUSANDS of nuclear weapons aimed at one another for over 40 years, and yet, here we are. You are fear-mongering, and as usual, you have no evidence to back up your claims.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:50 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41286 wrote:
MAD scenarios never play out because no party wants to be destroyed, even if they do take their enemy with them.

again the Ron Paul logic train derails at the curve of the Pre-9/11 mindset

why don't you ask a radical suicide "Islamic" martyr if a m.a.d. scenario is acceptable?
Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:52 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41287 wrote:

why don't you ask a radical suicide "Islamic" martyr if a m.a.d. scenario is acceptable?

You mean the martyr who DOES NOT have access to nuclear weapons technology, or any military equipment whatsoever? Do you think ALL muslims are blood-thirsty martyr wannabes?
92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:58 am
@Silverchild79,

Haha, nothing to back up your fear/warmongering, so you try the Ron Paul trump card? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"pre-9/11 mindset" is a sockpuppet weekly bullet. Someone regurgatated it in earshot, now neocon war/fearmongers toss it around like it means something. We should all just lay down and give up our rights, and become a prememptive warring nation because of fear of the xmus.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:00 am
@Silverchild79,

Further, terrorists existed before 9/11, and so did nuclear weapons, so why weren't we attacked with nuclear weapons on 9/11?

9/11 changed nothing except the degree to which Americans are willing to submit to flawed logic and restricted freedom. If somebody hates you, and one day punches you in the nose, the only thing that changes is your perception of that person. They still hate you, and they stil have fists. They don't magically obtain guns after they hit you.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:00 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41288 wrote:
You mean the martyr who DOES NOT have access to nuclear weapons technology, or any military equipment whatsoever? Do you think ALL muslims are blood-thirsty martyr wannabes?

no I think when a country says it's goals include the destruction of their neighbor, while they are developing a nuclear technology via a program headed up by their military, while they are already providing arms to terrorists who would kill themselves to hurt the children of their enemies it actually does constitute a threat. don't you?
92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:06 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41291 wrote:
no I think when a country says it's goals include the destruction of their neighbor, while they are developing a nuclear technology via a program headed up by their military, while they are already providing arms to terrorists who would kill themselves to hurt the children of their enemies it actually does constitute a threat. don't you?

Not to America. Israel are all grown up now, and have quite the amazing military, the IDF is insane, and guess what? their whole population has served, and trained. It is not our job to make sure Israel gets tucked in at night, nor the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:07 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41291 wrote:

Nope. Iran is surrounded by US forces, which have already demonstrated a willingness to invade sovereign nations and has expressed a desire to invade Iran, their sabre-rattling is NORMAL. You project strength to avoid conflict. They are pursuing nuclear energy because it allows them to be independent of others for energy and will provide them with adequate energy to power their rapidly growing economy. YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT IRAN IS SEEKING NUCLEAR WEAPONS. NONE.

Vladimir Putin, a man once of the KGB and FSB has told the world he believes the US is exaggerating the threat posed by Iran. Putin is known for his frank honesty, and has 70%+ approval ratings in Russia, so I trust he and his advisors have their act together. On the other hand, the same people telling us Iran wants nukes are the same people who told us Saddam was a serious threat.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:16 am
@mlurp,
again the fact that Iran's nuclear program is run by the military, and not their depatment of energy speaks volumes

and Puten is also known for being a freedom repressing, anti american member of the KGB, who's military has recenlty had to be escouted out of American airspace
Freeman15

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:31 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41295 wrote:
again the fact that Iran's nuclear program is run by the military, and not their depatment of energy speaks volumes

and Puten is also known for being a freedom repressing, anti american member of the KGB, who's military has recenlty had to be escouted out of American airspace

The military of most other developing nations handles most of their scientific development, since generally the most highly technically skilled individuals are IN the military. You still haven't provided evidence of nuclear arms development.

Putin is a nationalist, so yes, he supports Russia's interests over our's, go figure. He however is in more danger from a nuclear Iran than we are, since Chechnya is right on his doorstep, and Iran has close ties to the autocratic regimes in Turkmenistan and Tajikistan, both former SFSR's.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:54 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41281 wrote:
So what is it, they are liars, or are they telling the truth and there's no homosexuals in Iran? It's be really nice if you supporters of another preemptive war could get your stories straight before condoning the killing of hundreds of thousands of civilians in a country that has not attacked America. Lapping up the neocon sock puppets vomit is a disgusting trait. I guess you people that like to pick and choose your information to support your warmongering agenda are disreguarding the fact that Israel already HAS nuclear weapons, and a entire population of trained military. If Iran attacked them, Iran would be destroyed before we could oraganize a response.

Wait a minute yoiu can group me in your dumb fear group or anything but I am not for more war! I am for us getting out of Iraq. And if these is a war on terror then fight it where it is Afghanistan. But that isn't saying we have to go to war with Iran. Yes I believe the Iranian government isn't looking out for the best for it's people. And they are a bunch of nut cases. But so our own government in that same boat as far as I am concerned.
But don't make me out as a war monger. I have seen war up front and direct. I don't care for it, don't like what it does to the grunts or the civilians. So back off with that war monger title. Call others what you like but omit me in this class! Thank you.
All I ever said was Bush has plans to attack Iran! That isn't supporting anything. Please keep this in mind when posting any future war monger post, pleae!
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 12:01 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41293 wrote:
Nope. Iran is surrounded by US forces, which have already demonstrated a willingness to invade sovereign nations and has expressed a desire to invade Iran, their sabre-rattling is NORMAL. You project strength to avoid conflict. They are pursuing nuclear energy because it allows them to be independent of others for energy and will provide them with adequate energy to power their rapidly growing economy. YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT IRAN IS SEEKING NUCLEAR WEAPONS. NONE.

Vladimir Putin, a man once of the KGB and FSB has told the world he believes the US is exaggerating the threat posed by Iran. Putin is known for his frank honesty, and has 70%+ approval ratings in Russia, so I trust he and his advisors have their act together. On the other hand, the same people telling us Iran wants nukes are the same people who told us Saddam was a serious threat.

And the World want no more nuclear energy programs by any nation that doesn't ahear to nato plans of reducing the weaponds. They want to make them for sure freeman15 and what they have said is enough proof that they will! Plus many middle east natioons fear Iran getting nukes beside us.
Your the one who needs to open your eyes and remove your finger from your ears. But I don't think America has the right to invade or bomb anyone!
The world body can decide what if anything must be done.