Only in BOULDER, Colo.

mako cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:29 pm
@mlurp,
Why yes it is...but how can a non-believer to be considered an enemy of the country just because he/she is a non-believer? After all the constitution of this country guarentees them the right not to believe or to believe - their choice. Although I am not an Atheist or Agnostic by any means, I have known more truly moral Atheists and Agnostics than I have moral Christians. Not an attack on the religion, just a personal observation. The non-believers, not believing in an afterlife, tend to pay more attention to this life. :patriot:
mlurp

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 04:44 pm
@mako cv,
Did I suggest anything about a non believer? Where are you going with this?
man say one thing to add to the discussion and get slappped with B.S........... mako I guess I was wrong and have no reason to continue with this thread. go ahead and run it into the ground but leave me out of it. thank you and do have a nice evening.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:25 am
@mlurp,
Quote:
Did I suggest anything about a non believer? Where are you going with this?
mlurp

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 01:49 pm
@mako cv,
No my point was children when I grew up were seen and not heard from, unless asked to talk. And that authority was in charge not the child. That is all I was pointing out. Now please let me out of this discussion. I asked nicely, so do honor my request.
I can't help any further with this discussion. I said all I can. I would like to move on, please! With sugar coatings and sprinkles on top.

I have nothing else to add nor will I respond to any other replies on this thread.
My Thanks to all whom have shared their thoughts and given this thread so much life. But IMHO it is all talked out. at least from my point of view. Anyone else might like to carry it forward and please do so. I have nothing else to add. My point has been stretched beyond what I said in post # 1.
Again thanks to all for your thoughts on this topic. carry on and enjoy.
mako cv

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 01:56 pm
@mlurp,
Sorry, you asked where I was going with that and I answered...I do not recall holding a revolver to your head and forcing you to post an answer...besides which, prior to that I was having a conversation with three other members. :patriot:
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:01 pm
@mako cv,
Sorry mako, it is just that I see it as a simple thing. I must have not known you were sharing with others , my mistake. besides I got this in an e-mail last night. Some poll on which might relate to this thread.
But i don't think my original point was as you described it. Or at least I never meant it be taken that way.

I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC.
NBC POLL

Do you believe in God?

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance
14% against

That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't .

Now it is your turn . . It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such A mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Why is the world catering to this 14%?

AMEN!

If you agree, pass this on , if not, simply delete

In God We Trust
i don't think much of polls myself (no I am not a Bushie) I'm not what he believes in.
Just thought I would post it and let others deal with it. Again sorry to have taken it personel.
mako cv

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:59 pm
@mlurp,
Believe it or not, I don't really have too much umbrage with the term as long as folks understand that the God mentioned is a "generic" God...I.E. a "Insert the name of your god here" type of In God We Trust. Too often it is naturally assumed that it is the Christian God being refered to. As a Deist, I trust in the Creator...our name for God..not the same creator as yours... But heck yes, I will forward that to my fellow Deists and even to some of my Jewish and Christian friends...:patriot:
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:41 pm
@mako cv,
Glad to hear that mako.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:45 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41163 wrote:
Sorry mako, it is just that I see it as a simple thing. I must have not known you were sharing with others , my mistake. besides I got this in an e-mail last night. Some poll on which might relate to this thread.
But i don't think my original point was as you described it. Or at least I never meant it be taken that way.

I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC.
NBC POLL

Do you believe in God?

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance
14% against

That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't .

Now it is your turn . . It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such A mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Why is the world catering to this 14%?

AMEN!

If you agree, pass this on , if not, simply delete

In God We Trust
i don't think much of polls myself (no I am not a Bushie) I'm not what he believes in.
Just thought I would post it and let others deal with it. Again sorry to have taken it personel.

This spam email is somewhat misleading. True there was a poll that found 86% of respondants said that the phrase should not be removed. But it goes onto say 86% of Americans say they believe in god is untrue, there never was a poll asking if they believed in god, only if the phrase should be removed or not.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: NBC Belief in God Poll
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:52 pm
@92b16vx,
Ok it was misleading. But it seems that MSNBC also had 2 poles asking the same thing with out the "do you believe in God" And 80% still responded yes keep it. Now to my small mind it makes me think at least one of those voting in al three polls believes in God. Maybe the same person. lol But I have seen polls where it was asked if you believe in God, and there were more who did than didn't who answered the poll. But how true are polls? The President doesn't care for them. I really think if it were to really matter every person must answer the poll for it to be real. But I just posted it for the fact this thread is about. Not to say whom believes in God. By your link 80% say it should stay in the pledge and on our money, right? So no matter what, it supports this thread. Or am I wrong on that too?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:22 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41195 wrote:
Ok it was misleading. But it seems that MSNBC also had 2 poles asking the same thing with out the "do you believe in God" And 80% still responded yes keep it. Now to my small mind it makes me think at least one of those voting in al three polls believes in God. Maybe the same person. lol But I have seen polls where it was asked if you believe in God, and there were more who did than didn't who answered the poll. But how true are polls? The President doesn't care for them. I really think if it were to really matter every person must answer the poll for it to be real. But I just posted it for the fact this thread is about. Not to say whom believes in God. By your link 80% say it should stay in the pledge and on our money, right? So no matter what, it supports this thread. Or am I wrong on that too?

Shiva? Budda? Allah? Anguta? Estanatlehi? Christians god? Zeus? God is a very subjective term.
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:44 pm
@92b16vx,
Come on the pledge is about the God, America likes or did back in the 1950's.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:06 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41205 wrote:
Come on the pledge is about the God, America likes or did back in the 1950's.

The point is that there's a lot of people in America that worship something other than the christian god. Any poll that ask if you believe in god, or if the word god should stay, doesn't mean one particular deity, as people of all religions say it, and think their god is the way. Literaly translated allah means god. Unfortunately in the fifties those in charge of indoctrination thought that we should indoctrinate our children even further, and even those that didn't believe, or believed differently.
mlurp

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 04:22 pm
@92b16vx,
FOXNews.com - Superbug Scare: Virginia District's Schools Scrubbed; Teen Not First to Succumb to Deadly Infection - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News
And more will be posted in a new thread.
0 Replies