Only in BOULDER, Colo.

mlurp

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:30 pm
@mlurp,
Man you guys can run a thread into the ground till you find molted material. looool
And you really believe your saying something useful! ROTFL
Freeman15

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:33 pm
@mlurp,
Didn't you start this thread?
tvsej

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:40 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40004 wrote:
When I was in school it read:

I pledge allegiance
to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the republic
for which it stands
One Nation, Indivisible, with Liberty, and Justice, for ALL.

The original was:

“I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands: one Nation indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.”

I pledge allegiance
to the flag
and to the republic
for which it stands
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty, and Justice, for ALL.

That was what it was when I went to school in Florida in the 70's and 80's. Funny how it changed since my school days I hadn't noticed.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:52 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40271 wrote:
Exactly. We used to raise all kinds of hell when we were kids, drinking, fighting, flipping the finger at "The Man". We had a walk out when tehy passed the "No Pass, No Play" rule, and got rid of D's. Kids, will be kids. At least these kids took a stand against something political, hell, most kids couldn't find Nebraska on a US map.

"most kids could't find Nebraska on a US map" they must take that off the president,i think he has great trouble with maps.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:05 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;40314 wrote:
I pledge allegiance
to the flag
and to the republic
for which it stands
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty, and Justice, for ALL.

That was what it was when I went to school in Florida in the 70's and 80's. Funny how it changed since my school days I hadn't noticed.

Same as me Smile I never thought anything of it till I saw when they officially changed it.
mako cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:35 am
@92b16vx,
Quote:

Well, when I was going to school in the late 40s to middle 50s we said it this way:
I pledge allegiance
to the flag
and to the republic
for which it stands
One Nation, Indivisible, with Liberty, and Justice, for ALL.
Then some idiots decided to push religion on everyone whether they wanted it or not and added "Under God"...didn't make us school kids happy, having to remember to add those words, but the government said to do it, so we did.

When you were going to school, I had been serving our country for over a decade or so. :patriot:
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:39 am
@92b16vx,
Is there any other time that we say the pledge other than in school? I don't ever remember doing so other than there, where else? Military?
As for changing it, I had no idea about that happening. Why did they change it I wonder, political correctness?
Young people interested in their surrounding more than sex, drugs, and music pleases me. I had never a thought about any issue as such when I was in High School, it was always about "where is the party tonight and who is going to be there".
I was in my early 20's and in college before paying attention to more than that. Different generation I guess, Carter, Regan, Bush Senior and Clinton Era for me.
I still remember seeing Ford crying on TV when Carter took office, I was sad to see an older man crying like that I was maybe 6.
tvsej

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:48 am
@tvsej,
My parents were both Reganites and my dad was a Fighter Pilot in WWII. I had older parents than other kids.
Thank you for defending our Country Mako.
mako cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 08:28 am
@tvsej,
Quote:
Is there any other time that we say the pledge other than in school? I don't ever remember doing so other than there, where else? Military?
Quote:
As for changing it, I had no idea about that happening. Why did they change it I wonder, political correctness?
Quote:
it was always about "where is the party tonight and who is going to be there".
Quote:
Different generation I guess, Carter, Regan, Bush Senior and Clinton Era for me.
Quote:
My parents were both Reganites and my dad was a Fighter Pilot in WWII
Quote:
I had older parents than other kids.
tvsej

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 08:40 am
@mako cv,
Thank you for the explanations, I appreciate it.
That is an interesting subject, not finding anywhere else we say the Pledge. I will dig around to find something.

The drugs bother me too, being an ex-cop it was most of what I had to deal with. Some people just have no borders.
mako cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 09:01 am
@tvsej,
Agreed...that is the one thing that bothers me the most...of course, I came from the biggest "druggie" generation of all - the Hippie generation - it bothered me then and bothers me now - still most of our young are wise enough to not touch them and most of the others are moderate or occassional users - it is the meth/coke/horse addicts that are the main problem and the source of much of our crime! It I could actually talk to the Creator and ask a favor, I think that is the one favor I would ask of him - get rid of drugs and wars. :patriot:
mlurp

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:06 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40317 wrote:
"most kids could't find Nebraska on a US map" they must take that off the president,i think he has great trouble with maps.

Awww my fear a nation of graduating lil Bush's. lol
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:08 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40301 wrote:
Didn't you start this thread?

you noticed! And i have said all that I care to on the subject. Please continue.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:59 am
@mako cv,
mako;40349 wrote:
Agreed...that is the one thing that bothers me the most...of course, I came from the biggest "druggie" generation of all - the Hippie generation - it bothered me then and bothers me now - still most of our young are wise enough to not touch them and most of the others are moderate or occassional users - it is the meth/coke/horse addicts that are the main problem and the source of much of our crime! It I could actually talk to the Creator and ask a favor, I think that is the one favor I would ask of him - get rid of drugs and wars. :patriot:

That would be a fine request, I have to agree. I have an awsome son age 19 he does not smoke cigs, or do any drugs, he has had a few beers a time or two with his buddies but under supervision and everyone stayed or was driven home by us. All in all he is a great kid, he is in college and has a good head on his shoulders, I consider myself blessed.

Yeah, the Hippie generation was all about sex drugs and rock, not to mention the Kults that were around at the same time. Jim Jones , the crazy Indish guy Ra....? Don't know his name right now and so many more. Real crazies like Charles Manson. That was a hell of time, I was born in 69, glad I missed it, the 80's were tough enough with the temptation of drugs for youth.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:50 am
@tvsej,
never really got caught up in the drug scene,although most of my mates were drug users,did try it,just wasnt for me,
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 12:00 pm
@mlurp,
Users are losers.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40781 wrote:
Users are losers.

im sure they're are a lot of very successful people who were drug users in their time,so not all are losers,its how far you take it.
mako cv

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 11:22 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Quote:
I have an awsome son age 19 he does not smoke cigs, or do any drugs
Quote:
Users are losers.
im sure they're are a lot of very successful people who were drug users in their time,so not all are losers,its how far you take it.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 12:19 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40784 wrote:

I've known more than a couple successful potheads, but have never known any of my junkie friends to be successful at anything more than scoring dope.
mlurp

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:58 pm
@92b16vx,
Same here 92b16vx.
And I was wrong to say I can't add to this thread and glad it continued that post was sour of me and I apologize.

mako to quote:I can’t think of any other time or place either…anyone that can is welcome to speak up…As for the military, no we have oaths that we take, oaths in which we pledge to protect the Constitution, the People, the government and to obey the dictates of the President and the military authorities. End quote,
Isn't part of that oath to also defend this country from enemies from with in the country?
It was so long ago that I took it. But I do recall it including something like that.