Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:13 am
Here is another Independent candidate for president that I will be interviewing on my blogtalk show.

His views are not so to the right as John Booties and he is launching his campaign mostly using the power of the internet.

He will appear on my show Nov. 4

I will post more as I learn more about him and OF COURSE, I will remind everyone here when showtime nears.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,209 • Replies: 10
No top replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:27 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Steve Adams will be my guest this weekend. Here's his stance on some issues.

Abortion
Though I know many well intentioned people will disagree with me, I believe that life begins at conception. Therefore abortion should not be used for birth control, gender selection, or anything short of a life threatening emergency. Partial birth abortion is particularly horrible and should be banned.

Two comments or questions pop up whenever this topic is discussed.

First is the assumption that I do not support "women's rights". This is far from true. I recognize the agonizing decisions that can be involved and the struggles of life vs. life. I simply believe that the children too are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life..."*

Second is the question of appointing Supreme Court nominees. The answer is no, I will not have a "litmus test" of a pro-life judge. Overturning Roe v. Wade is not my goal. I will look for the best qualified judge who will interpret the constitution and not rewrite it.

*The Declaration of Independence

Affirmative Action
When it comes to jobs, it matters what is on your resume, not what label you wear or has been assigned to you by society. The best person should always get the job. I believe in equal access to jobs without regard for race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or perceived disability, or any other unlawful reason. For that reason; discrimination, quotas, or restrictions of any kind in the workplace must not be tolerated. I support laws to prosecute any discrimination and do not support any programs that divide us rather than unite us. Jobs can not be a black thing, a white thing, a man thing, or a woman thing... it must be an American thing.

I would echo the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. when he said, "I have a dream my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by content of their character." When should this take place? As Dr. King said, we are faced with the "fierce urgency of now... it would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment..."*

I am required by my current job to attend yearly Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action meetings where potential problems are discussed. One example was a white male picking on another white male, making discouraging remarks about his manner of dress. The commentator said it was not a crime because the white male was not a member of a protected group, implying that abuse on one class of citizen is fine, but not on another. This can not be the case.

I realize there is a history of racism, sexism, and other bias that created the need for Affirmative Action. In those areas where people are still affected by that history, the indicator of need for assistance should be a measure of economy or education, not by color. Remove the race and gender factors and we are back to "the best person always gets the job."

The same logic should apply to education and scholarships that are in any way funded by the government. They must be colorblind. When it comes to private scholarships, people can offer money to whomever they want. My wife received a scholarship for being a descendant of a French Hugonaut. My brother received a scholarship from "Smiling Grandmothers". To this day, we don't know why. But as for government grants and loans, they must be purely need based.

*I Have a Dream address delivered before the Lincoln Memorial, Washington, August 28, 1963.

Balanced Budget / Deficit Spending / Taxes
Immediately balance the budget; stop deficit spending; and stop adding to the debt.
Reduce federal spending.
Replace federal income tax with national sales tax to fully pay for valid federal spending and pay down the debt.
I am required to keep my checkbook in balance; because if my bills did not get paid, there would be trouble. There is no reason that the United States Government should not be held to the same standard. Smart spending and smart taxation are required.

I believe in smaller government, not bigger; one that is fiscally responsible. We will have to take a hard look at what government spending is critical and beneficial, and what is not. I believe in letting Americans keep as much money from their paychecks as possible to drive the economy. I support a FairTax plan* such as the one currently being discussed in Congress (HR 25//S 1025) described here - a tax code that is so simple that my 13 year old son can explain it to you.

There are a dizzying amount of terms and concepts to be weighed in this discussion including national debt, public debt, taxation vs. borrowing (savings bonds and Treasury bills), and who owns what. Not being an economist, I can't answer every question now. But why not put the brilliant minds of American economists to work? Ask the experts to help find a solution to solve today's problems. That is what I will do.

*From Americans For Fair Taxation: FairTax.org
What is the FairTax plan?
The FairTax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll taxes with an integrated approach including a national retail sales tax, a rebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar revenue neutrality, and the repeal of the 16th Amendment. This non-partisan legislation (HR 25/S 1025) abolishes all federal personal, gift, estate, capital gains, alternative minimum, Social Security, Medicare, self-employment, and corporate taxes and replaces them all with one simple, visible, federal retail sales tax – collected by existing state sales tax authorities. The FairTax taxes us only on what we choose to spend, not on what we earn. It does not raise any more or less revenue; it is designed to be revenue neutral. So it is also cost neutral – the final cost for goods and services changes little under the FairTax. The FairTax is a fair, efficient, transparent, and intelligent solution to the frustration and inequity of our current tax system.
What is Americans For Fair Taxation (FairTax.org)?
FairTax.org is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization dedicated to replacing the current tax system. The organization has hundreds of thousands of members and volunteers nationwide. Its plan supports sound economic research, education of citizens and community leaders, and grassroots mobilization efforts. For more information visit their web page: Americans For Fair Taxation: FairTax.org or call 1-800-FAIRTAX.

Capital Punishment
Capital Punishment has always been a topic of debate in politics. I support capital punishment because in some cases, the sad truth is that some people have acted so terribly that they cannot be trusted with the lives of others again. In some instances where there is no hope for rehabilitation, these offenders are a danger in the fact that they would be very likely to commit violent acts again upon release, or there is a distinct likeliness that they would escape prison.

Education
Having two children in school and working with youth for years has shown me that the measurement of teachers and schools has become burdensome to the point of interfering with education. In some cases, children are taught to pass tests, not to learn. Teachers are instructed to improve test scores by doing "whatever it takes." We receive notes sent home during testing periods to encourage us to send snacks and make sure our kids get adequate rest during these testing times. The lack of emphasis on the rest of the school year is revealing.

Measurement must be a part of education, but we already have grades and graduation. These can be falsified, at the expense of our children, but some better way of measuring schools and their success must be put in place.

I do not have the entire answer today. I promised I would not claim to be an expert in every arena. But I will consult with educators at every level, from the teachers in the classrooms to principals, to city and state coordinators; and we will find a better solution.

Energy / Environment
My energy plan would be complete independence from foreign sources - mostly oil - and that will help the environment as well by reducing polution.

We must all do our part. My wife drives a gas/electric hybrid vehicle. I ride a gas efficient motorcycle when possible. I support the move to hybrid vehicles for those who can afford to, but you can not punish people who have no recourse.

One proposed alternative fuel is ethanol. The distribution of ethanol as well as steps to increase the majority of vehicles to handle more than 10% ethanol is not easy.

I prefer to support electric use. Electricity can be generated by wind, geothermal, nuclear or emerging technologies. Build electric or electric hybrid cars and we will be well suited for the future.

Convert houses/business to electric heat/energy use as well to wean them off oil or natural gas. Reduction of our dependence on foreign oil has the positive side effects of lessening the power of troubled Middle Eastern countries and lowering greenhouse gas emission as well.

Electoral College / Gerrymandering / Every Vote Must Count
People do not vote in our country because they feel disenfranchised. They feel like their vote doesn’t count. We have had a President not elected by the popular vote, but elected by the Electoral College. We have elected officials that win because their party is in power in a state and can draw voting districts to keep them winning.

Remove the outdated Electoral College which was put into place as a safeguard against the common man.

Prohibit gerrymandering - the drawing of voting district boundaries to unfairly aid one party. This gives the party that is in power, the ability to draw lines for voting districts so they will win.

Gun Control
I am the owner of several hand guns. I have also purchased several other firearms over the course of my life. Kentucky law has changed many times over the years. I have purchased weapons with and without background checks as well as with and without a waiting period. The firearms I have purchased are for self & home defense and target shooting. I carry a Concealed Deadly Weapons License after completing the proper training.

I support sensible gun control. A person has the right to defend themselves and their family. But I have no problems with background checks or a waiting period to help make sure guns are owned by responsible people. I firmly believe these are not attacks on the second ammendment, but are an effort to improve safety for our law enforcement officials and each other.

Immigration
Every border and port must be made secure using a combination of fences/obstacles, technology, and manpower. No amnesty should be granted to those who chose to break the law, no matter how long they have broken it. Employers should be legally liable for illegal aliens working without proper documentation.

The FairTax has a nice side effect in that spending by illegal aliens would now be taxed where today their wages are not.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 06:20 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
[SIZE="3"]STEVE ADAM'S PLATFORM:[/SIZE]

Abortion
Adams is pro-life, believing that children are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life...". However, unlike John McCain, Duncan Hunter, and Sam Brownback, he is not looking for an overturn of Roe v. Wade. He would like judges to interpret the laws, not change them.

Capital Punishment
Adams supports Capital Punishment. He believes that certain people have committed such horrific crimes that they can not be trusted with people again.

Education
Adams admits that he has no direct answer for it, but he is against the overwhelming testing systems in schools. He believes that there should be a way to teach children without the focus on standardized tests that interfere with actual learning.

Energy
Adams' plan would be to eliminate the dependence on foreign oil. He favors electricity as an alternative/hybrid fuel source, while acknowledging the economic factors making this switch will be difficult.

Immigration
Adams is clear that every square inch of the border should be closed to illegals. He believes that no amnesty should be allowed, and that legal immigration should be protected.

Marriage National Defense
Adams believes in strong, yet limited national defense. He wishes to have a respectable amount of able troops within the U.S.A.'s borders. However Adams is ready to bring the troops home from the War in Iraq. Adams believes that the media and politicians don't tell the full truth about the war. He believes that the United States has done their part, and must come home.

Separation of Church and State
Adams believes in separation of church and state, yet believes it is not yet part of the United State's legal system as people believe. "Many people like to quote the phrase "separation of church and state", thinking that it comes from the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or some such document. In fact it comes from a letter (available from the Library of Congress) from Thomas Jefferson to three Baptist gentlemen in Connecticut in 1802 and is not part of our legal system."
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 09:09 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Ha!!!!!!!:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:25 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Great contribution pinhead
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:38 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;47395 wrote:
Great contribution pinhead

Post registered as a personal attack.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:40 am
@FedUpAmerican,
<yawn> crybaby
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:56 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;47407 wrote:
<yawn> crybaby

Grow up. Is this how you act on public radio? I doubt it.:no:
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:07 am
@FedUpAmerican,
You're telling ME to grow up yet YOU'RE the one crying to the principal?

ROFL!!!
0 Replies

FedUpsBack

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:11 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I'm a mod flamming asshat
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:28 pm
@FedUpsBack,
FedUpsBack;47514 wrote:
I'm a mod flamming asshat

I'll buy 'asshat'. Yeah....you are.:happybirthday: