• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,324 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:02 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Well it don't look like your working today. Some American worker. Or are you moonlighting on the side?
Since when are, are military not workers?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:03 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34509 wrote:

Everything he said was true and right. AQ must be destroyed.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
bush created the AQ monster.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:04 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
After Sklinton couldn't handle the job and gave the hand off.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:41 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Bush is panning to axe you, FUA. Duck.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 08:57 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I would love for him to give it a shot. Unfortunately that will never happen. He's WAY too much of a coward.
crackface mcgee

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:09 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34656 wrote:
He's WAY too much of a coward.

Oh yeah, he's total chicken sh!t. Would never go against the grain to stand up for his beliefs. Again, FUA.....all credibility lost with one sentence. BTW, it's Labor Day, not Opposite Day!
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
@FedUpAmerican,
How ironic a republican would mention credibility.

Something they know nothing of.

At least most of them anyway. As far as bush goes, his credibility was destroyed about 7 years ago.
crackface mcgee

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 07:19 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34703 wrote:
As far as bush goes, his credibility was destroyed about 7 years ago.

And yours was destroyed in your first post.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 07:30 am
@FedUpAmerican,
yeah-yeah-yeah. Whatever.

Thanks for YOUR OPINION though.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 11:30 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
i agree with a lot of your post, except in particular the last part.

IS it governments' job to make safe work places? I mean, sure, a safe environment is always great... but if you sign on to be a miner, or walk the steel beam 100 stories up, there's certain known risks to the job long before you even get your first paycheck.
Jobs like these pay well for that very reason-- no one would risk their lives for minimum wage.... but they might for tripple or quadruple minimum wage.

look at the ice road truckers series that was on history channel these past few months. in 60 days, some of these guys brought in 50 grand.
you can't TOUCH that money being a regular trucker in double triple or even quadruple the time.
BUT, in addition to a possible accident, you might freeze to death or fall through the ice. That's the gamble they sign on for.
the ice road highway has rules for speed and weight and inspect the roads, to make it as safe as possible...
is it the gov'ts job to do the same thing?

all it does is cost me and you - the tax payer - more money to MAYBE save a couple lives.

What could the gov't do to prevent the earthquake that caused the mine collapse?

nothing but cost us more money.

**** happens. people die every day.
i could die in my commute.
i could fall over backwards in my office chair and hit my head on the wall and crack my skull open.

do i really need a gov't official to put me in a nascar HANS device while i type?

no. i ACCEPT that if i lean back to far, i may fall over and crack my head open. That's a risk I signed up for when i took my office job.

You being a DJ around all kinds of electricity could get shocked from the mixing board at any given time and fry you.

whats a gov't official to do to prevent that?

nothing but cost me more money.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 06:52 am
@FedUpAmerican,
I prefer the term "radio personallity" over DJ. I know it's like custodial engineer over janitor, but there is some truth to it. A DJ spins music. The only music I play on my show is my opening theme. Very Happy

I know what you're saying. I personally despise government involvement in things like helmet laws for motorcycles and seat belt laws, but it IS necessary (to a point) in food and pharmacutical matters.

Where do we draw the line though?

The gov is deep in my pockets too and for things I don't agree with. Like the illegal occupation of Iraq. I think my money would be better spent for programs in my America.

Thank you for an intelligent and well written post. That seems a bit rare around here lately.
crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34893 wrote:

Thank you for an intelligent and well written post. That seems a bit rare around here lately.

This from the one who responded to a post yesterday with something like "pull your head out of your ass and PAY ATTENTION"
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 07:57 am
@FedUpAmerican,
What's the matter bubba? Truth hurt?

I responded in the same manner I was addressed. Get over it.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:20 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Truth doesn't hurt me. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in your pious response.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:26 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Duh, OK.

Anything else???

Wouldn't you want to repond in an intelligent manner as briansol has done?

Do you want me to apologize first?

OK, I apologize. Now how about something intelligent.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:00 am
@FedUpAmerican,
OK, here you go:

Lately however, it is the American worker that seems to be suffering the brunt of these sluggish economic times

Sluggish economic times? The economy strong, and unemployment rates are low. Recent years have included sluggish economic times. Can you acknowledge the upswing in the last 3-4 years?

It is the American worker that must take on two jobs and work on holidays to make ends meet and feed the family.

Americans make the most money and save the least. The standard of living is ridiculously high for most Americans. I believe this is why many are taking on two jobs...because they are buying what they cannot afford.

From the very beginning of the Bush Administration U.S. companies have lobbied Congress and President Bush extensively to obtain greater freedom in hiring cheaper foreign technology workers via H-1B and L1 visa programs. Concurrently, U.S. companies have also been busy relocating many technology jobs offshore to India and China where salaries are a fraction of U.S.-base technology salaries and where there is no health insurance cost because the governments of those countries provide social health care for their citizens.

Offshoring is a not a Republican thing or a Bush thing, it is a capitalism thing. Globalization of business is what companies must do now to remain competitive. My company did not move to "offshoring", it was started with an onsite/offshore model. Much of the development is and always was done in India. This allows us to be competitive and successful, enables us to gain more business in the U.S., and in turn, hire more U.S. employees for the customer-facing roles. Again, not a bad thing, not a Bush thing, not a Republican thing. Thankfully, voters saw right through John Kerry's lame attempts to make this a partisan issue in 2004.

Last year 25% of the American workforce did not take a vacation and fewer still took a week off from their job. American workers receive the least vacation time among wealthy industrial nations. And it is no thanks to our government. One hundred and twenty seven other countries in the world have a vacation law.

Guess what! We agree on something. Americans do not get enough vacation time, and I would fully support a vacation law. Has such a bill been introduced? If so, please give me the details.

Safety is also a concern on the job for the American worker. There were a couple of coal mine accidents this month that made the news and lives have been lost. Despite the enormous loss of lives and millions of serious injuries and illness caused by workplace hazards, the Bush administration continues to blatantly disregard its legal obligation to curtail the needless dying and suffering, by simply raising workplace standards.

Safety is a concern. Disasters such as coal mine and bridge collapses are symptoms of decades of sub-standard maintenance. Blame Bush, blame Congress...but to be fair, spread the blame over the leaders for the last 3 decades at least. The problems did not begin in January 2001.
Crito

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:11 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Enforcement of antitrust law is what's needed for America to remain competitive. Unfortunately that hasn't been done since Taft was president. Huge bureaucracies are a much bigger problem than the millions of Americans who can't earn a living wage, last estimate being 35 MILLION people in this country at or below the poverty level.

TechsUnite.org - IT news and IT worker resources
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:17 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;34921 wrote:
OK, here you go:

Sluggish economic times? The economy strong, and unemployment rates are low. Recent years have included sluggish economic times. Can you acknowledge the upswing in the last 3-4 years?

No I can't. The economy being strong is a skewed statistic because the economy is being fueled by 1) escalating fuel prices and 2) record credit card debt. People are spending more yes, but are going deep in debt to do it.

Quote:

Americans make the most money and save the least. The standard of living is ridiculously high for most Americans. I believe this is why many are taking on two jobs...because they are buying what they cannot afford.

True that.

Quote:

Offshoring is a not a Republican thing or a Bush thing, it is a capitalism thing. Globalization of business is what companies must do now to remain competitive. My company did not move to "offshoring", it was started with an onsite/offshore model. Much of the development is and always was done in India. This allows us to be competitive and successful, enables us to gain more business in the U.S., and in turn, hire more U.S. employees for the customer-facing roles. Again, not a bad thing, not a Bush thing, not a Republican thing. Thankfully, voters saw right through John Kerry's lame attempts to make this a partisan issue in 2004.

Kerry was a joke of a candidate.

Offshoring may not be just a bush thing but it has increased dramatically since he took office. I don't know the exact numbers but I (or anyone I guess) could look it up if interested.

Quote:

Guess what! We agree on something. Americans do not get enough vacation time, and I would fully support a vacation law. Has such a bill been introduced? If so, please give me the details.

There is not one that I know of.

Quote:

Safety is a concern. Disasters such as coal mine and bridge collapses are symptoms of decades of sub-standard maintenance. Blame Bush, blame Congress...but to be fair, spread the blame over the leaders for the last 3 decades at least. The problems did not begin in January 2001.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame bush for everything. Just magnifying the problem that HAS been going on for as you say decades.

Thank you crackface for a thought provoking post. We actually agree on quite a bit. Now, COME TO THE DARKSIDE......BWAHAHAHAHA! :headbang: