Illegals doing us a favor

Crito

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 02:12 pm
Mexicans are doing the jobs Americans don't want: picking vegetables and picking up garbage. It's the LEGAL immigrants coming over on H1B visas that are taking the good jobs.

News: IT Industry News - WashTech.org, Washington Alliance of Technology Workers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,642 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 02:26 pm
@Crito,
It's still illegal. If you don't think it's right then maybe we should change the laws, but that doesn't mean we should pick and choose which laws to enforce.
Crito

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 02:43 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Right and wrong isn't determined by the law. Making Rosa Parks sit in the back of the bus was wrong regardless of the law that she broke.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 02:45 pm
@Crito,
In fact, this country was founded by people who broke unjust laws. The Boston Tea Party was illegal.
hatukazi

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:01 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55990 wrote:
In fact, this country was founded by people who broke unjust laws. The Boston Tea Party was illegal.

the Boston Tea Party was staged by citizens protecting their way of life and prosperity, Illegal immigration does more damage to our way of life and our economy (which is already collapsing under its own weight).

making light of the situation by saying "it's only the jobs no one wants" is misleading and disrespectful.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:07 pm
@Crito,
No, blaming the slaves for the problem instead of the slave drivers is the real insult.

And just because you feel a tax is unjust doesn't give you the right not to pay it. The founding fathers should have had more respect for their king, I suppose.
hatukazi

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:32 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55993 wrote:
No, blaming the slaves for the problem instead of the slave drivers is the real insult.

And just because you feel a tax is unjust doesn't give you the right not to pay it. The founding fathers should have had more respect for their king, I suppose.

believe me I have plenty of antipathy for those m********kers who support/condone illegal immigration by hiring illegals, but that's another subject.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 05:22 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55993 wrote:

Except the tax was illegal based on the way Brit law was set up.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 05:24 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55990 wrote:

The Boston tea party was a protest, there was no law against throwing tea into the Boston harbor.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:01 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55987 wrote:
Mexicans are doing the jobs Americans don't want: picking vegetables and picking up garbage. It's the LEGAL immigrants coming over on H1B visas that are taking the good jobs.

News: IT Industry News - WashTech.org, Washington Alliance of Technology Workers

I am a full blooded American and guess what! I have done jobs that Americans don't want to do! I have worked in the fields, changed pipe, processed onions and driven combine.

I know more than a few people that have started there very own companies in the construction trade and guess what. They cannot compete in big cities because of all of the idiots that hire illegals and slash the **** out of their prices. But maybe this article is correct, construction is a trade that no one wants to take part in....
Numpty

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:18 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55993 wrote:

LMAO, now there goes a Royalist,..respect to you my man.

Which ever way you look at it, Illegals are not good for any economy which needs its workers to pay taxes. We have our issues over here but by in large the majority of foreign nationals who work, work within our system. massive fines are imposed on individuals and companies who employ illegals.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:39 pm
@Crito,
Crito;55987 wrote:

The H-1B and L-1B visas are destructive. It twisted the knife stuck inside what was left of an industry after a fallout.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:41 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;56007 wrote:
They cannot compete in big cities because of all of the idiots that hire illegals and slash the **** out of their prices. But maybe this article is correct, construction is a trade that no one wants to take part in....

This is very true. We recently had some contractors come out to quote rebuilding a fence, and the difference in price between the family run all American crew, and the "I hire of the street corner" crew was almost a 100% difference.
Numpty

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:46 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;56020 wrote:
This is very true. We recently had some contractors come out to quote rebuilding a fence, and the difference in price between the family run all American crew, and the "I hire of the street corner" crew was almost a 100% difference.

So what provisions are in place to stop this? Who checks the companies?

For little jobs it can be done here, but big contracts you got no chance, the gov will take you to the proverbial cleaners.
92b16vx

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:00 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56023 wrote:

For little jobs it can be done here, but big contracts you got no chance, the gov will take you to the proverbial cleaners.

Recently, many LEA's have been cracking down on companies hiring illegals, of course these are bigger, more high profile companies, not the smaller ones like the one I described.
Numpty

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;56029 wrote:
Recently, many LEA's have been cracking down on companies hiring illegals, of course these are bigger, more high profile companies, not the smaller ones like the one I described.

LEA what is/ are they?
92b16vx

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:06 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56031 wrote:
LEA what is/ are they?

Law Enforcement Agencies.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:57 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;56023 wrote:

There are hundreds of contractors that make a living off of those "little jobs". Many of the family owned contractors around Spokane make 100% of their money from doing little jobs like driveways, sidewalks, post holes, building fences etc. Those are the ones that get absolutely destroyed by illegal immigrants. You make pretty damn good money placing and finishing concrete and a whole lot of people want to do those jobs, for whatever reason it could be because that is what their family has been doing for generations or they like the hours, pay, freedom whatever. But when you have a parking lot full of illegal immigrants that "know it all" it puts the little man out of buisness. So I do not buy into "They take the jobs no one else wants".
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:23 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;56070 wrote:
There are hundreds of contractors that make a living off of those "little jobs". Many of the family owned contractors around Spokane make 100% of their money from doing little jobs like driveways, sidewalks, post holes, building fences etc. Those are the ones that get absolutely destroyed by illegal immigrants. You make pretty damn good money placing and finishing concrete and a whole lot of people want to do those jobs, for whatever reason it could be because that is what their family has been doing for generations or they like the hours, pay, freedom whatever. But when you have a parking lot full of illegal immigrants that "know it all" it puts the little man out of buisness. So I do not buy into "They take the jobs no one else wants".

My city is exploding with growth, and this is one hot frig'n mug in the summer. I want somebody else on that asphalt, and I hope they're making good pay doing it. They deserve it. :thumbup:
hatukazi

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:30 pm
@Pinochet73,
I don't think there is such a thing as a job no one wants, during the summer I do sealcoating blacktop, it's hot dirty, ruins your clothes, burns your skin and I'd probably make more money working at my local burger king, but I love it and I work with really cool people, and I would be extremely upset if my employers were driven out of business by some $4 an hour illegals that have absolutely no excuse to even BE here.