US Crime and Prision Population Up

hatukazi

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:31 pm
@klyph,
I'm paying the $.40 for the gum. I have known people who have had to steal diapers for their children though and food stamps dont buy diapers, do they deserve to be executed?
klyph

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:38 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;46426 wrote:
I'm paying the $.40 for the gum. I have known people who have had to steal diapers for their children though and food stamps dont buy diapers, do they deserve to be executed?

No, but they deserve to have their children **** on the floor. There's are very few legitimate excuses for destitute poverty. If you work hard in this country, you get by just fine. And if you can't afford to provide for children YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING CHILDREN. And if you're not prepared to provide for children YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING SEX.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:21 pm
@klyph,
klyph;46438 wrote:
No, but they deserve to have their children **** on the floor. There's are very few legitimate excuses for destitute poverty. If you work hard in this country, you get by just fine. And if you can't afford to provide for children YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING CHILDREN. And if you're not prepared to provide for children YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING SEX.

Now, Klyph, this is why I ID'd you as my possible protege. When you talk like that, you own da house up in haar. Ya feel me?Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:22 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;46340 wrote:
I realize that but you cannot treat every person as if they are a complete and utter lost cause. It needs to be handled on a case by case bases.

It is. It's called Case Law, in the framework of the US Constitution.
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:38 pm
@klyph,
klyph;46438 wrote:

coming from somebody so smart, this isn't.

working hard is NEVER enough.
hatukazi

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46424 wrote:
Look....the idea of institutionalized convicts isn't mine. My gosh...it's as old as the hills and your wrinkles. Look it up online. I don't have time to school you. And yes, dammit -- probation records have tons of personal information on defendants. No, I didn't get to know them personally, as in outside my office. What I did know is that some preferred prison, given what they said and what their records showed, and some even asked the judge, through me and the prosecutor, to be sent BACK to the slammer because they couldn't do probation. Prison can be addictive -- three hots, a cot, a roof over your head, and structure, something many lack and can't secure for themselves.

if prison is addictive than like a drug it should be illegal, OK so that's a stretch but then OBVIOUSLY the system is severely flawed, the recidivism rate is around 90%, what other government agency do you know of that keeps getting increased funding with a 90% failure rate?

there ARE criminals that need to be locked away from society, rapists, murderers and serial abusers need to be locked up until they are ready to be in society (they may never be), but when the issue is overcrowded prisons most of the problems lie with the system that KNOWS it has only so much space to put people yet rather than deal with the real issue they just get the problems out of sight.

As we can see you keep throwing the mess in the closet and it comes spilling out the door.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 05:42 am
@RedOct,
If anyone might impose martial law in America (which would be next to impossible), it would be the Democrats, acting on their latent Marxist tendencies.
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 01:06 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;46466 wrote:
coming from somebody so smart, this isn't.

working hard is NEVER enough.

I apologize that i believe in personal responsibility, obviously that has no place in this country any more.
hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 12:40 pm
@klyph,
It is the government that has stolen our personal responsibility, when personal choices that we make make us criminals.

I can be charged with "careless driving" because an officer PERCIEVES me to be careless, not because my "careless" actions resulted in personal injury, property damage or undue damage to our environment.

I can be called a criminal because Harry Anslinger, Randolph Hurst III, and the Dupont Chemical Corp. decided marijuana is not profitable for THEM, so it should be illegal.

While I understand speed limits in cities and residential areas, I believe on divided highways in rural areas speed limits violate my rights, and are used primarily to fund county treasuries.

and these are just the ones that affect me the most, the problem in this country is not that there is too many criminals, but too many CRIMES.

Crime is how the government separates people who do not agree with them, and the first thing they do after they label you a criminal is TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE so now you have no voice to defend your actions with. I believe if you cause personal injury, proprety damage, or damage to the environment, you have broken the law and should be held accountable, but if you haven't you shouldn't.
0 Replies