that Napoleon blokey aight

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:52 am
well what i was wantin to know, you know like some time today please, was right, well, what was the main, like most important you see, reason for the downfall...i say i say the downfall of one mr napoleon bonaparte? do i say do do you know the answer?

...okay so am actually interested in what other people think on this subject as am currently studying Napoleon's downfall for a history project, i have 'narrowed' it down in as much as these are my four main points:
The Continental System
The Peninslar Wars
The Russian Campaign
The Battle of Waterloo

So i was just wondering what other people thought on this subject and what in your opinion is the most important reason for Bonaparte's downfall and exile?

Tahnks for any input.x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,101 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 07:26 am
The Penninsular fiasco bled France white--conventional historians usually don't see this, but it was the prime reason among many. The continental system could be argued to have been having an effect--studies of the English GDP in the period show a marked decline. But the Russian revolt against the system lead to the necessity for an invasion. The loss of the Grande Armée in Russia, combined with the constant bleeding wound of Spain, assured that Bonapart could not recover to confront his enemies from a position of sufficient strenghth.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:52 am
Re: that Napoleon blokey aight
vroonika wrote:
well what i was wantin to know, you know like some time today please, was right, well, what was the main, like most important you see, reason for the downfall...i say i say the downfall of one mr napoleon bonaparte? do i say do do you know the answer?

As you are new here, vroonika, I'm inclined to cut you some slack. But keep in mind that some posters, such as myself, who would normally be willing to offer you some assistance, are less likely to do so if you indulge in this sort of twee prattle.

Now, as to your question: I believe that Napoleon's downfall is attributable primarily to Napoleon's overarching ambition. He was, then, largely responsible for his own fate.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:50 am
wha wha wha what is wrong wit tweee prattle matey o??? i think its quite endearing! so what if vroonikaaaa hasnt quite mastered the basics of the english language? im sure she was just trying to make it more interesting.. after all napoleon is such a yawnsome subject.... lol.. ahm pullin ye leg vron.. ahm havin ye oooon... and so on and so forth
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:52 am
Grrr wont let me delete this post cus i corrected t'other one and now thers no point having this one.... grr. the hamster told me off "you may not post a blank message" oh i may not, may not i? awfully sorry old chum, just means your left with spam.... oh well.. naht ma problem. byeeeesssssssss Twisted Evil
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:50 am
Re: that Napoleon blokey aight
joefromchicago said...

As you are new here, vroonika, I'm inclined to cut you some slack. But keep in mind that some posters, such as myself, who would normally be willing to offer you some assistance, are less likely to do so if you indulge in this sort of twee prattle.

heehee hahahahahah he said hes a poster.. taken ooot o context thas quite funny
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:51 am
oh balls how do you do that quote thing? hmm didnee work it didnt noooooooooo oh dear.
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 09:28 am
stop spamming miss annnifa, talking rubbish constantly is not amusing i do believe it is rather a waste of internet space so please desist.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 04:52 am
sorry......................... just trying to knock up my post count, trying to make it loook like im an interesting person wit lots tu say on lotsa diff subbys... not workn is it eh?
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 05:03 am
no not really chum! you look as daft as the day is long...
0 Replies