One Atheist's Holiday Season

George

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 06:04 pm
Mailed out my first gift -- to Australia.
Received my first card -- from Peru.
I'm feeling cosmopolitan!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:10 pm
@George,
AQmazing how the people of the world can be drawn together these days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 07:52 pm
http://images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2010/12/9/Garfield.194.g.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 02:27 pm
For nearly 8 years, Punky the dog has allowed us to have unmolested Christmas decorations. This year she has gone over to the Woof Side. A year ago, mrs edgarblythe made some lollipops out of wood, sticks and wrapping paper. They were about 20" tall and they looked very good next to a spiral tree and a wire reindeer that moves its head. We found the destruction at a fence corner. Chewed and scattered, the lollipops were. There were four. One remains. I took it in, to preserve it. Since I gave Punky the H30 and the parasite cleanse recommended by Hulda Clark, she has had energy to burn. She always was among the busiest dogs I have known.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 08:59 am
This cheered me up. thought I'd pass it on... Merry Christmas, everyone!

http://heavensgates.us/50s/whitechristmas/
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 01:19 pm
@snood,
I'm not "that" old, but enjoyed the song.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 03:15 pm
@snood,
Thanks, snood. I have passed that same video around for several years.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 03:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I knew I saw it somewhere. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 04:11 pm
A sad day at work today. The manager and assistant manager could not see eye to eye on things job related and the assistant went home - never to return, I am told. A pity. I love them both and hate to break up a set.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 08:42 pm
New Years marks the end of the season. I don't do a lot for that day. May have a couple of drinks, a nice dinner, on the eve. Mrs edgarblythe wants cornbread, black eyed peas and cabbage as the new year rings in. Something about luck and prosperity. Probably spend lots of time on the computer. January 1st will possibly pass like most other Saturdays.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 03:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A sad day at work today. The manager and assistant manager could not see eye to eye on things job related and the assistant went home - never to return, I am told. A pity. I love them both and hate to break up a set.

They patched it up and were both back in the office today. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:26 pm
Thanksgiving approaches. You don't gotta believe in Pilgrims, sharing their feast with Native American Indians, to appreciate the day. You don't gotta even believe in Abraham Lincoln. All it takes is willingness to partake of the spirit in which it is celebrated. Even we atheists can celebrate and feel closeness with friends and family. So, here I be, holding the line against Christmas, until the day after Thanksgiving. Happy holidays, people.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, I dont believe in ABraham Lincoln. I do believe in Dutch Shultz
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:00 pm
@farmerman,
They call him Dutch because he paid his own way.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:03 pm
@farmerman,
so does Joe Rock...
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:06 pm
@Rockhead,
I cant wait for the DEXTER Christmas SPecial. Itll be a slice of holiday cheer
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:12 pm
http://mi9.com/uploads/holiday/1189/beautiful-thanksgiving-scene-wallpapers_422_17549.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 04:18 pm
We always bake a large turkey and then freeze most of the meat. I end up eating the leftovers, because my wife wants to save them, but never seems to be in a mood to eat any. The kids live away from Tomball, so it is unlikely that we will see any this year. But we got Punky the dog. She will enjoy the day with us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:36 am
Barf Alert!

Turkey Stuffed With Twinkies Is, In Fact, An Actual Recipe From The 'Twinkies Cookbook'
www.huffingtonpost.com
The cake part of the Twinkie is used as a stuffing ingredient while the cream filling becomes a sauce for turkey...
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:52 am
@edgarblythe,
mmmm. The flavor of turkey and the vanilaayyy complementary flavor of the roasted twinkie.

Thanksgiving has alays been a low stress holiday for us. We dont accept any invites and we often help out at the local kitchens. (Im the master of creamed corn or collard greens and my wife is an expert punkin pie creator)
One year she made over 50 pies