One Atheist's Holiday Season

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:30 am
Edgar---

Would that all of our aspiring authors showed such common sense.

May 2007 be the Year of the Screenplay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:00 am
My new theory is to produce a harrowing adventure story, devoid of intellectual pretense, the filming of which requires stunning visual effects, the ending being as unpredictably suspenseful as possible.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:00 am
edgarblythe wrote:
We had the annual get together among my wife's relatives. Mostly stood out in the cold with two son in laws and a nephew, listening to them argue if Jimi Hendrix is the greatest. The grandkids had a great time, and that made it worth it.

There was a question?? I wish we'd had more kids around for our Christmas. The youngest was a 14-year-old cousin on Christmas Eve. My kids are 22 & 23. We had fun though - we have child substitutes. Our Chows love Christmas. They get right into the spirit. Both gaily wear bows and are front & center in the living room during parties and sometimes nestle up on the sofa with the presents. One practically hums "The Little Drummer Boy" while playing with her brand-new squeaking duck (which had to be quickly hidden). Her sister & littermate loves to sneak dog bones out of a big box under the Christmas tree. They also get to enjoy the best walks when the whole family joins in.

<sigh> It's all over now... except the clean-up.

Your plan to write a screenplay and get it produced sounds good, Edgar. I hope you get all you can wish from it. When one year rolls into another is an especially excellent time for ambitious dreams. Best wishes for a happy, productive and imaginative New Year!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:15 am
Edgar
I hope your play script will improve the quality of script writers' products. I've read a lot of movie scripts and most of them are really bad.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:20 pm
Now, wait a minute, BBB. Cervantes didn't have that kind of pressure. He wrote what he considered crap, for the money. What makes me different?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:30 pm
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
Thanks, Edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:55 pm
de nada
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 05:19 pm
That'd make a great TV show. This rich guy gives away a huge amount of money each week and the TV camera follows the recipient around.ORRR, people that hit the lottery. You follow them around until the moneys gone or they generate some story sized denoument of the payout. This could be big.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:47 am
I'm updating the season this time. I came into the colorized version of "Scrooge," the Allistair Simm version of "A Christmas Carol." Oh, we be rocking this year.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:43 am
Re: Edgar
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I hope your play script will improve the quality of script writers' products. I've read a lot of movie scripts and most of them are really bad.

BBB

Um, yes; well, what happened, as I began the second part, I googled the topic of my work, and discovered a film already in the works that too closely mirrored my effort. I sought to go on and finish it, but it became increasingly apparent that the other work would freeze mine out of the market. I sputtered to a stop. The up side is, I am at work on a different one now.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 01:31 pm
The colourized version of that just isn't the same as the black and white one, in my opinion. Just doesn't have the same appeal to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 05:12 pm
My gift to you will be
More than a prize
Underneath a Christmas tree

Wise and wonderful bride
A star will take us
For a magical ride

Soon you will see
The world below us will be
A jewel in the mist

O'er it we pause
Shocking Santa Claus
With a long lover's kiss

My love for you will be
More than a prize
More than a prize

(repeat)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 05:55 pm
Believe
Believe in magic
Disbelieve and it's tragic
Tiny elves 'round the Christmas tree
Helping Santa; for, it's Christmas Eve

Now the children sleep, safe and warm
Exhausted from going since early morn
Each believing Santa speaks their name
When he brings out toys and dolls and games
The grownups, too, as excited as they
Cannot wait for the light of Christmas Day
Then they gather all around the tree
And ask, "Is that a present, from you to me?"

And I believe in Santa Claus
Sure as windows have frost
And tiny elves, flying reindeer, too
I'd like to share it all with you
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 08:09 pm
We are not going to spend money on Christmas (Well, just a little bit). There is a magical quality to this day that doesn't require a credit card.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:33 pm
It is a sad day for us, here. A woman I have worked for, in my capacity of maintenance man, has died, and we lost our assistant manager. She was let go for giving a key to the deceased woman's apartment to her children, without they first producing a power of attorney. Well, I suppose life will look a little brighter in the coming days. I hope there will be no more bad news for a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 02:37 pm
My daughter has purchased tickets for mrs edgarblythe and me to visit her in Denver, Christmas week. That's nice. I don't know when or if we could have gotten there on our own.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 04:06 pm
Edgar--

You'll have a Mile High Christmas--enjoy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 07:19 pm
Looks that way. I really need the diversion.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:39 am
Edgar
edgarblythe wrote:
My daughter has purchased tickets for mrs edgarblythe and me to visit her in Denver, Christmas week. That's nice. I don't know when or if we could have gotten there on our own.

How about taking a ride from Denver to Albuquerque before you return home? Believe it or not, ABQ has a nice airport.

BBB
0 Replies