Why is homosexuality wrong?

Freeman15

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 11:11 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38574 wrote:
Well, out of respect for me, and the few gays in this forum, would you kindly refrain from such negative outbursts...I don't consider myself defective...God made me, as he made you...and last time I checked , he doesn't make mistakes...everything and everyone has a purpose and a right to be here.
Since you obviously know of "my shortcoming", would you care to share what yours might be, beyond the obvious? Not that I would call you defective, by any means...I'm above that.

I'm only 5'8, which is comparably short. Words only have the power you grant them.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:40 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38644 wrote:
I'm only 5'8, which is comparably short. Words only have the power you grant them.

What a spineless cop-out.
0 Replies

kmchugh

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 07:52 am
@Greatest I am cv,
The answer to the initial question, at least from a biological standpoint, is that homosexuality isn't "wrong." Neither is it a "defect" in the standard connotation. Human sexuality exists not as black or white, but rather as a continuum, with people existing all along that continuum. Those who consider it “unnatural” either don’t really understand the meaning of “nature” or they are woefully uninformed as to what we have learned about the reality of nature.

The problem isn’t so much with the gays themselves as it is with those who somehow feel threatened, or worse posit a societal threat from homosexuality. In the end, no part of me, my life, my marriage, or my society is threatened by gays. As such, what “they” do isn’t my business. It isn’t my concern, except insofar as I am concerned that “they” are treated no differently than anyone else. Which means they are not discriminated against, and that they are subject to the same rules as the rest of us.

I have discussed this issue before.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 08:42 am
@kmchugh,
kmchugh;38652 wrote:

Kudos. Eloquently-said !
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:05 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;38301 wrote:

NO VICTIM?
How about the millions that have died from Aids? And if you recal it was the homosexual lifestyle that first began to spread it. This lifestyle has kill off large portions of the African population with no end in site. Can you imagine how many familys would still be alive if people had ONLY BELIVED THE BIBLE. The Bible tells us that this type of sin would result in the land vomiting them out. Hear again, the Bible gave the warning, and man ignored it.
markx15

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:08 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Didn't Aids start from sexual encounters with animals who were already immune to the disease? Also, I don't believe the number of gays out there were enough to start this epidemic, personally I know not one person who has gotten Aids, or any STD for that matter, from homosexual tendencies, quite the contrary, I have only seen the spread of these form of diseases through male-female intercourse. That however only the product of my own observations in my own life, perhaps yours is diferent.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:36 pm
@markx15,
markx15;38692 wrote:
Didn't Aids start from sexual encounters with animals who were already immune to the disease? Also, I don't believe the number of gays out there were enough to start this epidemic, personally I know not one person who has gotten Aids, or any STD for that matter, from homosexual tendencies, quite the contrary, I have only seen the spread of these form of diseases through male-female intercourse. That however only the product of my own observations in my own life, perhaps yours is diferent.

May I refer you to the book by Randy Shilts, "And The Band Played On" (HIV Movie Review - And the Band Played On ), as to the origins, and the hows and whys of AIDS. Being informed is the best defense.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:58 pm
@markx15,
markx15;38692 wrote:

Well you must live a sheltered life. When the disease started they use to say it was Jerry Falwells revenge. How it was truly started is not as important as how it was spread, and I can tell you it was the homosexual lifestyle. Husbands in the beginning would give it to their wives after they had an affair with their homosexual partners. The wives often did not know about their husbands other life so she would get the Aids virus never knowing how she got it until it was to late. Now the virus is spread in other ways, and few but us old timers remember how it was orginally spread.
markx15

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:45 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Thanks aaron, I will get to it.

Well Campbell my parents would be proud, they do try their best to shelter me. : ). Do you have any ideas as to why these married men would seek satisfaction outside their marriage?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 09:58 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38450 wrote:
Dementia has set in....conventional wisdom states that homosexuality is a normal variant...and be thankful, because were the world totally heterosexual, resources would have been exhausted long ago, by overpopulation....hence nature's answer to that, keeping the equilibrium.

Once again....better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. I won't be responding to you any further...you're "otherworldly"......
Aren't there any other intellectuals in this forum other than myself, and the few civil persons I've met? Guess not.
Quote:
conventional wisdom states that homosexuality is a normal variant...
really, where does it say that? Got link?
Quote:
Once again....better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. I won't be responding to you any further...you're "otherworldly"......
Can we hold you too that?
Quote:
Aren't there any other intellectuals in this forum other than myself, and the few civil persons I've met? Guess not
Let me know if i'm typing to fast for you, LOL.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:35 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38717 wrote:
really, where does it say that? Got link?Can we hold you too that?Let me know if i'm typing to fast for you, LOL.

LOL...are you upset because no one will play with you?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 12:00 am
@Greatest I am cv,
You don't seem to have a problem. You seem to stupe alot.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 08:12 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;38698 wrote:
Well you must live a sheltered life. When the disease started they use to say it was Jerry Falwells revenge. How it was truly started is not as important as how it was spread, and I can tell you it was the homosexual lifestyle. Husbands in the beginning would give it to their wives after they had an affair with their homosexual partners. The wives often did not know about their husbands other life so she would get the Aids virus never knowing how she got it until it was to late. Now the virus is spread in other ways, and few but us old timers remember how it was orginally spread.

Husbands? Is that what we're calling "so-called " "straight men", who cheated on their wives, with other "men", mind you, and "allegedly" brought the virus home to them?????????????????
You talk like some deranged person. That the disease became a part of Jerry Falwell's hate-speech, is unfortunate. We all know that Christ was particularly fond of lepers, and tended to them repeatedly, when no one else would. What does that tell you?
It is spread today the exact same way it was spread then, through blood -to-blood or bodily fluid contact.
I can't say the rest of what I want to say.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 10:14 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;38684 wrote:
NO VICTIM?
How about the millions that have died from Aids? And if you recal it was the homosexual lifestyle that first began to spread it. This lifestyle has kill off large portions of the African population with no end in site. Can you imagine how many familys would still be alive if people had ONLY BELIVED THE BIBLE. The Bible tells us that this type of sin would result in the land vomiting them out. Hear again, the Bible gave the warning, and man ignored it.

Heterosexuals, over time, are responsible for much more harm than what aids has ever done. Read some sexual history.

Most homosexual relations are free of complication of health.
Cars have probably killed more than all the STDS put together.

Is making a car a sin.

I notice no moral reason for denigrating Gays are being put forward.

Are all Homophobes just doing it because God says so or do any have some intelligent reasons for creating victims where no victim ought to be?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 10:58 am
@Greatest I am cv,
God didn't say anything, the Bible says so.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 02:49 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38812 wrote:
God didn't say anything, the Bible says so.

The Bible also tells us we can kill our unruly children. Is this also a good idea?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 06:42 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38764 wrote:
Husbands? Is that what we're calling "so-called " "straight men", who cheated on their wives, with other "men", mind you, and "allegedly" brought the virus home to them?????????????????
You talk like some deranged person. That the disease became a part of Jerry Falwell's hate-speech, is unfortunate. We all know that Christ was particularly fond of lepers, and tended to them repeatedly, when no one else would. What does that tell you?
It is spread today the exact same way it was spread then, through blood -to-blood or bodily fluid contact.
I can't say the rest of what I want to say.

I'm sorry you think I talk like a deranged person. Perhaps the truth is just so unpolitically correct for you. I live back then, and I remember. Sorry the truth upsets you. Jerry Falwell was not preaching hate, he was giving a Biblical warning before the disease was discovered. They all laugh at him untill some months later when the Aids disease was recgonized. The Bible gave the warning about living this kind of life style. As usual, they killed the messenger, and then reaped their reward. If only they had listened to the Bible.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 07:38 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;38892 wrote:
I'm sorry you think I talk like a deranged person. Perhaps the truth is just so unpolitically correct for you. I live back then, and I remember. Sorry the truth upsets you. Jerry Falwell was not preaching hate, he was giving a Biblical warning before the disease was discovered. They all laugh at him untill some months later when the Aids disease was recgonized. The Bible gave the warning about living this kind of life style. As usual, they killed the messenger, and then reaped their reward. If only they had listened to the Bible.

puh-leeze...Jerry Falwell, chief of the hypocrites of the religious right, used the disease to promote his own agenda. And it was the vilest hatespeech imaginable. The disease came first and then his proselytizing...dont' get it twisted.
The Bible gave no such warning about the life style anymore than it did about fleas carrying the bubonic plague into Europe and decimating it in the Middle Ages.
The "truth" doesn't need to be believed for the truth to exist....Whatever it is you're talking about is propaganda and continuance of Jerry Falwell hate-filled message. You need to "cease and desist". Sexual relations are not the only way one can contract the disease...what do you have to say about those who contracted it via drug use or blood transfusion, or those accidentally infected? Are those people going to hell in a handbasket, too?
Xenocide91

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 08:53 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
I didn't mean exactly what I typed. Childless couples do so because of their own reasons, and gays just want to go against the grain and stand out. God didn't give us the nature to be homosexual anyway, Satan has clouded the judgement of normal people and influenced them to be gay. Why would you want to be gay anyway? If I may say so, girls are much easier on the eyes than most guys anyway.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 10:14 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38897 wrote:
puh-leeze...Jerry Falwell, chief of the hypocrites of the religious right, used the disease to promote his own agenda. And it was the vilest hatespeech imaginable. The disease came first and then his proselytizing...dont' get it twisted.
The Bible gave no such warning about the life style anymore than it did about fleas carrying the bubonic plague into Europe and decimating it in the Middle Ages.
The "truth" doesn't need to be believed for the truth to exist....Whatever it is you're talking about is propaganda and continuance of Jerry Falwell hate-filled message. You need to "cease and desist". Sexual relations are not the only way one can contract the disease...what do you have to say about those who contracted it via drug use or blood transfusion, or those accidentally infected? Are those people going to hell in a handbasket, too?

I'm sorry but the disease came second after Falwell's warning. In 1977 Falwell supported Anita Bryants save our children campaign which was speaking out against Homosexuality, then in 1979 Falwell continued to speak out and warn the nation about the evils of this life style and started the Moral Majority. Then in 1981, AIDS was first recognized as a new disease when a number of young gay men in New York and Los Angeles were diagnosed with symptoms not usually seen in individuals with healthy immune systems. Aids was first spread by the gay community. It is not the infection that sends people to Hell. And I never said that. Falwell told the truth of what was to come. The cost to this world in lives and money is almost incalculable. And the one who is hated above all, is the one who first tried to warn the world. People who hate the Bible will hate it's truth, even when it's truth could of saved so many from death. The Bible tells us that those who live such a life style will be vomited out by the land, and sadly this is what is happening to this very day, and often the innocent suffer to because of the evil of others. God knew how humans would be affected, and that's why warings were given in the Scriptures.